Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Box Office Mojo is predicting a $33 million weekend for Dark Phoenix, and they're thinking that the movie will top out at less than $85 million domestically.

This will be a bomb on the order of Justice League, if not worse in terms of losses to the studio.

Shazam's box office is looking really good in comparison.
    Not to spit on their grave or anything, but maybe it's better if it bombs.

If it were a massive sucess, it might force marvel to try and incorporate the existing franchise into the MU (which isn't impossible if Spider-Man establishes a multiverse).

But a bomb basically gives marvel the freedom to start completely from scatch.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

If it were a massive sucess, it might force marvel to try and incorporate the existing franchise into the MU (which isn't impossible if Spider-Man establishes a multiverse).

The movie was going to bomb regardless of its quality due to the release date. Just look at how SLOP2 is performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Yeah, the first two X-Men movies are the best.
    Agree! Magneto and Mystique actually felt like very real and dangerous threats, not just to the X-Men but to the world. Thats really where they need to be as characters.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Feige kinda shot this down as he said months back its gonna be a couple years before he uses the X-Men. I do think he takes the 2 actors from it clearly ...Fassbender (Magneto) and McAvoy (Xavier) and just use them more or less. Those 2 were fine in the last 4 movies. They would be solid in the Marvel Universe of films.

(I would say that Feige could use the alternate worlds to use these X-Men basically but I think they will wait to do the whole alternate universe take when they recast Tony Stark years ahead at some point)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Personally I like First Class best it goes

First Class, Deadpool, Logan, DOFP, X2, Deadpool 2, X-Men, The Wolverine, X-Men Apocalypse, X-Men Origins Wolverine, The Last Stand, and then Dark Phoenix.

I looked for showtimes and it's not even showing at my theatre.

BANNED

Sadly, either Marvel Studios seems to be putting the X-verse in their priorities.
    http://epicstream.com/news/TinyDiapa...k-Phoenix-Flop

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Sadly, either Marvel Studios seems to be putting the X-verse in their priorities.
    It's probably just as well. Since this "X-Women" bullshit started up I'm not looking forward to whatever Disney comes up with.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Feige already said it was going to be 5 years or so before they did any X-Men movies. Actually Feige is probably kinda happy about this because now it makes his job easier. After the failure of both Apocalypse and Phoenix if they do an X-Men movie that is even half good it is going to seem great compared those two messes.

I do think it will not be that long though and we will start hearing something about Marvel's plans for the X-Men by 2021 or 2022.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Feige already said it was going to be 5 years or so before they did any X-Men movies. Actually Feige is probably kinda happy about this because now it makes his job easier. After the failure of both Apocalypse and Phoenix if they do an X-Men movie that is even half good it is going to seem great compared those two messes.

I do think it will not be that long though and we will start hearing something about Marvel's plans for the X-Men by 2021 or 2022.
    That didn’t happen with Incredible Hulk.

And I doubt he is happy. He always tried to give his advise on other Marvel films like with Amazing Spider-Man 2 and apparently this film’s script back when it was a two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    THR is reporting some of what went on behind the scenes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

That seems to have been the plan originally.
    Can you quote the part that says that? Because I read in that article that they wanted to make a smaller in scope movie then Apocalypse not a big space Opera. Also crazy **** like if Disney didn't buy fox that fox exec's were praying to make a Sony/Spiderman like deal with Marvel. Everything about that article made me feel like the people behind the scenes on this movie are even more inept.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I know that fact and i did posted a thread commending this... https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-Anytime-Soon

What i fear is that they might push the X-Men even further than 2025 thanks to the flop of DP and God knows when they will attempt to adapt the Phoenix Saga again.

Also, what bugs me is the delay in the first place.
    When the deal with Sony for Spider-Man was achieved, they modified the roaster of Phase 3 so they can bring the MCU Spider-Man as soon as possible and they can't do the same with the X-Men or the FF at least?
    Last edited by Minerboh; 06-10-2019 at 01:47 PM.

What i fear is that they might push the X-Men even further than 2025 thanks to the flop of DP and God knows when they will attempt to adapt the Phoenix Saga again.
    They've failed with the Phoenix twice already. It might be better if they never attempted that story again. The X-men have plenty of other villains they can bring out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    They've failed with the Phoenix twice already. It might be better if they never attempted that story again. The X-men have plenty of other villains they can bring out.
    Fox failed. We haven't saw Marvel's take yet and judging from Thanos, they might do it right.
    Question is if they try.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I never want to see Phoenix again. Give me Proteus, Bastion/Nimrod/Sentinials, Mojo, Exodus and the Acolytes, Belasco, Shadow King, a real Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Mesmero, Mutant Liberation Front, ect. Just give us something new besides beating Phoenix and Magneto to death over and over and over again. I don't even want to see Magneto until the end of the 2nd X-Men movie at this point. Phoenix is even worse and just needs to be left in the comics.