Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

BANNED

Random youtuber says Donner might own the X-men - oh it's real!.....but two movie insiders with a track record? Perish the thought!

What these guys are saying has some basis in the fact that the reshoots were pretty extensive, unplanned, and late in the game. As a general rule, those aren't encouraging signs. Hopefully they can clean it up before the theatrical release. Damage to the X-brand is something none of us want.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Sorry, I can’t trust people I don’t personally know.
    It’s always somebody else is telling them, that alone is a red flag.
    This would rule out the idea that you can trust any statement about Donner and her actual relationship to the "X" IP, no?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    This would rule out the idea that you can trust any statement about Donner and her actual relationship to the "X" IP, no?
    Also Iger, Feige and Horn too

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    That wasn’t the problem with X3 though. The vast majority of the original Dark Phoenix story mainly takes place on Earth, the space stuff was an afterthought. The problem was that Jean Grey barely does anything in that movie. She kills Scott off-screen and destroys Xavier’s body in th first act, then does nothing for the rest of the film until the last few minutes of it.

Besides there are still aliens and cosmic entities in the movie.
    I didn't mean it that way as in cosmic. I meant Kinberg likes to make things too "real world" which sucks all the fun and wonder out of the movies.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Hopefully they can clean it up before the theatrical release.
    Ditto.

Best case scenario we get something like World War Z, which was also delayed for half year for reshoots. Which wasn’t great but was mildly entertaining.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-24-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I didn't mean it that way as in cosmic. I meant Kinberg likes to make things too "real world" which sucks all the fun and wonder out of the movies.
    I wouldn’t call Dark Phoenix a “fun” storyline.

Olivia Munn is apparently in the movie. Go to the bottom.

https://amctheatres.com/amc-scene/da...er&utm_term=na

Someone took a photo from the screening.

Many positive twitter reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Someone took a photo from the screening.

Confirmed naked. Guess the effects really weren’t finished.

Many positive twitter reactions.
    Like what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Confirmed naked. Guess the effects really weren’t finished.

Like what?
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/darkphoenix?lang=en

MsM

@MarlloWollraM
    9h9 hours ago
    More
    I saw #DarkPhoenix. This movie is a masterpiece, and it magnificently closes the X-Men franchise on Fox. Jean is very empowered and has wonderful dialogues. There is a fight between Jean and Storm that will become iconic. (I took this photo secretly during the best scene). #XMen
    X-Men OBSESSED!

@xmen_daily
    12h12 hours ago
    More
    Just got to see a test screening of Dark Phoenix! Let me tell you right now, do not believe the rumors! This movie is beautiful and stunning. The acting is really good, this is easily one of the best X-Men movies ever! You guys are going to love this flim!
    Mutana ❁

@GirafaLBA
    8h8 hours ago
    More
    �������� I'm crying. I went to a #DarkPhoenix test session and I can't belive in what I just watched, it's uncanny, it's MAGNIFICENT

The first tweet is similar to what I read from a few days.

@ImAFilmEditor

“#DarkPhoenix” tries to be “#Logan” with ending the #XMen FOX Franchise. And yes, a lot of storylines come to a close. Some satisfying ones, and some not so much.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

That's nice to see. At least there's an image that can somewhat corroborate the story: for all I know, it's not actually his/her image, but it is what it is.

Regarding all the various rumors and "reactions" (both positive and negative), I take all of it, and I mean all of it, with a huge grain of salt. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem like whenever there's a test screening for something, the word out of it is almost always bad or mixed? I'm sure there have been good test screenings, but you never seem to hear about them. I don't, anyway.

There are just so many people with agendas for this movie (both for and against) that it's hard to take a lot of what was said seriously. I'll watch the trailers and go see the film. If it stinks, it stinks. If I love it, then I won't care what anyone else thinks, which is what happened with Apocalypse.

What I'm trying to say is that I just can't get myself worked up either way over a bunch of internet rumors, speculation and the like. I'm still hyped for the movie, and no amount of internet stuff is gonna sway me of that because, at the end of the day, I love the X-Men. I can't help but be excited over each and every new movie, show, etc. that has them in it. I don't love everything they've been in but I can never get rid of that sense of inherent hype I have about the franchise.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    That's nice to see. At least there's an image that can somewhat corroborate the story: for all I know, it's not actually his/her image, but it is what it is.

Regarding all the various rumors and "reactions" (both positive and negative), I take all of it, and I mean all of it, with a huge grain of salt. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem like whenever there's a test screening for something, the word out of it is almost always bad or mixed? I'm sure there have been good test screenings, but you never seem to hear about them. I don't, anyway.

There are just so many people with agendas for this movie (both for and against) that it's hard to take a lot of what was said seriously. I'll watch the trailers and go see the film. If it stinks, it stinks. If I love it, then I won't care what anyone else thinks, which is what happened with Apocalypse.

What I'm trying to say is that I just can't get myself worked up either way over a bunch of internet rumors, speculation and the like. I'm still hyped for the movie, and no amount of internet stuff is gonna sway me of that because, at the end of the day, I love the X-Men. I can't help but be excited over each and every new movie, show, etc. that has them in it. I don't love everything they've been in but I can never get rid of that sense of inherent hype I have about the franchise.
    Same here. Honestly, I don't even think that's Sophie Turner in that picture. She looks different.

Apparently these are fake.