Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I just wanted to know who the hell Jessica Chastain played. A Skrull? Martinque or Regan Wyngarde? A Shi'Ar? A broccoli person? A mutant shapeshifter?
    A random made up alien from the sound of it. But someone who's seen it probaly knows better

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Doubtful they would not throw away something that would cost tens of millions just to be different. I am sure the Shiar were never in the budget.
    They spent 200 milion on this movie (which is a 25-50 million more than Captian Marvel's budget). Maybe all that was going to Lawrence, I don't know... but they weren't doing a whole lot of penny pinching with this film.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They spent 200 milion on this movie (which is a 25-50 million more than Captian Marvel's budget). Maybe all that was going to Lawrence, I don't know... but they weren't doing a whole lot of penny pinching with this film.
    Not even Fox would throw away that much money just to be different.

BANNED

If they gave that much of cash to that obnoxious Smurfette rip off to portray a wooden Saint Mystique, then what can i fucking say...
    Release the Krak... Release the Mouse and let it be done with it.

Cool

It's always shocking to me how high the budget of these x-men films are. They always look so cheap, like Shazam/Hellboy budget level. Say what you want about Marvel and DC's movies, at least with those movies you can see where they spent the money. The fox X-men films always are so small in scale and set pieces.

I'm so happy were done with these fox films and the franchise can go to a proper studio.

Spectacular Member

I grew up with the X-Men movies and they're a big reason why I got into superheroes but even I can't bring myself to pay to see this. Sad to see the franchise go with this apparent crap.

Just saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    It's always shocking to me how high the budget of these x-men films are. They always look so cheap, like Shazam/Hellboy budget level. Say what you want about Marvel and DC's movies, at least with those movies you can see where they spent the money. The fox X-men films always are so small in scale and set pieces.

I'm so happy were done with these fox films and the franchise can go to a proper studio.
    I don't think that first point is stated enough. They nail a few powers (Nightcrawler, Mystique, healing powers, Iceman) but the vast majority look like something out of a Muppet movie. The effects have always been garbage so I wonder too where the money gets spent.

Huge set pieces? As bad as the DC movies are plot wise they look a billion times more polished than any of these movies ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't think that first point is stated enough. They nail a few powers (Nightcrawler, Mystique, healing powers, Iceman) but the vast majority look like something out of a Muppet movie. The effects have always been garbage so I wonder too where the money gets spent.

Huge set pieces? As bad as the DC movies are plot wise they look a billion times more polished than any of these movies ever did.
    Honestly part of me wonders if there is some money/shady stuff going on behind the scenes, because I can't believe this film has the same budget as Black Panther, GOTG and Avengers. These actors aren't even at RDJ's level so there's no way it's going to stars either. Cosplayer's have nicer looking costumes then these films.

Also does everyone else remember that Singer and Ratner have had some pretty awful reports of their behavior that happened while directing x-men films? I feel bad for the actors, but glad the studio and this franchise is failing. Feels deserved.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    A random made up alien from the sound of it. But someone who's seen it probaly knows better
    I just googled the character and apparently she is credited as Vuk. Honestly, I thought someone tried to be vulgar until I ran it through google again and apparently that is a real Marvel character.

Did anyone else have issue with the choice of how the Phoenix was depicted. I can't shake off the feeling that it looks like Galactus from Rise of the Silver Surfer with more orange and red glowing. Just feels lazy.

Mighty Member

Honestly part of me wonders if there is some money/shady stuff going on behind the scenes, because I can't believe this film has the same budget as Black Panther, GOTG and Avengers. These actors aren't even at RDJ's level so there's no way it's going to stars either. Cosplayer's have nicer looking costumes then these films.

Also does everyone else remember that Singer and Ratner have had some pretty awful reports of their behavior that happened while directing x-men films? I feel bad for the actors, but glad the studio and this franchise is failing. Feels deserved.
    Maybe there has been some hush money paid out to keep names off of the Me too lists? That would tie your two points together logically.

BANNED

I don't know about any of that, but I know that when I watch the effects in GOTG and DoFP (which probably had the best of any X-movie) and the difference is stark as hell. Doc Strange had a similar budget to Apocalypse and it's effects are light years better.

For Days of Future Past at least I can understand the high budget. Because it's a sequal to both the original trilogy and First Class, it had twice the cast. We'll see whether Dark Phoenix justifies the budget... a chunk of that might have been because of the reshoots.

Sometimes I wonder if reshoots are worth it though. That just means it has to make that much more at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Maybe there has been some hush money paid out to keep names off of the Me too lists? That would tie your two points together logically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I don't know about any of that, but I know that when I watch the effects in GOTG and DoFP (which probably had the best of any X-movie) and the difference is stark as hell. Doc Strange had a similar budget to Apocalypse and it's effects are light years better.
    I didn't mean to say the two issue's were related, just giving two separate reasons as to F%^& this franchise. Reason #1 looks cheap as hell and Reason #2 Directors were jerks.

Ridley Scott's Fox Films have similar budgets but they look like big budget films, not this made for tv crap the x-men films are putting out. The budget of Alien Covenant and The Martian combined cost less then this film. Deadpool 2 cost half of this.
    Last edited by PoorStudent; 06-05-2019 at 07:45 PM.

I didn't mean to say the two issue's were related, just giving two separate reasons as to F%^& this franchise. Reason #1 looks cheap as hell and Reason #2 Directors were jerks.

Ridley Scott's Fox Films have similar budgets but they look like big budget films, not this made for tv crap the x-men films are putting out. The budget of Alien Covenant and The Martian combined cost less then this film. Deadpool 2 cost half of this.
    I can't speak for Dark Phoenix as I have not seen it yet and will probably wait till it's on streaming. But take Apocalypse Singer never changed his style from X-Men (2000) to Apocalypse which makes the films feel dated to put in some perspective it was 16 years between X-Men (2000) and X-Men Apocalypse the same amount of time as between Batman (1989) and Batman Begins imagine if Nolan did a film with the same tone and look as Batman (1989) it would had been been there done that.