Page 65 of 105 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Ok cool, thanks.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Anyone else think they're going to make the Chastain character a figment of Jean's imagination? I'm getting major fight club vibes off the trailer. Not as good obviously, but like a knock off version.
    Cassandra Nova. She'll only exist in Jean's head though.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Anyone else think they're going to make the Chastain character a figment of Jean's imagination? I'm getting major fight club vibes off the trailer. Not as good obviously, but like a knock off version.
    If you wanna know the movies plot leaked online. Batkeaton posted her role in a spoiler tag a few pages back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If you wanna know the movies plot leaked online. Batkeaton posted her role in a spoiler tag a few pages back.
    I can't find that? Can you spoiler tag it again or link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I can't find that? Can you spoiler tag it again or link please?
    spoilers:
    From what BatKeaton said sounds like she a mysterious Alien. They kinda just leave her mysterious but establish she is an alien but that's it. Atleast that what he told me IIRC
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Cassandra Nova. She'll only exist in Jean's head though.
    They said she is alien, Jessica Chastain says on Jimmy Fallon interview that she is alien, She also says in the interview that she beats up the some of the X-men possibly kills some that doesn't sound like a invisible character to me . Given that Kinberg thinks that adding a "Selene" character is clever and nod to original story. I still feel that aliens are Shiar and Chastain character is either Deathbird or Lilandra. The aliens being Shiar is in Kinberg mind is getting it "right".

Incredible Member

So 110 minutes to end this all? So much for character development!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    So 110 minutes to end this all? So much for character development!
    Yeah, I like a little longer movie myself.

I feel as though this one will move quickly with the wording and from one scene to the next. That may be fine, but it also may not, with the audience focused on one scene or wording and then they are on to the next too quickly to process everything.

I think the problem with this Dark Phoenix movie -- beyond, for me, the casting for all of kind of all of the characters outside of Charles, Magneto, and Mystique ... no actually, scratch that, even though I'm a generally a fan of her as actor, even have to say I'm not loving Lawrence as Mystique, at this point ... whatever, kind of relates to the central problem, because really everybody else has seemed like supporting characters to Xavier and Magneto, or supporting actors to McAvoy and Fassbender ... which is kind of a problem for a movie centered around Sophie Turner as Jean Grey.

I suppose I'm as much a fan of tv-show Sansa Stark as one can be, and I definitely think Jean is a complex enough character to build an ongoing series around ... but, not such a fan of Turner in the role, and really feel like Jean (and all the rest) have just been supporting characters to the ongoing Xavier/Erik bromance, up to this point. So, having a movie suddenly just about her, and the people who will be most traumatized to see her at risk ... I mean, should be fine I guess, I mean life is random like that, right? But yeah, maybe "random like that" isn't what a Dark Phoenix movie should be? Or "fine"?

Better than sandwiched in with other random plotlines like last time I guess, but still not as epic as it should feel. Not as epic as End Game I guess, because ... unlike with all that went into all the previous movies leading up to End Game, Dark Phoenix just hasn't earned it. Looking back, First Class and Days of Future Past stand up. Apocalypse sucked, and while I didn't hate the first two X-Men movies, First Class was effectively a reboot.

Oh, right ... just recalling, that even focusing on Xavier and Magneto is a switch, because up until Days of Future Past, Hugh Jackman was the star and Wolverine was your central character.

You know, could not really be an X-Men fan if not a fan of Charles and Erik, and really credit McAvoy and Fassbender for filling the roles as the younger versions as well as Stewart and McKellen did the older. But, there's really just no getting around that Jean was mostly a peripheral character through most of the previous movies. Really, everybody was just a supporting character to His Clawed Badness. So now, you're just two movies deep without any trace of him ... kind of no wonder Apocalypse felt hollow, and Dark Phoenix threatens to, as well.

The moral of the story I guess is that even though Wolvie is indisputably the most popular mutant, you shouldn't make the movies as if he's the only one that matters ... unless his are the only stories you ever intend to tell, I guess ...
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

The movie arrives in 1 month!! I am excited and maintain Hope that it will be good. Not perfect, but good with enjoyable moments.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

A couple of days ago the final trailer was at 5.3 millions and now its nearly at 5.5 million. Also have been seeing a lot of people on social media asking where the X-Men/Phoenix was when Thanos attacked Earth.

Seems that the previews at Endgame might help it financially. Like how Venom benefited from having its previews play at Infinity War showings.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-08-2019 at 05:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    A couple of days ago the final trailer was at 5.3 millions and now its nearly at 5.5 million. Also have been seeing a lot of people on social media asking where the X-Men/Phoenix was when Thanos attacked Earth.

Seems that the previews at Endgame might help it financially. Like how Venom benefited from having its previews play at Infinity War showings.
    I'm not up on YouTube viewing statistics, but that number seems...ominous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post

Venom's last trailer came out in July 2018 and Dark Phoenix's came September 2018 and their view difference is 65 closer to 66 million to 18 million. Far From Home's new trailer has 37 million views on the Sony channel and 4.7 million on the Marvel YouTube Channel. Truth is the Spider proprieties have always out performed the X-Men on the big screen going to Raimi's Spider-Man. It's good it's going up but comparing it in hopes to a Spider property is a little unfair.