Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Pre-face: I'm working under the assumption that only "teens rebels" who love going to the mall think that "teen rebels" who love going to the mall are "badass", but...

Cyclops has not been "badass" in any X-Movie. There were hints of that in X1, but X2 and X3 canceled that out. Origins and Apocalypse can be be excused as "Cyclops is young and untrained", so those are effectively neutral.
    1- LOL, I'm not a teen rebel. I love malls anyway.
    Rewatch the movie. It's not about going to the mall. It's about going out without Xavier's consent and having fun. That's it. Oh well... usual X-Men movie-bashing for the sake of it.

2- I disagree. For what it matters. You don't like the Fox franchise. It's okay. It's over anyway. It's the last movie. Are you happy? I'm not happy. They are adult, bleak and brilliant superhero movies. I will miss that...
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-15-2019 at 05:06 PM.

BANNED

I think if DP makes a tone of money, Disney might order another movie. Money talks and bs walks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I think if DP makes a tone of money, Disney might order another movie. Money talks and bs walks
    Not gonna happen. Too many dark forces and angry "fans" working against these terrific movies.

We'll see what Disney will come up with in 2025. Good luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    1- LOL, I'm not a teen rebel. I love malls anyway.
    Rewatch the movie. It's not about going to the mall. It's about going out without Xavier's consent and having fun. That's it. Oh well... usual X-Men movie-bashing for the sake of it.

2- I disagree. For what it matters. You don't like the Fox franchise. It's okay. It's over anyway. It's the last movie. Are you happy? I'm not happy. They are adult, bleak and brilliant superhero movies. I will miss that...
    “Going without Xavier’s consent”? Are the kids supposed to be prisoners?

And I like quite a few of th Fox X-Men movies. But I don’t pretend that they’re something they’re not, either.

Not gonna happen and it's not gonna make a ton of money. Atleast not compared to current MCU movies.

Deadpool is all they got that warrants being left alone.

if by some miracle the film made well over $1 billion there would be executives talking about doing a few more films in that universe. However, there would also be others arguing to let the franchises rest for a little bit, so they can reboot them into the MCU.

Honestly, I don't think you could merge the Avengers Universe into the X-men Universe as they both stand now. There would likely be some sort of reset or reboot in a number of years to give the creatives enough time to work it all out.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Your saying he wasnt a dick to Wolverine at all? Wolverine dickishness is in response to the snooty way Cyclops treats him. If they actually developed the character you could say he was rightfully stand offish about Wolverine because hes protective of his team. Instead hes just a punching bag for Wolverine Jokes and the Jelous boy friend.
    Wolverine's dickishness is in response to the snooty way Cyclops treats him?! What?! Here's the first proper meeting between these two:

Where is the snooty attitude? Scott is perfectly civil here. Way more than Wolverine deserves at this point. Logan makes fun of their codenames(even though he's literally named after an animal), then makes fun of a guy being in a wheelchair, then threatens Scott who saved his life.

He openly hits on Jean throughout the movie. Has no respect for authority whatsoever. Steals Scott's bike, twice. Please remind me Scott behaviour that is quarter as bad as Logan's. If anything, I'd say he's not retaliating enough. Scott's [whatever little he has] standoffish behaviour is absolutely justified. But because the movie is obviously on Wolverine's side, audience are too.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wolverine's dickishness is in response to the snooty way Cyclops treats him?! What?! Here's the first proper meeting between these two:

Where is the snooty attitude? Scott is perfectly civil here. Way more than Wolverine deserves at this point. Logan makes fun of their codenames(even though he's literally named after an animal), then makes fun of a guy being in a wheelchair, then threatens Scott who saved his life.

He openly hits on Jean throughout the movie. Has no respect for authority whatsoever. Steals Scott's bike, twice. Please remind me Scott behaviour that is quarter as bad as Logan's. If anything, I'd say he's not retaliating enough. Scott's [whatever little he has] standoffish behaviour is absolutely justified. But because the movie is obviously on Wolverine's side, audience are too.
    And Wolverine then warms up to most every character except Cyclops. Who is uptight and snooty. I'm not saying Cyclops doesnt have reason to be like that to Wolverine, everyone does. Wolverines an ******* of the highest order. But his character is developed and you understand him. Cyclops much like the scene you just posted is kinda just there. And again he has a reason to be the jelous boy friend except the movies do nothing to develop him and make us give a crap how Jean's attraction to Woverine is making him feel. The only likable thing he does is as they go on he starts taking Wolverines jokes with a sense of humor. Havent watched in a long time but instead of being a a walking statue I'm pretty sure he laughs when Wolverine flips him off with his claws.

Havebto watch it again maybe your right maybe its more the film and us being on logans side that makes us think Cyke was a dick, instead of his actual actions. But honestly that would be worse being a dick was the only memorable thing about him in those movies. If he actually wasnt then I guess he was just kinda there

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But because the movie is obviously on Wolverine's side, audience are too.
    Cyclops feels like rich prep school boyfriend who is the villain is gazillion stuff we have seen before. Both Wolverine and Cyclops come off as dicks but Wolverine comes off as the lovable dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    And Wolverine then warms up to most every character except Cyclops. Who is uptight and snooty. I'm not saying Cyclops doesnt have reason to be like that to Wolverine, everyone does. Wolverines an ******* of the highest order. But his character is developed and you understand him. Cyclops much like the scene you just posted is kinda just there. And again he has a reason to be the jelous boy friend except the movies do nothing to develop him and make us give a crap how Jean's attraction to Woverine is making him feel. The only likable thing he does is as they go on he starts taking Wolverines jokes with a sense of humor. Havent watched in a long time but instead of being a a walking statue I'm pretty sure he laughs when Wolverine flips him off with his claws.

Havebto watch it again maybe your right maybe its more the film and us being on logans side that makes us think Cyke was a dick, instead of his actual actions. But honestly that would be worse being a dick was the only memorable thing about him in those movies. If he actually wasnt then I guess he was just kinda there
    I'm quite certain that's exactly what he was. Just there. But he wasn't a dick. He's a bit uptight at worst. None of his actions warrants labeling him a dick. He isn't even that jealous of a boyfriend. Frankly, he trusted Jean more than she deserved from the way she behaved in X2 and X3.

There is also no real reason for the rest of the cast to really "warm up" to Logan. It happens because, again, the movies are on Logan's side and most of the stuff has been told from his perspective. I really don't see any reason why Storm would like him. He should be just a tolerable teammate to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Not gonna happen. Too many dark forces and angry "fans" working against these terrific movies.

We'll see what Disney will come up with in 2025. Good luck.
    That’s true, but never say never

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    So are Jean and Mags working together in the movie or just practicing posing here?

I like this trailer