Page 73 of 105 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Easiest answer is probably Wade. I think it's too soon for any marvel characters
    Not even too soon, but Feige was never gonna want the MCU anywhere near this movie. Disneys probably hoping this movie makes them a little bit of money and then goes away. Wouldnt be surprised if they Dump it on Hulu and dont allow any Non Mcu marvel stuff come out on Disney+. And none of this has anything to do with quality, not shitting on the movie i havent seen it yet. But from a Branding standpoint the MCU is one the biggest out there. At this point Xmens best box office takes are Meh for the MCU. So yea not even a different version of a MCU character gonna appear. Now maybe a Marvel Marvel chatacter who's not in the MCU. Maybe I guess but the franchise is over so I dont see why Marvel would bother putting a character in. Gots to be Wolverine or Deadpool. Or a random Xmen character they wanted to set up for the future that's not gonna happen. Like Mojo or Sinister

I hope they shuffle stuff around. Send Punisher,Blade Moon knight to fox and let them create a Marvel Knights universe around Deadpool. I mean you got fox now might aswell use that brand for all R rated things.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not even too soon, but Feige was never gonna want the MCU anywhere near this movie. Disneys probably hoping this movie makes them a little bit of money and then goes away. Wouldnt be surprised if they Dump it on Hulu and dont allow any Non Mcu marvel stuff come out on Disney+. And none of this has anything to do with quality, not shitting on the movie i havent seen it yet. But from a Branding standpoint the MCU is one the biggest out there. At this point Xmens best box office takes are Meh for the MCU. So yea not even a different version of a MCU character gonna appear. Now maybe a Marvel Marvel chatacter who's not in the MCU. Maybe I guess but the franchise is over so I dont see why Marvel would bother putting a character in. Gots to be Wolverine or Deadpool. Or a random Xmen character they wanted to set up for the future that's not gonna happen. Like Mojo or Sinister

I hope they shuffle stuff around. Send Punisher,Blade Moon knight to fox and let them create a Marvel Knights universe around Deadpool. I mean you got fox now might aswell use that brand for all R rated things.
    Maybe a cameo that sets up the New Mutants film? Even if that one vanishes into the ether, they were still shooting, weren't they?
    Dark does not mean deep.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I really, REALLY hope they don't try to cram any kind of Wolverine, Deadpool or other cameo into this movie. Let it stand on its own, for goodness sake.

As for MCU, the best you could hope for is a plain text screen saying, "The X-Men will return in the Marvel Cinematic Universe" at the very end of the film. Definitely won't be any kind of established characters.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I really, REALLY hope they don't try to cram any kind of Wolverine, Deadpool or other cameo into this movie. Let it stand on its own, for goodness sake.

As for MCU, the best you could hope for is a plain text screen saying, "The X-Men will return in the Marvel Cinematic Universe" at the very end of the film. Definitely won't be any kind of established characters.
    Normally I would agree with not cramming other people into the movie but if this literally is the last FoX X-Men film, then I wouldn't blame them. They're big parts of the franchise, so them being there in the very ending is understandable

BANNED

They're cramming Dazzler in. Shitty, shoe-horned cameos like that have been a hallmark of this series.

See: Gambit. Wolverine. I'm going to stop listing before I want to vomit.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    They're cramming Dazzler in. Shitty, shoe-horned cameos like that have been a hallmark of this series.

See: Gambit. Wolverine. I'm going to stop listing before I want to vomit.
    I actually don't mind a Dazzler cameo for a couple reasons: her presence in the original story and the fact that she'd likely never see the big screen otherwise. Nothing against the character, but I doubt the MCU's gonna put her in their team. I figure they'll go straight to a Giant-Size- or '90s-inspired roster, neither of which featured Dazzler.

I just don't want the nakedly commercial cameos here. I get that they're part of the franchise history, but Deadpool's gonna probably stay as-is with Disney (so his story isn't actually ending), and I want Jackman's last Wolverine appearance to be in Logan.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I actually don't mind a Dazzler cameo for a couple reasons: her presence in the original story and the fact that she'd likely never see the big screen otherwise.
    As creative as Marvel is with their title characters, I could totally see a Dazzler solo film series before a new X-Men series.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    As creative as Marvel is with their title characters, I could totally see a Dazzler solo film series before a new X-Men series.
    She already got an animated series coming to Hulu.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

X-Men: Dark Phoenix | LIVE Red Carpet World Premiere on Marvel Entertainment.

The first RT review calls this “solid enough superhero filler”. Basically its entertaining but not as good as it should be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The first RT review calls this “solid enough superhero filler”. Basically its entertaining but not as good as it should be.
    Also summarized as "entirely missable" end to a 20 year franchise.

BANNED

And without the core sense of these characters’ camaraderie and devotion to her, Dark Phoenix is a soulless retelling of one of the great arcs in comic book lore, and an all-too-fitting whimper of a conclusion to a franchise that never remotely fulfilled its potential

Ouch

10char

That review is gone. I dunno why but I bet it has to do with that person in the comment section telling the reviewer that the source material should not be a major critique.

I was going to left a comment addressing “why don’t the aliens terraform an uninhabitable planet instead of Earth?”. Planets first needs to be in the right position of a star in order to support life, otherwise they would remain uninhabitable.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Also summarized as "entirely missable" end to a 20 year franchise.
    Yeah, because its “filler”.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-04-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... people in their mid-forties and up start referring to even college age people as "kids." It's not that weird.
    Well personally, when you can legally drink, marry, vote and join the army, you are not a kid anymore

Just saw FJ original Jean on red carpet if you're going to get plastic surgery get references 1st.