Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,550 of 1550

Thread: Dark Phoenix

  1. #1546
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Those things are in the the comics your right. But only because they are actually in the comics. Not because someone who read them wrote they're own fan fiction.
    So I'm just using the comic book parameters to "fix" these comic book-based movies LMAO. And it works, it's proper and legit. Within the rules established by the (DOFP) movie ON-SCREEN, if you're willing to "buy" the concept of a serum that makes Xavier walk again but inhibits his powers, it's not a stretch to think to an IMPROVED, upgraded version that makes him walk AND use his powers at the same time.

  2. #1547
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    So I'm just using the comic book parameters to "fix" these comic book-based movies LMAO. And it works, it's proper and legit. Within the rules established by the (DOFP) movie ON-SCREEN, if you're willing to "buy" the concept of a serum that makes Xavier walk again but inhibits his powers, it's not a stretch to think to an IMPROVED, upgraded version that makes him walk AND use his powers at the same time.
    And then what he just stops using that serum because reason?

    Exactly "Fixing" them, yet you say they're nothing wrong with the continuity? Your using Comic logic to write XCU fan fiction. Not even normal fan fiction, you have to use a bunch of cliche comic excuse to make it work(Clones, and unreliable characters)

  3. #1548
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Exactly "Fixing" them, yet you say they're nothing wrong with the continuity? Your using Comic logic to write XCU fan fiction. )
    Super-exposition in movies sucks a lot. I love movies which leave room for some imagination and brain...

    Said that, relax guys. LOL
    Last edited by BatKeaton; 06-28-2019 at 04:57 AM.

  4. #1549
    Loony Scott Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Running Springs, California
    Posts
    5,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Naw, in both the comic and the film the primal force(it’s never called the Phoenix Force in neither version) is suppose to be like a drug and affect her behavior. It doesn’t have a mind of its own. So it’s all on Jean, though the film presented Mystique’s death as more of an accident.
    I see what you are saying, but didn't interpret things exactly that cut and dry in the comics. Jean was certainly a willing party in that she gave in to the temptation of the dark side rather than fighting it. But the keynote of that whole relationship was the struggle between good and bad. In other words, Jean never became a bad guy full on, but she could have had she not decided to kill herself.

    In the movie, a very similar ending happened. Jean realized that she was the one who lost control when faced with this big overwhelming force inside of her. She made mistakes when letting it become an expression of her own childhood trauma. Anger at Charles, too. But ultimately rather than allow herself to go full on villain, she chose to end herself.

    Or something like that. The ending of DP and what exactly became of Jean was a tad vague.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-28-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

  5. #1550
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Sad fact is you and many fans put more thought into wait was done in these films than the filmmakers for these films.
    And here is the interview I was talking.

    Another fresh update in Dark Phoenix that lends to Jean's agency is the absence of Wolverine, the only one who managed to kill Jean in The Last Stand. Kinberg claims that it was a blessing in disguise that Hugh Jackman's character could not possibly be a part of Dark Phoenix after what transpired in Days of Future Past and Logan. "I didn't want a man to be the end of Jean's story. We finally have a female protagonist and this movie is about empowered women. I didn't want a man to be the person to make the final decision for her. I wanted her to make that decision. I didn't want Scott or Charles or Erik or someone else is in control of Jean's destiny. I wanted her to be in control of her own destiny," says Kinberg.
    https://www.firstpost.com/entertainm...t-6752851.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post

    Or something like that. The ending of DP and what exactly became of Jean was a tad vague.
    It’s basically the same ending as X2. Becomes a fiery bird and comes back human.
    Last edited by The Shape; 06-28-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •