Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They're not going to let Xavier/Magneto angst go, will they?
    Don’t be ridiculous. Of course they won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Deadpool and Fred Savage said it best: A Marvel movie produced by Fox is like the Beatles produced by Nickleback. Yup. That about sums it up.
    I'm so sick of this MCU or nothing thing it's cool people think the MCU movies are great (hell I enjoyed them) and it's totally there opinion if they think all other CBM don't compare but to keep seeing the same thing even in a DP movie it gets old it's not your cup of tea we get it don't watch it ok that's my rant sorry everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm so sick of this MCU or nothing thing it's cool people think the MCU movies are great (hell I enjoyed them) and it's totally there opinion if they think all other CBM don't compare but to keep seeing the same thing even in a DP movie it gets old it's not your cup of tea we get it don't watch it ok that's my rant sorry everyone.
    Well until DC or other companies make CBM's worth a damn, you're going to get that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Deadpool and Fred Savage said it best: A Marvel movie produced by Fox is like the Beatles produced by Nickleback. Yup. That about sums it up.
    Can you use quotes from other people who make movies. Not a comic character who is aware he is a comic book character making us laugh by breaking the 4th wall. Are you telling me MCU is the Beatles and fox is nikleback? who else shared this opinions? not people who make movies. not fans of comic movies either.

The opposite is what is true if Deadpool was to stop pranking us. Better we keep Deadpool as the prank star he is who says silly things considering, it was a Fox movie, Deadpool himself that got Golden Golden nominations because he deserved it and it was an MCU movie that never got any nomination because it deserved it. Marvel is the nickleback here not Fox. Don’t listen to the stupid things Deadpool says, how convenient Wade makes such a stupid comment. Wasn’t Ryan Reynolds worried about Deadpool in the MCU? He wanted Fox no to sell to Disney, he told us how redefining Logan was going to be after Deadpool 1. Are you telling me Logan is Nickleback and MCU Movies are the Beatles? LOL. We know Deadpool movies are going to be axed, must have been on so much pressure by Marvel to let what is a nonsense quote in his own movie that looks comfortable for Marvel and not Ryan. PG 13 Deadpool. Thank god Deadpool said this not Magneto or Batman.
    Last edited by Jeramas; 12-07-2018 at 03:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Well until DC or other companies make CBM's worth a damn, you're going to get that.
    DC already did. Superman 1978, Batman 1989, Batman 2005.

Last edited by juan678; 12-07-2018 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

I've often joked that if DC made a movie exactly like Batman & Robin now, MCU fans would lap it up because that's how much standards have dropped these days

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    DC already did. Superman 1978, Batman 1989, Batman 2005.
    Good lord. I doubt half this forum was even born when those came out. Can we get something a little more recent please? Besides, those movies have not aged well at all anyways.

Good lord. I doubt half this forum was even born when those came out. Can we get something a little more recent please? Besides, those movies have not aged well at all anyways.
    2005 half the forum is 12 or younger? Also Superman 78 and Batman 89 have aged like wine excellent examples from their vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've often joked that if DC made a movie exactly like Batman & Robin now, MCU fans would lap it up because that's how much standards have dropped these days

What are the standards? Very, very few comic book movies have ever been as bad as Batman & Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    2005 half the forum is 12 or younger? Also Superman 78 and Batman 89 have aged like wine excellent examples from their vintage.
    I was being sarcastic about the ages, but you cant be serious about those movies aging well. They were so campy and cheesy that they are hard to watch anymore. The first VW Beetle was sold in America in 1955. It was a good car then. Compared to todays cars though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by tkitna; 12-07-2018 at 10:20 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I was being sarcastic about the ages, but you cant be serious about those movies aging well. They were so campy and cheesy that they are hard to watch anymore. The first VW Beetle was sold in America in 1955. It was a good car then. Compared to todays cars though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    So you subscribe to Barney Stinson's One Rule?

What can I say but, "I love comics."

I'd take a VW Beetle over most cars today especially a 60's model and I'll take Superman 78, Batman 89, and Batman Begins over any DC offering today they are that good IMO.

Also I think X2 has aged well and Raimi's Spider-Man 1 & 2 are the best Spider-Man films a they're a little cheesy too.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-07-2018 at 01:17 PM.