Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Seems that interview also confirms the fate of Mystique in the trailer (ok, it was obvious, but some were thinking it was still a red herring)

I couldn't let myself hope that it was Mystique who died, even though that is implied.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

And now after Mystique/Katniss the great revolutionnary, we will spend a quarter of the movie about Mystique, the martyr!
    Greeat!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    And now after Mystique/Katniss the great revolutionnary, we will spend a quarter of the movie about Mystique, the martyr!
    Greeat!
    Every conversation will either be She Killed Mystique, I Killed Mystique, or What would Mystique do?.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Every conversation will either be She Killed Mystique, I Killed Mystique, or What would Mystique do?.
    AAARGH!
    I already can hear the speech about mystique, the soul of the X-Men!

AAARGH!
    I already can hear the speech about mystique, the soul of the X-Men!
    As much as I like McAvoy as Xavier having mystique so intertwined with him kinda bring the character down for me. It's also such a weird choice. Like really Mystique of all characters? I mean people complaini ng about MCU not faithfully adapting stuff. Mystique might aswell be a 100% new character. I also hate the idea of Beast changing back and forth. Will say the latest trailer was the best beast has looked in these newer movies. But I'll still take Kelsey Grammers beast.

Also Salene seems fine. But Red Lotus is one of the few Asian characters(Half but whatever) in the xmen universe(Sunfire,Silver Samurai and Jubliee are all I got on the spot though I know they're are a few more). I dont know anything about the actor playing him but he looks like hes one of my tribe. Either Samoan or Maori. Witch I mean is Asian adjacent. And there are Asian characters I dont know of any Polynesian ones. You know what the more I think this through the more it doesn't bother me. All the triads stuff probaly wont be in the movie because hes probaly barrly gonna have a talking part and no background.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

International trailer with some different footage and more exposition. Also shows a supernova happening.

https://vimeo.com/320558530

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    International trailer with some different footage and more exposition. Also shows a supernova happening.

https://vimeo.com/320558530
    This is the best trailer I've seen yet! It makes sense.
    Despite that, it's still pretty underwhelming, something is missing due to the lack of character development.

This is the best trailer I've seen yet! It makes sense.
    Despite that, it's still pretty underwhelming, something is missing due to the lack of character development.
    I agree it's the better trailer, but both versions just tell you what you need to know. Jean is Phoenix, there's a creeper as her mentor, Mystique dies, and everyone blames Xavier. A 2 and a half minute trailer is not expected to have much in the way of character development.

It's an advertisement, not a novella.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I agree it's the better trailer, but both versions just tell you what you need to know. Jean is Phoenix, there's a creeper as her mentor, Mystique dies, and everyone blames Xavier. A 2 and a half minute trailer is not expected to have much in the way of character development.

It's an advertisement, not a novella.
    Thank you. A trailer shows too much, and people complain they saw the whole movie. A trailer just gives you the gist of the story and characters, and people complain that they don't tell you enough or come to the wrong conclusion and assume it's fact, which had happened in both threads for this movie.

Kinda annoying, it is.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

As usual, Magneto is the only positive aspect of it. Can we get Rebecca Romjin back?

There is something distinctly old fashioned about this latest trailer. As if superhero movies have moved on considerably but this movie is stuck in the previous decade.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I like the idea I heard over at Screen junkies News today when they were talking about this trailer. At the end of the movie just have Phoenix destroy everything. It would be ballsy and unexpected. Everyone knows this is really the last hurah for the Singer/Kinbergverse so just end it in flames and destruction.

(yeah yeah I know there is still New Mutants out there, but really at this point that movie is just a tax right off that no one at either Fox or Disney give a **** about anymore)

BANNED

We already got an ending to the whole franchise, it's the "positive" 2023 we see at the very end of DOFP. "Dark Phoenix" (set in 1992) is already history for that specific future.

By the way, will Jean use her "Marvel Girl" codename at the beginning?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    I am confused by the trailer.

It seems like a cosmic entity or force entered Jean's body, we could assume it's the Phoenix Force, but hasn't Jean had Phoenix all along in X-Men Apocalypse, in which she unleashed her Phoenix power to destroy Apocalypse.

So this solar flare / cosmic power fiery force thing, is it Phoenix Force? Or is it just a extreme solar flare which forces Jean to unleash the Phoenix which has been residing inside her all along?

I am so confused if it's the Phoenix Force.

Because Jean unleashed Phoenix on Apocalypse.

Is there anyone who could explain it to me?
    anyone else as confused as me?

Director Simon Kinberg did an interview about the newly-released trailer, he said Storm would get a heavy action to showcase her powers.
    Phoenix is Jean's split personality. The "solar flare" is a cosmic entity which merges with Jean's "Phoenix" personality trapped inside her, making it dominant and infinitely more powerful. So it's a combination between the two theories.