Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Oh was hoping for some actual cosmic stuff to make it stand out from the previous attempt at this story. I guess low orbit is what we get. Either that or these trailers arent putting theyrr best foot forward. Thay said looks like Mystique dies early in the movie or I hope she does and I enjoy most the other actors so who knows. Does enough for me that I'll watch it and give it a a chance but I'm not very optamistic

Ultimate Member

Much prefer this trailer to the other ones.

Not excited but i'm now curious.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Jean had more to do in this trailer than she did in X3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Quick Thoughts

- This doesn't look that bad better than first trailer

- I never been so happy for a character to die in a movie than I am for Mystique dying in this movie

- For some reason the are doing call back to X-men Last stand ugh

- Storm doing electrical stuff on mass scales looks cool.Storm accent is hilarious tho

- Jessica Chastain let slip on Jimmy Fallon that she kills some "people", Jessica Chastain is alien my best guess is Lilandra or Deathbird

- Phoenix force is actually entity forcing Jean to do stuff ala Cosmic Venom

- Space angle looks interesting we will see how far they go with it, The space scenes shown in the trailer is rumored to be early in the movie and is when she picks up the Phoenix entity

Jean had more to do in this trailer than she did in X3.
    Not a high bar to reach. And it's Dark Phoenix, Jean getting to do stuff is the bare minimum.

Scott hasn't done crap yet though.

Way too much like X3! While I was hoping against that, this seems to prove the opposite.

Amazing Member

I am confused by the trailer.

It seems like a cosmic entity or force entered Jean's body, we could assume it's the Phoenix Force, but hasn't Jean had Phoenix all along in X-Men Apocalypse, in which she unleashed her Phoenix power to destroy Apocalypse.

So this solar flare / cosmic power fiery force thing, is it Phoenix Force? Or is it just a extreme solar flare which forces Jean to unleash the Phoenix which has been residing inside her all along?

I am so confused if it's the Phoenix Force.

Because Jean unleashed Phoenix on Apocalypse.

Is there anyone who could explain it to me?
    anyone else as confused as me?

Director Simon Kinberg did an interview about the newly-released trailer, he said Storm would get a heavy action to showcase her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post

It seems like a cosmic entity or force entered Jean's body, we could assume it's the Phoenix Force, but hasn't Jean had Phoenix all along in X-Men Apocalypse, in which she unleashed her Phoenix power to destroy Apocalypse.

So this solar flare / cosmic power fiery force thing, is it Phoenix Force? Or is it just a extreme solar flare which forces Jean to unleash the Phoenix which has been residing inside her all along?

Director Simon Kinberg did an interview about the newly-released trailer, he said Storm would get a heavy action to showcase her powers.
    They probably explain it in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post

'Consistency' and 'continuity' are foreign words for these movies.
    Don't hold your breath on that one.

Maybe but just as likely they pretend things from a previous movie didnt happen. Continuity has always been suspect with the XCU. It looks like Jean gets possessed by the Phoenix force in space which makes no sense since she already has it. But could be she get infected with something or someone else that is willing to unleash the full power.

I will say McAvoy becomes more and more like Xavier every movie for me. Hes gonna be the actor I miss the most when the inevitable MCU reboot happens.

Btw, anybody else notice that the Phoenix Force is pinkish?

Yeah, do not hold your breath for an explanation. And what plausible explanation could there be--the Phoenix Force does not need a solar flare to activate. Just bad, bad, bad all around.

I am so surprised they let Kinsberg have another shot at this--and Jean--but no one checked what his ideas were beforehand or supervised during production. I think he just did it again to us!!

I remember Kinberg saying the solar flare “awakens” a force inside her.

I am sure he did, but that is because he just doesn't get Jean, the Phoenix Force or the previous movie.

I remember Kinberg saying the solar flare “awakens” a force inside her.
    Well, now he's saying different.

Jessica Chastain is in this movie as well. We get a little more footage of her manipulating Jean in the trailer. Can you tease the role more?
    Her character is an alien. She comes from another planet. When you see the entity that enters Jean in space is not a solar flare — it’s a cosmic force. For those that know the comic, they know what the force is. Chastain’s character is drawn and has been seeking out that cosmic force, and it leads her to Earth and to Jean. It’s a force she either wants to control or destroy.

So it’s the Phoenix Force from the comics?
    Yeah.
    https://ew.com/trailers/2019/02/28/d...ystique-death/