Page 6 of 104 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1550

Thread: Dark Phoenix

  1. #76
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Are you talking to me?
    Sorry, I am not. Referring to the other poster.

  2. #77
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Jessica’s character seems like a mix of Erik the Red. Btw, what happened to that character?

  3. #78

    Default

    so now, when is the next trailer-- May?

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so now, when is the next trailer-- May?
    I don't know.

    But I need one before April. That is such a long time away for a movie that is basically ready now.

  5. #80
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so now, when is the next trailer-- May?
    I don't think they'd wait for that long. January-February I'd say. March at latest.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  6. #81
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Jessica’s character is supposedly grey skinned and a telepath.

    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/oracle/4005-6093/images/

  7. #82
    Fantastic Member MaddieGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Jessica’s character is supposedly grey skinned and a telepath.

    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/oracle/4005-6093/images/
    Sorry, but based on what? Link?

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Sorry, but based on what? Link?
    Kinberg said that she is filling in for Mastermind, so would that character be the perfect replacement seeing as Oracle is a telepath.

    I don’t her character is a shapeshifter in the same vain as Mystique. Mastermind used his illusions to change his form as well.
    Last edited by The Shape; 11-07-2018 at 08:10 AM.

  9. #84
    Still flying
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Curious question, with the whole Disney and Fox thing, how would you feel if they ended this movie with them all turning to dust (because of Thanos' finger snap) showing that they were part of a different universe but still effected by Thanos and then the MCU reboot of X-Men happens (This will also help moving Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool to the MCU)?

  10. #85
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DjMichael691 View Post
    Curious question, with the whole Disney and Fox thing, how would you feel if they ended this movie with them all turning to dust (because of Thanos' finger snap) showing that they were part of a different universe but still effected by Thanos and then the MCU reboot of X-Men happens (This will also help moving Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool to the MCU)?
    Kevin Feige recently said it wouldn’t affect them.

  11. #86
    Fantastic Member Marvelgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I thought the story was that Singer offered to do it after he finished with Superman Returns, but Fox was dead-set on going on without him. After he left, they had added motivation to rush it so they could beat Superman Returns to theatres because pettiness.

    Could be wrong about all that, though.
    Singer was a bigger Superman fan, it was a golden opportunity for him to make a movie about his childhood hero. After 2 X-Men movies, he wanted something new. I am not sure there was ever A Superman Returns vs X-Men 3 Rivalry from the studios though.

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Singer was a bigger Superman fan, it was a golden opportunity for him to make a movie about his childhood hero. After 2 X-Men movies, he wanted something new. I am not sure there was ever A Superman Returns vs X-Men 3 Rivalry from the studios though.
    Rothman dragged his feet with both X2 and Last Stand Singer had plans for X-Men 3 I remember seeing Juggernaut and Emma Frost concept art at the time. But when Superman was offered to Singer who was allowed to reboot and connect his Superman film to Donner's Superman and Superman II he jumped at it and ironically then once with Singer leaving Rothman fast tracked Last Stand.

    List of the many times Rothman made bonehead decisions many involved the Marvel Properties at Fox
    https://letterboxd.com/johntyler/lis...gement/detail/

    Remember under his watch yeah we got X2, X-Men, and First Class but we also got Last Stand, Origins, the FF movies, Daredevil, and Elektra.

  13. #88
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kinberg said that she is filling in for Mastermind, so would that character be the perfect replacement seeing as Oracle is a telepath.

    I don’t her character is a shapeshifter in the same vain as Mystique. Mastermind used his illusions to change his form as well.
    Also Oracle is mentioned to be an albino looking woman in Dark Phoenix. Jessica’s character is an albino.

    Last edited by The Shape; 11-07-2018 at 09:48 AM.

  14. #89
    Fantastic Member MaddieGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Kinberg said that she is filling in for Mastermind, so would that character be the perfect replacement seeing as Oracle is a telepath.

    I don’t her character is a shapeshifter in the same vain as Mystique. Mastermind used his illusions to change his form as well.
    So....wild speculation? I can dig it.

    Hopefully, they (Fox/Kinberg) will put out new info soon.

  15. #90
    Fantastic Member Marvelgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    So....wild speculation? I can dig it.

    Hopefully, they (Fox/Kinberg) will put out new info soon.
    I wonder what the run time for this movie is. Craming all of that into one movie.

    It took X-Men TAS 9 full Episodes to tell the Phoenix story. Kinberg is a person I find selfish (for now). He has never directed anything before, he has a cast of babies outside of Xavier, Magneto, Mystique. Yet he chose to green-lit such an iconic story into a film as a first time director.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 11-08-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •