Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeramas View Post
    You didn't see Days of Future Past? So its true then.there are folks who don't watch movies that stomp hard against MCU movies.
    "I'll watch it when it's free sometime down the line, just like I did Days of Future Past and Apocalypse."

My exact quote. I didn't pay money to see either. Never went to the theatre, or rented/bought the Blue Ray/DVD. I simply waited for an opportunity to see it without paying, in both cases I believe I watched them on a flight. The viewings pretty confirmed what I figured out from the trailers, that I'd really glad I didn't waste money on them. Dark Phoenix seems to be continuing this trend. I'll wait for an opportunity to watch without paying for it. Eventually, I'll see it, even if it's on network TV 10 years from now. I just don't have a burning desire to watch this because they seem to be making the same mistakes again from what I see in the trailers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    "I'll watch it when it's free sometime down the line, just like I did Days of Future Past and Apocalypse."

My exact quote. I didn't pay money to see either. Never went to the theatre, or rented/bought the Blue Ray/DVD. I simply waited for an opportunity to see it without paying, in both cases I believe I watched them on a flight. The viewings pretty confirmed what I figured out from the trailers, that I'd really glad I didn't waste money on them. Dark Phoenix seems to be continuing this trend. I'll wait for an opportunity to watch without paying for it. Eventually, I'll see it, even if it's on network TV 10 years from now. I just don't have a burning desire to watch this because they seem to be making the same mistakes again from what I see in the trailers.
    I wonder why some MCU fans feel like this, not watching Days of future past because it was not an MCU flick that more than stomped over all the MCU flicks is not a reason I will ever skip a movie if I had the chance to see it. Name me one MCU movie more bad ass than Days of Future Past you saw on TV to the MCU movies you saw in cinema? Honestly I get why you chose not to see it. this game has been going on for more than 6 years with the soft reboot of first class. what makes you think dark phoenix wont do the same? stomp all over the MCU movies you like so much?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While not a big fan of Into Darkness I'm not a hater of it either I really don't hate any Star Trek film well maybe Insurrection and I don't hate the JJ films I really like Beyond and 2009 to be clear I was comparing the blending of two source materials to make a film.
    Into Darkness was one poor decision moment attempting to ruin the entire movie. the reharsh of spock's death with Kirk. I liked it better than Beyond that felt too TVish. X3 is ruined by a lot on bad decisions Kinberg is aware off. So why is there still so much negativity? oh right, it is not an MCU movie. everyone is tired of the= lets spread negativity on marvel movies not part of the MCU. that is what is going on with dark phoenix.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Funny, I don't recall Phoenix joining Magneto out of fear of her powers in the original Dark Phoenix saga.
    Which doesn’t happen in this movie. Magneto wants to kill Jean as shown in the trailer. Don’t know how you misread his intent.

Or Charles Xavier being lectured to for sealing Jean's power to protect her.
    Also doesn’t happened in this movie, but that did happen in the original Dark Phoenix.

Or Jean's powers first manifesting themselves to cause a car crash, possibly killing her parents.
    That is a part of Jean’s backstory in the comics. Except it was her childhood friend Anna that was in a car accident. Jean wasn’t the cause but her powers manifested during that event.

So what exactly in the trailer or X3 resembles the original Dark Phoenix Saga, other than Jean losing control of her powers?
    You didn’t know the fight at Jean’s house is from the original?

Because it looks to me like they're shoehorning Magneto into the story again, but this time adding Mystique.
    Mystique was in X3.

But hey, gotta keep that screen time for the stars they think are going to bring people to the theatres, I guess.
    Mystique dies pretty eariler as the trailer shows. So...
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-25-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    http://collider.com/dark-phoenix-mov...ic-comparison/

You would've had some more time if you didn't shoehorn Magneto and Mystique here, Kinberg.
    And Quicksilver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    And Quicksilver.
    Quicksilver would've been fine if they had resolved his plot-point with Magneto in the previous movie. And if they hadn't made him so ridiculously OP.

I'm still surprised people like DOFP frankly. It was awful. Singer practically threw out everything that he could of Vaughns because he actually made a good piece of work and just reverted to type. Wasted so many characters, ideas and plotlines its insane. Then led us into Apocalypse.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I'm still surprised people like DOFP frankly. It was awful. Singer practically threw out everything that he could of Vaughns because he actually made a good piece of work and just reverted to type. Wasted so many characters, ideas and plotlines its insane. Then led us into Apocalypse.
    I really don't get the hype. I thought it was pretty terrible like most of their other movies. The only actual enjoyable scenes were when they were fighting the future sentinels. I never understood what people liked about it.

I was annoyed they couldn't even get little shit right...like hair. The one character known for being bald and you got him rolling around with Jesus curls. Let alone the fact that Mystique was a main character and the actual story had little to do with its comic counterpart. That movie was a mess

They kill off most of the characters built up in the last movie, force Magneto to be the villain and never even do anything with Dinklage who could have had an interesting subplot about how his Dwarfism sucks whilst their mutations give 'em super powers !

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyJones View Post
    Let alone the fact that Mystique was a main character and the actual story had little to do with its comic counterpart.
    Mystique had a major role in the original story, which there wasn’t much of.

Amazing Member

It's been a little while since I read the story but I remember her role being...different

She was the assassin DOFP the film was like doing Batman Begins but spending half the film examing Joe Chill's motivations.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I honestly don’t remember Mystique even being in the OG DOFP tbh

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think her tombstone was.

But in the OG DOFP, her Sisterhood of Mutants were the impetus of the whole bad future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    She and the New Brotherhood (Destiny, Blob, Pyro, and Avalanche) were the ones who were going to kill Xavier and Kelly.