Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Here's my head cannon- the Phoenix was the ultimate expression of Jean's power, and was always a part of her. This space entity is a parasite or symbiote that takes that and uses it as a cover so that it can more easily bond with Jean. Jessica Chastain will probably be the voice of the entity, appearing to Jean in a physical form but being all in her head.
    The first two assumptions (out of 3) are correct.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I hope they address the wonky timeline in this one since it's absolutely gonna be the last one they do with this iteration. Even if it's a joke, I want them to at least point out how ridiculous it all is that nobody ages at all.
    I think at this point it's canon to think Fox cinematic mutants age slower and better than humans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I think at this point it's canon to think Fox cinematic mutants age slower and better than humans.
    With that logic, it’s also “canon to think” that mutants suddenly express an extreme aging effect in the late 90’s, some more so than others.

I.E. there is no “canon” regarding this issue. That’s not how “canon” works.

Moira's a Mutant now also?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    What were the screening scores then? I know one of the alleged test screenings was made-up.
    The we have reputable reports saying that movie especially the ending didn't screen well. We have Simon Kinberg saying the reshoots were to touch up the third act. So it pretty much matches up and what made reports of the movie not being very good believable is that they reported on Mystique dying ,The space mission where they get the Phoenix, and Jessica Chastain character being an alien. I knew about this stuff for months now because I saw the spoilers way back then. So one of the people who leak that DP was garbage gave accurate information of what happened in the movie. With everything you want to see for yourself but there is enough info to believe somethings reported on.

More on topic my guess for the Jessica Chastain character is DeathBird just based on them "foxing up the X-men mythos" casual putting "Selene" with Magneto. They have been holding like it is the biggest surprise but the Shiar are pretty the only Aliens that matter in the X-universe and they are relevant to Phoenix story. I don't understand why they would release that Mystique dies and not hold like they are doing with with villain reveal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    With that logic, it’s also “canon to think” that mutants suddenly express an extreme aging effect in the late 90’s, some more so than others.

I.E. there is no “canon” regarding this issue. That’s not how “canon” works.
    We already experienced our favourite X-Men in the positive, altered future of 2023, and they looked mature but not old.
    What you see on-screen is 100% canon, no matter what. The creature goes beyond its creators.

Comic books are also plenty of incongruences. Colossus in the seventies and eighties looked 28/33 years old, and they pretended that he was a teenager or a boy LMAO. I never bought the notion that the "second generation" of X-Men were in their 20s. Never. It's stupid. They look mature, adult, experienced and mysterious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Moira's a Mutant now also?
    She is an absolute exception, and it was addressed in-universe in "Apocalypse" under the guise of a joke.
    SAID THAT, she was supposed to be 50 in "Apocalypse". Good genes help a lot.

She is an absolute exception, and it was addressed in-universe in "Apocalypse" under the guise of a joke.
    SAID THAT, she was supposed to be 50 in "Apocalypse". Good genes help a lot.
    Stryker, Quicksilver's mom, a lot of exceptions and good genes especially for Quicksilver's mom who was a drinker because usually booze ages you.

new pic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Stryker, Quicksilver's mom, a lot of exceptions and good genes especially for Quicksilver's mom who was a drinker because usually booze ages you.
    Stryker just aged 10 years in 1983. No big deal. As well as Quickie's mom. If you're just an hater of these movies, well, think what you want, it can be easily debunked. See the comics. LMAO.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-19-2019 at 05:39 AM.

BANNED

The issues with the sliding timeline in Marvel comics has been discussed ad nauseam. And, correct me if I’m wrong, there hasn’t been an in-universe explanation. There are canonical stories about de-aging certain “problematic” characters; interestingly one of those being Magneto.

But this is a thread about the movies.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 04-19-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

And Rose Byrne. Who is not a mutant.

Stryker just aged 10 years in 1983. No big deal. As well as Quickie's mom. If you're just an hater of these movies, well, think what you want, it can be easily debunked. See the comics. LMAO.
    The comics use a sliding timeline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And Rose Byrne. Who is not a mutant.
    Good genes like Terence Hill, Michelle Pfeiffer, Daryl Hannah and so on.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Everybody has good genes! Except the people who don’t!! Cause reasons!!!