Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Someone who saw it please post in Spoiler tags who the big Cameo was? If there even was one cause didnt see any mention on reddit. Given the reviews I've seen for this ima give it a couple weeks before I bother going to see it. Maybe iono I'll see it eventually though

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What are you talking about? Expectations for this film were pretty f-ing low.
    Yep, and Fox apparently still managed to drag the movie to below these expectations.

I just hope I’m still alive in a few years time to see Marvel do justice to what should be a cosmic epic.

BANNED

So sad to hear these reviews. I was willing to give them one last chance because i actually liked Apocalupse but i see that i was wrong.
    I am also so fucking pissed at Fox for refusing to learn from their mistakes. An X-3 ALL OVER AGAIN?
    Because of them, i might not be alive to see a proper adaption of the Dark Phoenix. I am already 40 years old, the MCU X-Men won't arrive earlier than 2025 and God knows when they will decide to give their version of this seminal story.
    Really, Fox, just... really! And the ludicrous thing is that they actually resisted the Disney transition for all those years...
    For what? For that... thing?
    Seriously...

Someone who saw it please post in Spoiler tags who the big Cameo was?
    Have not seen it but it sounds like it is

spoilers:
    Dazzler
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yep, and Fox apparently still managed to drag the movie to below these expectations.

I just hope I’m still alive in a few years time to see Marvel do justice to what should be a cosmic epic.
    The frustrating thing is that Fox can put out great movies. X2, Days of Future Past, Logan, and both Deadpool movies were phenominal. But they're sandwiched between junk like Last Stand and Wolverine Origns. This movie is somewhere in between, but it's a shame they can't maintain any level of consistency.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

There's no way Disney/Fox could put a $200 million + budgeted film on Hulu or Netflix.

However, if DP winds up bombing, it could cause reshoots for New Mutants to be canceled and it may wind up on Hulu or eventually Disney+.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-06-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You know they don’t learn. Dark Phoenix Saga was the ultimate slowburn story in the comics. Have we ever even gotten Jean as just Phoenix? Like regular Phoenix not Dark Phoenix? This needs to be an ongoing thing over the course of like 3-5 films. Then you dive into the Jean heel turn. That’s the whole reason the story works. Just introducing the whole concept and resolving it in one film defeats the point. It’s just dumb to get a big name story out

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    There's no way Disney/Fox could put a $200 million + budgeted film on Hulu or Netflix.

However, if DP winds up bombing, it could cause reshoots for New Mutants to be canceled and it may wind up on Hulu or eventually Disney+.
    Yeah, the thing is that there's a descent chance Dark Phoenix will make money even if the reception isn't great. As much as people hate on Last Stand, it did very well. As long as it makes money Disney won't care. They're likely rebooting anyways, so dollar signs are all they likely see.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You know they don’t learn. Dark Phoenix Saga was the ultimate slowburn story in the comics. Have we ever even gotten Jean as just Phoenix? Like regular Phoenix not Dark Phoenix? This needs to be an ongoing thing over the course of like 3-5 films. Then you dive into the Jean heel turn. That’s the whole reason the story works. Just introducing the whole concept and resolving it in one film defeats the point. It’s just dumb to get a big name story out
    In some ways I think the set up for Phoenix at least might have been a bit better. They at least teased her power in X2 and had her die, with the resurrection of Phoenix being in the next movie. Not that this couldn't have been more spread out too, but bhis movie seems to jam the death and resurrection all in one film. X-Men movies needed to do a better job mapping out their movies with more long term storytelling. I don't expect them to do what marvel did with nearly 2 dozen movies leading to Infinity War and End Game, but they should at least be able to handle a trilogy.

Mighty Member

I just wanted to know who the hell Jessica Chastain played. A Skrull? Martinque or Regan Wyngarde? A Shi'Ar? A broccoli person? A mutant shapeshifter?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In some ways I think the set up for Phoenix at least might have been a bit better. They at least teased her power in X2 and had her die, with the resurrection of Phoenix being in the next movie. Not that this couldn't have been more spread out too, but bhis movie seems to jam the death and resurrection all in one film. X-Men movies needed to do a better job mapping out their movies with more long term storytelling. I don't expect them to do what marvel did with nearly 2 dozen movies leading to Infinity War and End Game, but they should at least be able to handle a trilogy.
    They did tease Phoenix in Apocalypse during the culminating scene. But, let's face it, they had no f-ing clue what they were doing. Like most things in the XCU they just did that because they thought it'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I just wanted to know who the hell Jessica Chastain played. A Skrull? Martinque or Regan Wyngarde? A Shi'Ar? A broccoli person? A mutant shapeshifter?
    Maybe this movie and Captain Marvel were more similar than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    They did tease Phoenix in Apocalypse during the culminating scene. But, let's face it, they had no f-ing clue what they were doing. Like most things in the XCU they just did that because they thought it'd be cool.
    And I suppose it did seem kinda cool. But I guess we'll see whether or not they had a clue what they were doing in the next movie.

Based on the Apocalyse movie, she seemingly already has the Phoenix. So I guess she doens't need to get in the Dark Phoenix movie. I guess they just need to explain it well enough and show it go dark. I'm not hopefull they can pull if off as well as the source material deserves ... but we'll see

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And I suppose it did seem kinda cool. But I guess we'll see whether or not they had a clue what they were doing in the next movie.

Based on the Apocalyse movie, she seemingly already has the Phoenix. So I guess she doens't need to get in the Dark Phoenix movie. I guess they just need to explain it well enough and show it go dark. I'm not hopefull they can pull if off as well as the source material deserves ... but we'll see
    Or they hope people forget that it was in Apocalypse and pretend it's a whole new cosmic thing.

Mighty Member

Jean should not start as the most powerful mutant but as one of the weaker ones. So when she gains the Phoenix Force we can see her reveling in her new power and warning signs of trouble ahead. Then do Mastermind the HC and DP.