Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The movie has no direction because it was rushed.
    There is an irony they dragged their feet so long Singer left than rushed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I couldn't care less for X2. Liked it at the time but the ship has sailed a long time ago for me on that film. When I think of X2 I imagine the filmmakers hated the thought to use Colossus because he would have killed their movie budget. .
    The imagination for film makers in X2 was to make a comic film worthy of everything that makes an amazing movie, not to rest on the gimmick conception of comic movies like what we have now.
    X2 just became more of a blessing than I thought, if I was to accept the next wave of X-Men movies will be goofy and will spend time on special effects.

The Fox franchise definitely liked saving money on action scenes/special effects
    Saving money on action scenes/special effects because telling a story first driven by compelling characters mattered and are more important. You do this. you have amazing movies. it's not something box office can give you.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 10-30-2018 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not really a problem my whole point is to show how much money they can make so selling it off to Netflix or Hulu wouldn't be in there best deal.

Since everybody watches Netflix now, imagine if this is actually a good movie? News travel fast. If this movie is not good at all. it will be best not to release it on Netflix or hulu. Logan will remain the perfect goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The imagination for film makers in X2 was to make a comic film worthy of everything that makes an amazing movie, not to rest on the gimmick conception of comic movies like what we have now.
    X2 just became more of a blessing than I thought, if I was to accept the next wave of X-Men movies will be goofy and will spend time on special effects.

Saving money on action scenes/special effects because telling a story first driven by compelling characters mattered and are more important. You do this. you have amazing movies. it's not something box office can give you.
    Last Stand, Origins, and Apocalypse are amazing movies?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There is an irony they dragged their feet so long Singer left than rushed it.
    I thought the story was that Singer offered to do it after he finished with Superman Returns, but Fox was dead-set on going on without him. After he left, they had added motivation to rush it so they could beat Superman Returns to theatres because pettiness.

Could be wrong about all that, though.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I thought the story was that Singer offered to do it after he finished with Superman Returns, but Fox was dead-set on going on without him. After he left, they had added motivation to rush it so they could beat Superman Returns to theatres because pettiness.

Could be wrong about all that, though.
    Rothman dragged his feet with both X-Men sequels in the original trilogy. So Singer went off to do Superman Returns when offered and yeah than the peeing contest starter with Fox. I find ironic Rothman would drag his feet until pettiness became a factor.

Jessica Chastain's character name has changed once again in the latest screening.
    Kinberg is a mess.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Jessica Chastain's character name has changed once again in the latest screening.
    Kinberg is a mess.
    Wouldn’t this be the first time?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Kinberg is a mess.
    I didn't even think we knew what it was to being with? Yeah, they called her "Smith," but I'm 100% positive that was a placeholder.

He may have changed it, but how would any of us know since it's never gone public?
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Since everybody watches Netflix now, imagine if this is actually a good movie? News travel fast. If this movie is not good at all. it will be best not to release it on Netflix or hulu. Logan will remain the perfect goodbye.
    I just don't see it happening.

Last Stand, Origins, and Apocalypse are amazing movies?
    In my opinion there's nothing really that worng with apocalypse as for XLS and origins they are far from perfect but come on it's not like every MCU movie is gone with the wind.
    Last edited by choptop; 10-30-2018 at 09:36 PM.

BANNED

New account, same posts huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    New account, same posts huh?
    Are you talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In my opinion there's nothing really that worng with apocalypse as for XLS and origins they are far from perfect but come on it's not like every MCU movie is gone with the wind.
    See its not always MCU vs every other superhero film I consider very few superhero films in general "Amazing" hence why I'd never call them it. To me an Amazing film is either two things something never scene before on film or something that has you asking questions and seeing things in a different light once seeing the film. Now while I love the message X-Men teaches kids but racism is bad isn't that deep of a concept to grasp and done better in other films about actual real minorities and not a superhero allegory.

The MCU to me is like old school Bond Films fun and entertaining a few great films like On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Winter Soldier and many good movies with a few mediocre movies. I don't hate any of the MCU or Bond movies the Fox X-Men have films that are bad namely Last Stand and Origins while Apocalypse is Mediocre much like Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark World are mediocre. I don't find any of them amazing are some important moments in the evolution of the comic book film medium sure IMO it goes Superman 78, Batman 89, X-Men 00, Spider-Man 02, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Avengers 2012, & Wonder Woman when discussing the evolution of Superhero Films because each one of those films did something to change the medium but I don't consider all great films let alone amazing.

See its not always MCU vs every other superhero film I consider very few superhero films in general "Amazing" hence why I'd never call them it. To me an Amazing film is either two things something never scene before on film or something that has you asking questions and seeing things in a different light once seeing the film. Now while I love the message X-Men teaches kids but racism is bad isn't that deep of a concept to grasp and done better in other films about actual real minorities and not a superhero allegory.

The MCU to me is like old school Bond Films fun and entertaining a few great films like On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Winter Soldier and many good movies with a few mediocre movies. I don't hate any of the MCU or Bond movies the Fox X-Men have films that are bad namely Last Stand and Origins while Apocalypse is Mediocre much like Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark World are mediocre. I don't find any of them amazing are some important moments in the evolution of the comic book film medium sure IMO it goes Superman 78, Batman 89, X-Men 00, Spider-Man 02, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Avengers 2012, & Wonder Woman when discussing the evolution of Superhero Films because each one of those films did something to change the medium but I don't consider all great films let alone amazing.
    I understand what your saying and agree in part but it really is MCU VS all other CBM right now because they are considered the gold standard at least in till the next big thing comes along maybe bloodshot?