Page 26 of 105 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Doubtful. All evidence points to the funeral scene being for Mystique and Jean was shown alive at the end of DOFP.
    The X-Men respecting continuity? HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    While I am all for killing Mystique, even just for the momentary joy of it.....she's almost certainly going to become too central to the story via her death then....right?
    Yes She would but why would they stop now with making Mystique/J.Law too important in X-men movies. You don't believe it is Mystique then the biggest clue of Beast and Magneto working together should say differently.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Jean seems to have done something at Genosha to get her on his shitlist. Mystique is the cherry on top.

If Mystique is the one to die in Genosha, she might have been there because she switched sides again and was caught amid the devastation caused by DP, as opposed to being directly targeted by Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    While I am all for killing Mystique, even just for the momentary joy of it.....she's almost certainly going to become too central to the story via her death then....right?
    Sadly, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    If Mystique is the one to die in Genosha, she might have been there because she switched sides again and was caught amid the devastation caused by DP, as opposed to being directly targeted by Jean.
    You know very well that Mystique is the freaking mutant messiah in an almost literal sense since Apocalypse. She's the one leading the team and Jean trusts her more than pretty much anyone, evidenced in the first 15 minutes screened.

She's not going to change sides. She's going to die a hero, and every character will be devastated.

Astonishing Member

She’ll be at guh-nosha reaching out to mags, trying to reason with him. Something will happen to set Jean off, destroys guh-nosha and mystique, everyone is utterly devastated, Mays has more manpain to fuel his righteousness fury, etc...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yes She would but why would they stop now with making Mystique/J.Law too important in X-men movies. You don't believe it is Mystique then the biggest clue of Beast and Magneto working together should say differently.
    I'm with you. The force feeding of Mystique into every damn storyline is long past old. I'll be happy if that character never appears again in an X-men movie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Interestingly, Jessica Chastine’s character’s name seems to change with every screening. Think they did this to throw people off before the final cut?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-14-2019 at 06:18 PM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It's always interesting to see just how clumsy some actors can be in an impromptu environment like this. There was nothing horrifically awkward here (aside from one or two fan questions, as is customary), but Shipp carried this panel. She has this natural charisma that really showed here, and I hope she's able to use that in Dark Phoenix.

As for some people earlier in the thread complaining about the "brown" comment, they were talking about parts that young, brown girls/actresses would love to play, and (spoiler warning) Shipp is brown (mixed race, but I guess she calls herself brown, which is her prerogative). They weren't saying that Storm is brown.

Whether or not a mixed actress "should" play Storm is another topic altogether, and one that I find kinda icky so I'm gonna leave it alone.

It was odd to hear Fassbender pronounce Genosha the way he did: wonder if they're gonna say it that way in the film.

Other than that, not oo much new here, but it was still interesting to see these three in a more realistic setting, especially since they're talking about a project that they finished working on months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Interestingly, Jessica Chastine’s character’s name seems to change with every screening. Think they did this to throw people off before the final cut?
    I still think it's obscenely fascinating that they've managed to keep her character identity a secret this long. I just wonder if all the cloak-and-dagger stuff will be worth it. I mean, they did the same thing with the Avengers 4 title, and, when they finally dropped it, people basically said, "That's it? Ok."

It almost seems like a no-win scenario, at least in regards to the fandom. If it turns out Chastain's playing Lilandra after all (despite her saying she wasn't), people will say, "Of course she was gonna play Lilandra. Dur," but if she isn't playing Lilandra, people will say, "What the $&%^ Why isn't she Lilandra?! Fox sucks blah blah blah..."

I just hope she isn't Cassandra Nova, as I hate that character. If she is Nova, I hope that the character is an in-name-only revamp.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    It was odd to hear Fassbender pronounce Genosha the way he did: wonder if they're gonna say it that way in the film.
    Why would Fassbender choose to pronounce it differently here than in the film?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Why would Fassbender choose to pronounce it differently here than in the film?
    I'm assuming they'll say it that way in the film, but stranger things have happened. It won't be a deal-breaker or anything when/if they do pronounce it that way: it'll just be an adjustment.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix’s Big Death Has Been ""Revealed""

spoilers:
    It's Mystique
    end of spoilers

Do I even need to put it into spoilers?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix’s Big Death Has Been ""Revealed""

spoilers:
    It's Mystique
    end of spoilers

Do I even need to put it into spoilers?
    If you've followed the production history and comings and goings of the film, it shouldn't surprise you. But most people don't do that.

That said, I'm cool with it. It makes way more sense narratively than the rumor that spoilers:
    Beast was going to bite it
    end of spoilers.

Hoping for a new trailer during the Super Bowl because I'm jonesin' pretty bad. Granted I'm not actually going to watch the Super Bowl as I hate the NFL (I'm a college football guy), but it makes sense for a new trailer to appear there, as that's when we got the first (?) trailer for Apocalypse last time round.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    That said, I'm cool with it. It makes way more sense narratively than the rumor that spoilers:
    Beast was going to bite it
    end of spoilers.
    Well, that would also explain why: spoilers:
    Beast ceases to be an X-Man and becomes an official member of the Brotherhood of Mutants.
    end of spoilers