Page 58 of 105 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Everybody has good genes! Except the people who don’t!! Cause reasons!!!
    How do you look like? Young? Old? Be honest. LMAO.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    The issues with the sliding timeline in Marvel comics has been discussed ad nauseam. And, correct me if I’m wrong, there hasn’t been an in-universe explanation. There are canonical stories about de-aging certain “problematic” characters; interestingly one of those being Magneto.

But this is a thread about the movies.
    There was an explanation given a few years ago about reality warping stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Hmm. I've had a very different experience. I can't think of a single moment in an MCU film where I had to remember something from a previous film in order for the current one to make any sense.
    The most recent for me was the Kree in Captain Marvel, two days after watching CM, I saw the first GOTG again on tv. And there was the same Kree, which I didn’t remember while watching CM. GOTG was five years ago.
    One good thing about FoXMen was that they didn’t care about timelines or dropping Easter Eggs that will show up five years later.

Dark Phoenix will have very little connection with Apocalypse.
    Last edited by luprki; 04-19-2019 at 01:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    There was an explanation given a few years ago about reality warping stuff.
    Care to PM me details?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The most recent for me was the Kree in Captain Marvel, two days after watching CM, I saw the first GOTG again on tv. And there was the same Kree, which I didn’t remember while watching CM. GOTG was five years ago.
    One good thing about FoXMen was that they didn’t care about timelines or dropping Easter Eggs that will show up five years later.

Dark Phoenix will have very little connection with Apocalypse.
    Nah you’re right. The X-Men movies never referenced Magneto’s Holocaust origins after the first film.

And Brian Singer didn’t state that there were hints of Jean going Phoenix in the first film, either.

BANNED

Nah you’re right. The X-Men movies never referenced Magneto’s Holocaust origins after the first film.

And Brian Singer didn’t state that there were hints of Jean going Phoenix in the first film, either.

1- His origins are referenced in "First Class" as well as "Apocalypse". I would say heavily.

2- Yeah, but there are strong and cool hints, as well as power display, in X2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    To be fair, you said something like having to remember something from a film in a different franchise five years ago, but this doesn't seem like something you have to remember. Someone who had never seen GotG would not be lost by the appearance of the Kree in Captain Marvel. The films just aren't that importantly connected. Someone who does know the connections can smile knowingly about it, and perhaps expound on it to their friends over beers, but you don't have to have seen both films to enjoy either of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    1- His origins are referenced in "First Class" as well as "Apocalypse". I would say heavily.

2- Yeah, but there are strong and cool hints, as well as power display, in X2.
    I see you don’t see what I was doing.

BANNED

I see you don’t see what I was doing.
    Yeah, maybe you were ironic. Keep in mind, English is not my first language

This made me realize something...Why wasn’t there ever a fight between the X-Men and Phoenix in The Last Stand?

BANNED

This made me realize something...Why wasn’t there ever a fight between the X-Men and Phoenix in The Last Stand?
    Because The Last Stand was a ridiculous movie?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

How do you look like? Young? Old? Be honest. LMAO.
    Apparently I look young
    They didn’t have anybody left that could fight the Phoenix. Scott died and Halle Berry was pregnant so all they had left was a bunch of people that can punch and kick people really hard (plus Bobby). Which doesn’t really work well when the big bad has a AOE that severely burns whoever comes near them. The best they could do is what we got.

NO mental blocks this time. Timeline 3 Xavier (Post-DOFP) absorbed the Timeline 2 memories (First Class, Pre-DOFP) of Wolverine in 1973, so he knows that mental blocks are VERY bad for Jean Grey and make her develop an alternate personality.
    That's one of the reasons why Xavier makes her unleash her mutant power in "Apocalypse", no matter what.
    Then, Xavier teached Jean to control her power in the following years (1983-1992). She's a perfect "Phoenix", until she fused with the Space Force and they became one.
    The Space Force is an universal entity and is the central plotpoint between the X-Men and the Aliens. It's not a "thrown-away concept", it's a pivotal element in the story. The Aliens want the Force...
    You dont realize how convoluted that sounds? I get that past storys have written them into this corner but the continuity is a mess so why not pretend Apocayplse phoenix didnt happen and just do a proper Phoenix story.

No mental Blocks? Didnt the first trailer hint AT Xavier blocking certain memories of Jean's parents dying and other stuff and everyone pissed at him. Mostly Beast and Magneto.its a trailer could be misleading but the first trailer made me think he had altered her memories about things. Making you forget killing your parents is a mental block

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You dont realize how convoluted that sounds? I get that past storys have written them into this corner but the continuity is a mess so why not pretend Apocayplse phoenix didnt happen and just do a proper Phoenix story.
    They do explain it in the movie and it’s the exact same as in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They didn’t have anybody left that could fight the Phoenix. Scott died and Halle Berry was pregnant so all they had left was a bunch of people that can punch and kick people really hard (plus Bobby). Which doesn’t really work well when the big bad has a AOE that severely burns whoever comes near them. The best they could do is what we got.
    Jean was far more powerful in the comic version and yet there was still a battle. Jean in this movie has the power of an alien entity that appears to be eating a star in the final trailer. They could have easily written that Jean was holding back like in those versions. There really isn’t any excuse.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-19-2019 at 10:27 PM.