Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    LMAO.

NO, not a subjective "opinion" at all; a guy watched the movie in advance and spoiled it sequence by sequence on the Superhero Hype forum. He has been extremely detailed about every sequence in the movie and all members of the forum know he is a reliable "inside" guy.

Cyclops in DP will be 100% badass.

Said that, well, only a TV SERIES can give proper character arc and depth to a TEAM --- see DOOM PATROL. That is true even for the Avengers.
    I have read a lot of spoilers(including Superhero hype forum stuff) and I have seen nothing that confirms that Cyclops will be 100 % Badass. In fact the primary enemy/enemies in the film make 100% sure that Cyclops has to hold back and that all I am saying without spoiling stuff other people. The things I have read leads to believe Cyclops is better represented than has been other movies but put in context one of people who saw the movie in thread mention that Beast has about screen time as Cyclops. So yeah it is subjective wait if the masses agree that Cyclops is done well in the movie.

No not only a TV series can give proper depth to character, A series of movies can give proper depth to characters and depth to a team. A series of 7 movies should do that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    and I have seen nothing that confirms that Cyclops will be 100 % Badass.
    Ice Kid, the guy on Superhero Hype, confirmed this repeatly. He is badass. He is the lead character. He is pivotal. And there's no Wolverine around this time.

So we got a competent Cyclops on at least 4 movies:

X1
    X2
    Apocalypse - not a leader, but on his way to become an X-Man.
    Dark Phoenix

When the X-Men movies debuted, superhero franchises done properly were a novelty. Modern TV series didn't exist, pre-LOST world.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Ice Kid, the guy on Superhero Hype, confirmed this repeatly. He is badass. He is the lead character. He is pivotal. And there's no Wolverine around this time.

So we got a competent Cyclops on at least 4 movies:

X1
    X2
    Apocalypse - not a leader, but on his way to become an X-Man.
    Dark Phoenix

When the X-Men movies debuted, superhero franchises done properly were a novelty. Modern TV series didn't exist, pre-LOST world.
    This is a kinda of wasted convo even the most rabid Fox men fans don't have that view of Cyclops in the movies but to each their own .

PS I read what said by Icekid said and you are being a little generous describing it but we will see when the movie comes out.

BANNED

Pre-face: I'm working under the assumption that only "teens rebels" who love going to the mall think that "teen rebels" who love going to the mall are "badass", but...

Cyclops has not been "badass" in any X-Movie. There were hints of that in X1, but X2 and X3 canceled that out. Origins and Apocalypse can be be excused as "Cyclops is young and untrained", so those are effectively neutral.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Pre-face: I'm working under the assumption that only "teens rebels" who love going to the mall think that "teen rebels" who love going to the mall are "badass", but...

Cyclops has not been "badass" in any X-Movie. There were hints of that in X1, but X2 and X3 canceled that out. Origins and Apocalypse can be be excused as "Cyclops is young and untrained", so those are effectively neutral.
    I think, those of us that are rational on this subject, are largely in agreement. There are maybe 4-6 individuals in the world who would disagree and one of them seems to have found this thread.

I don't care if Cyclops looks "Badass" or not in Dark Phoenix I'm not 14 I want Jean and Scott to have moments like the Butte Scene and I want their psychic rapport and Scott on the Astral Plane severing as her tether to sanity and the world.

I'm still confused how something is a subjective fact because some guy spoiled a movie on another forum and said a character was badass. If hes 100% telling the truth that's his subjective opinion and by no means a fact. And anything can sound badass on paper untill you see it. And from what the trailers have shown Cyclops just looks whiney.

But then again Whiney is a step up from the non character he was in X1 and X2. Just a prop there to be a dick so we liked Wolverine better.

To be fair though, was Cyclops really that badass in the comics until Grant Morrison's run?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    To be fair though, was Cyclops really that badass in the comics until Grant Morrison's run?
    To me he had moments honestly I love most of Morrison's work but in the minority hate most of what he did on X-Men with turning the School back into a school the only thing I liked.

BANNED

I don't need Cyclops to be "badass". I'll settle for him just having some degree of importance. Let's start there.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm still confused how something is a subjective fact because some guy spoiled a movie on another forum and said a character was badass. If hes 100% telling the truth that's his subjective opinion and by no means a fact. And anything can sound badass on paper untill you see it. And from what the trailers have shown Cyclops just looks whiney.

But then again Whiney is a step up from the non character he was in X1 and X2. Just a prop there to be a dick so we liked Wolverine better.
    He wasn't even a dick. I don't know where people get this from. He didn't do a single dickish thing in the entire trilogy.

Heck yeah he was! Do people have not actually read anything or is it that whenever Cyke does something cool, its memory get blocked or something?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Heck yeah he was! Do people have not actually read anything or is it that whenever Cyke does something cool, its memory get blocked or something?
    I never understood the entire "Cyclops is lame" line of thinking. The guy's taken on whole teams of X-Men by himself and held his own. He's got chops.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    He wasn't even a dick. I don't know where people get this from. He didn't do a single dickish thing in the entire trilogy.
    Your saying he wasnt a dick to Wolverine at all? Wolverine dickishness is in response to the snooty way Cyclops treats him. If they actually developed the character you could say he was rightfully stand offish about Wolverine because hes protective of his team. Instead hes just a punching bag for Wolverine Jokes and the Jelous boy friend.

Comics Cyclops I love, I always felt like he was a way more human version of CAPTAIN America in the way worked and interacted with his Team. Caps the gold standard imo in field Generals but I'd put Cyclops right behind him. Cyclops also could be a little patronizing like Cap but he was never whiney. A dick sometimes sure but there was always more to the character so you understood why he was a dick.

Honestly I find Cyclops to be a more impressive leader then most because leading the Avengers is one thing but imagine leading a X-team. Depending on the roster you might have Loners who dont listein, or just straight up kids with no experience. The Avengers are all heroes in they're own right. They know what to do cap just inspires,leads by example and calls the plays. Cyclops got a much tougher job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I never understood the entire "Cyclops is lame" line of thinking. The guy's taken on whole teams of X-Men by himself and held his own. He's got chops.
    I think the 90s is what neutered him because the post-Claremont writers couldn't get a good handle on him, despite trying everything that acknowledged his presence in the X-verse: the historic wedding with Jean, his leadership of the greater Marvel U in Onslaught, etc, retconning Cable to be his son, etc. Especially since his square jaw heroism didn't fit with all the grim n grittiness going on at the time. Getting rid of him in the late 90s also greatly hurt.

But even then, he was still doing things like leading a rebellion against Apocalypse thousands of years into the future (which is grim n gritty in a Heavy Metal kind of way) and having a bomb strapped to his heart, so he wasn't without his moments. The first two episodes of the cartoon even had him as the most effective X-Man against the Sentinels when Rogue, Gambit, and even Wolverine failed.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-15-2019 at 02:13 PM.