Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Again though. It makes those social issues a farce when you could literally just throw everyone on a ship then create Mutopia on a terraformed world.

Earth isn’t exactly an interstellar hub in the MCU. The planet seems more like “the frontier” as far as cosmic MCU is concerned.

That said, IMHO the Shi’ar still suck.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Related query: why do people get so bent outta shape thinking about the timeline for the main X-Films? It's a split timeline.

The original timeline: X-Men: First Class > X-Men Origins: Wolverine > X-Men Trilogy > The Wolverine > Days of Future Past (future portion)

New series: X-Men: First Class > Days of Future Past (past portion) > X-Men Apocalypse > Dark Phoenix

The only ones that don't directly "fit" are the Deapdool movies, which do their own thing, and Logan, which, if I bother to try and connect it at all, goes more with the original timeline (post-DoFP, I presume) than the new timeline.

It's no more complicated than Back to the Future Part II. Maybe more people would get it if they paused DoFP and had Christopher Lloyd exposit to them. Or even Spock (ala Star Trek '09).
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Related query: why do people get so bent outta shape thinking about the timeline for the main X-Films? It's a split timeline.

The original timeline: X-Men: First Class > X-Men Origins: Wolverine > X-Men Trilogy > The Wolverine > Days of Future Past (future portion)

New series: X-Men: First Class > Days of Future Past (past portion) > X-Men Apocalypse > Dark Phoenix

The only ones that don't directly "fit" are the Deapdool movies, which do their own thing, and Logan, which, if I bother to try and connect it at all, goes more with the original timeline (post-DoFP, I presume) than the new timeline.

It's no more complicated than Back to the Future Part II. Maybe more people would get it if they paused DoFP and had Christopher Lloyd exposit to them. Or even Spock (ala Star Trek '09).
    Wolverine Origins up to Logan leaving Weapon-X in 1973 would still be canon in the new timeline.

But the timeline was fine until Apocalypse and now Dark Phoenix due to characters like Xavier, Beast, Quicksilver, Havok, and Magneto not aging. Mystique gets an out for being a shapeshifter and the tried to make Moria look a little older in Apocalypse but the rest are just WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wolverine Origins up to Logan leaving Weapon-X in 1973 would still be canon in the new timeline.

But the timeline was fine until Apocalypse and now Dark Phoenix due to characters like Xavier, Beast, Quicksilver, Havok, and Magneto not aging. Mystique gets an out for being a shapeshifter and the tried to make Moria look a little older in Apocalypse but the rest are just WTF.
    I'm not sure I follow your first sentence. Weapon X still happens in the new timeline, yes, but it doesn't happen how Origins showed it (Wolverine and Sabretooth aren't recruited by Stryker in Vietnam for Team X, the circumstances of the escape are different, etc.), hence why I don't count it as part of the new timeline.

As for the aging thing, I think it's a bit of an overblown nitpick. I can see why people might be thrown off by it a little, but I've never seen a legitimate review of the past two X-movies that cited the lack of aging as a genuine negative. It's mentioned, but I'd be shocked it people genuinely didn't like either movie because of it.

I'm not sure I follow your first sentence. Weapon X still happens in the new timeline, yes, but it doesn't happen how Origins showed it (Wolverine and Sabretooth aren't recruited by Stryker in Vietnam for Team X, the circumstances of the escape are different, etc.), hence why I don't count it as part of the new timeline.

As for the aging thing, I think it's a bit of an overblown nitpick. I can see why people might be thrown off by it a little, but I've never seen a legitimate review of the past two X-movies that cited the lack of aging as a genuine negative. It's mentioned, but I'd be shocked it people genuinely didn't like either movie because of it.
    The three mile island ending happened in 1979 Logan left Stryker and Weapon-X in 6 years earlier in 73 DOFP took place in 1974 everything prior to 1974 would still be canon because the timeline didn't change until 1974. So Logan would had joined Weapon-X with Victor in Nam and gone in the mission in Africa with Victor, Agent Zero, Blob, Wraith, and Wade and left Weapon-X like seen in origins.

As for reviewers many accept the XCU timeline is bonkers and as Campea says Continuity Shamantinuity when it comes to the Fox X-Men. But fans discuss things and yeah it's ridiculous I mean in the Dark Phoenix trailer Xavier, Beast, and Magneto look barely any older than they did in 1962.

The three mile island ending happened in 1979 Logan left Stryker and Weapon-X in 6 years earlier in 73 DOFP took place in 1974 everything prior to 1974 would still be canon because the timeline didn't change until 1974. So Logan would had joined Weapon-X with Victor in Nam and gone in the mission in Africa with Victor, Agent Zero, Blob, Wraith, and Wade and left Weapon-X like seen in origins.
    DoFP took place in 1973, which means that the majority of Wolverine's backstory still happened; however, the Stryker stuff simply didn't happen in the new timeline like it did in the old. If it did, Stryker would've known who Logan was when the two crossed paths in Paris (as Stryker would've had to have recruited Logan and Creed prior to that point since they were actively recruited in Vietnam). That, combined with the escape being altered, etc., leads me to wipe Origins from the new timeline's canon.

Apologies if that's obtuse or doesn't make sense!

DoFP took place in 1973, which means that the majority of Wolverine's backstory still happened; however, the Stryker stuff simply didn't happen in the new timeline like it did in the old. If it did, Stryker would've known who Logan was when the two crossed paths in Paris (as Stryker would've had to have recruited Logan and Creed prior to that point since they were actively recruited in Vietnam). That, combined with the escape being altered, etc., leads me to wipe Origins from the new timeline's canon.

Well if you're right it's another case of bad continuity given Logan and Victor joined Weapon-X prior to 1973 so either the he left prior to DOFP or you're proving how much of a mess that timeline really is.

Well if you're right it's another case of bad continuity given Logan and Victor joined Weapon-X prior to 1973 so either the he left prior to DOFP or you're proving how much of a mess that timeline really is.
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think your average person would complain too much about ignoring Origins in the new timeline. I certainly wouldn't, but that could just be me.

I think realistically its just an attempt to sweep Origins under the rug and ignore it since its generally considered the worst in the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

There isn’t really strong evidence saying he didn’t know who Logan was. The original ending to that movie was him fishing him out of the lake, meaning he knew Logan wouldn’t drown and was aware of his healing factor.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 03-04-2019 at 11:20 AM.

so are there going to be action figures based on the new movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I remember seeing some.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I sure Hope so, but I want really good molds/paint job!

TV spot.