Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    She is definitely skinner. Has been losing weight over the months. Wonder they reshoot all her scenes. They could say the Phoenix Force was deteriorating her health since according to Kinberg that thing is suppose to be breaking out of her. At least that’s what I would have done.

They are both trench coats but that’s where the similarities end. The coat in this film is leather with notched collars, in addition to the different color scheme. While the one in TLS was made of silk and had puritan collars, with a corset over it.
    I think Kinsberg deteriorated Jean's health!

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That costume definitely looks like Last Stand. Ugh.

Should be getting a trailer over the next few weeks, I sorta hope it's just Fassbender standing there saying "I wish I would've waited to sign on as Magneto."
    John Hammond:
    Don't worry, I'm not making the same mistakes again.

Dr. Ian Malcolm:
    No, you're making all new ones.

BANNED

Well said.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but it's kinda silly that people are freaking out again based on this already revealed costume design.

More power to you if you wanna freak out, I suppose, but this hysteria over something that superficially reminds you of The Last Stand is a good bit overblown.

Also, every big movie that this does reshoots nowadays, and the mere fact that a movie has reshoots doesn't mean the movie's bad. It doesn't mean that it's good, either: it just means that they wanted to reshoot some material. Heck, Avengers: Endgame is having reshoots, and you don't see people freaking out about that.

Still hoping for a new sizzle trailer during the Super Bowl. The first trailer was a great tone-setting trailer, but it'd be nice to get a more fist-pumping trailer.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but it's kinda silly that people are freaking out again based on this already revealed costume design.

More power to you if you wanna freak out, I suppose, but this hysteria over something that superficially reminds you of The Last Stand is a good bit overblown.

Also, every big movie that this does reshoots nowadays, and the mere fact that a movie has reshoots doesn't mean the movie's bad. It doesn't mean that it's good, either: it just means that they wanted to reshoot some material. Heck, Avengers: Endgame is having reshoots, and you don't see people freaking out about that.

Still hoping for a new sizzle trailer during the Super Bowl. The first trailer was a great tone-setting trailer, but it'd be nice to get a more fist-pumping trailer.

Its because Marvel has built up enough good will that reshoots dont worry anyone. The initial leaks made this sound dreadful, the shifting of release multiple times followed by minimal media presence implies a lack of faith from Fox.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

It is true that many movies, including all the MCU, include reshoots. But those are included in the budget and schedule of the movie production. No MCU movie has changed its release date for reshoots. Dark Phoenix has been delayed for almost a year. That implies that the studio/director were not happy with the initial movie and are trying to get it into better shape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Its because Marvel has built up enough good will that reshoots dont worry anyone. The initial leaks made this sound dreadful, the shifting of release multiple times followed by minimal media presence implies a lack of faith from Fox.
    No, it's because when DCEU or XCU have reshoots the MCU fans makes too much of a big deal of it, but when MCU do reshoots these same fans are very silent.
    Some of them was even making the ridiculous statement that Dark Phoenix reshot the whole movie over, but it was just a normal reshoot like most reshoots.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-22-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    No, it's because when DCEU or XCU have reshoots the MCU fans makes too much of a big deal of it, but when MCU do reshoots these same fans are very silent.
    No it's because the MCU never had a Fan4Stick or Justice League and Suicide Squad where the Studio heavily edited the film in post production with reshoots.

Your conspiracy theories are amusing but very much off kilter.

BANNED

Your conspiracy theories are amusing but very much off kilter.
    That is 100% inaccurate.

Astonishing Member

Some of them was even making the ridiculous statement that Dark Phoenix reshot the whole movie over, but it was just a normal reshoot like most reshoots.
    The MCU reshoots don't cause the movie to miss their original release date by a year.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The initial leaks made this sound dreadful
    Because the leaker didn’t actually see the movie nor was even a X-fan, he only heard about some plot points and twisted the truth a bit. Do you really believe the part about Jean not becoming Phoenix until the end of the film after they showed the first 15 minutes at comic-cons?

the shifting of release multiple times followed by minimal media presence implies a lack of faith from Fox.
    The second delay happened so Alita could take its February shot, got nothing to do with how they see Dark Phoenix. They delayed Alita three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Dark Phoenix has been delayed for almost a year.
    7 months isn’t almost a year.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-22-2019 at 12:29 PM.

BANNED

The MCU reshoots don't cause the movie to miss their original release date by a year.
    So what, a reshoot is a reshoot, MCU,XCU or DCEU it's all the same.
    Plus, there are lots of reasons a movies are pushed back.
    Maybe the MCU should have pushed back some of their movies, then we would have gotten better movies.

Astonishing Member

So what, a reshoot is a reshoot, MCU,XCU or DCEU it's all the same.
    Plus, there are lots of reasons a movies are pushed back.
    Maybe the MCU should have pushed back some of their movies, then we would have gotten better movies.
    Do you honestly think the studio would have delayed twice if they thought the movie was in good shape? Do you think routine reshoots aren't factored into the production schedule?

BANNED

Do you honestly think the studio would have delayed twice if they thought the movie was in good shape? Do you think routine reshoots aren't factored into the production schedule?
    Delays and reshoots happen all the times, it's not unusual.
    It's not a big deal
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-22-2019 at 11:42 AM.