Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Can you quote the part that says that? Because I read in that article that they wanted to make a smaller in scope movie then Apocalypse not a big space Opera. Also crazy **** like if Disney didn't buy fox that fox exec's were praying to make a Sony/Spiderman like deal with Marvel. Everything about that article made me feel like the people behind the scenes on this movie are even more inept.
    Fox is indeed inept as Deadline reported.

Now, Dark Phoenix was originally planned to be two movies, we hear, and during late pre-production, the studio changed gears and said it was to be one movie. Kinberg, we hear, was flexible and rewrote. Days of Future Past erased the timeline of The Last Stand, so a rebooted story about Jean Grey was possible here. Our sources tell us that testing Dark Phoenix was a continual headache, and the feature adaptation of Chris Claremont, John Byrne, and David Cockrum’s fan-beloved Dark Phoenix Saga comic was hard to get right.
    https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/

Back in 2017 Olivia Munn said in a Collider interview that the movie was a two parter.

MUNN: I don’t know what I’m supposed to say. I’m supposed to be vague. That’s my answer. I’m horrible at that. It’s like a two parter, this movie. That’s more than I’ve said, in general. I don’t know why people have to be so secretive.
    http://collider.com/olivia-munn-inte...enix/#oceans-8

Remember the rumors about Jessica Chastain playing Lilandra?

BANNED

Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker don’t know what they are doing. I hope Disney brings back Donner and get rid of Kingberg and Parker.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It sounds like it was Fox who kept changing their minds and dumped it all on Kinberg to make right and get done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

We now have ACTUALS for the first weekend of DARK PHOENIX.

Unfortunately, they came in a little under the already dreadful estimates of $33m domestic, $107m foreign, $140 million worldwide.

ACTUALS:

Domestic $32,828,348

Foreign: $103,743,621

WORLDWIDE: $136,571,969

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I honestly think Dark Phoenix is going to have trouble even cracking 75 domestic at this point. I mean in the next 3 weeks you have the new Men In Black, Toy Story 4, and then finally the big dog Spider-Man. With the dreadful opening and not great word of mouth there is no way this movie cracks 100mil domestic. I can see it topping out at 60 here in the states really.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I honestly think Dark Phoenix is going to have trouble even cracking 75 domestic at this point. I mean in the next 3 weeks you have the new Men In Black, Toy Story 4, and then finally the big dog Spider-Man. With the dreadful opening and not great word of mouth there is no way this movie cracks 100mil domestic. I can see it topping out at 60 here in the states really.
    Nah, I’m fairly confident it’ll crack 60 but getting to a 100 will be rough.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It sounds like it was Fox who kept changing their minds and dumped it all on Kinberg to make right and get done.
    Yeah, apparently he is team Marvel now. From the other link I posted.

Meanwhile, one former Fox executive notes, “If the merger didn’t happen, some of these people would be worried about their jobs. If the merger didn’t happen, people would be clamoring for Fox to do what Sony did with Spider-Man and ask for Marvel’s help.”

Mighty Member

Thought it was pretty good. Out of curiosity. Was Ryan Reynolds ever approached to have a cameo similar to the one the cast of X-Men had in Deadpool 2?

Astonishing Member

Ahh yea Kurt is one of the chatacters I'm 100% confident will be better Disneyfied. Worried about Wolverine getting Neutered(Fox Neutred him.untill his very last movie anyway). But yea NightCralwer will benefit from a more a kid friendly aproach since its fit his character. Hes fun comic relief who can also deliver a powerful moral or faith based speech when needed. He not some emo guy who self mutilated and goes on killing sprees. But yea if Purifers are worth trying to save to Kurt I dont see why D'Bari wouldnt be. Sounds like from spoilers they are trying to capture the Phoenix to restore they're planet. They are more sympathetic on paper then Purifiers
    That is the story the D'Bari sell to Jean. But when Vux is talking to another of the D'Bari, she says outright they will restart on Earth. They have no intention of gaining control of the Phoenix Force and leaving. They plan to use it on Earth. Which is why they need to be stopped.

That is one of the things that baffled me plot wise. If the Phoenix Force can be used to create, why wouldn't they use it to restore their planet and civilization. No, instead they intend to use it on Earth and, by extension, enslaving/wiping humanity out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    When Men in Black rakes in the cash next weekend we'll chalk it up to how much better it is to have your movie out June 14th rather than June 7th. /sarcasm

I think you're right though, between 60-75M and it'll be quickly booted from a lot of theaters I think.
    Last edited by Theleviathan; 06-10-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

In the trailer Nightcrawler appears to stab someone in the neck. And everyone I've seen talk about it seems to think he killed a bunch of people. So some Gunfire Kills them but others doesnt hit the right spots? Like they get shot but it doesnt put them down or is there bullproof armor protecting parts of them? Who was Magneto shooting in the trailer bcause theres no way he just misses. Maybe that was Jean then and not a Dbari looked like the Bullets were falling to the ground.
    Their shape-shifting allows them to "morph" around the gunfire. But they are resistant to it by some degree being aliens. Magneto controls all the guns present in one of the train carriages while trying to prevent Vux from reaching Jean. He has them machine gun her with a barrage of automatic fire.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker don’t know what they are doing. I hope Disney brings back Donner and get rid of Kingberg and Parker.
    Feige is gonna be in charge even if him a Donner are great friend I see no point in bringing her back. But yea Marvel has they're own peolple the only way I see these people staying employed is if they run the stuff that's gonna stay at fox like Deadpool or If Marvel sends R rated stuff over there to make a R rated Cinematic universe. But even then I bet to some degree anything that will have the Marvel Logo In front of it from Fox will get run past Kevin Fiege first. But yea I dont see anyone involved in past Xmen movies still working on them at Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    When Men in Black rakes in the cash next weekend we'll chalk it up to how much better it is to have your movie out June 14th rather than June 7th. /sarcasm

I think you're right though, between 60-75M and it'll be quickly booted from a lot of theaters I think.
    Why do you think it's gonna rake in the cash? Last I saw it was tracking just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why do you think it's gonna rake in the cash? Last I saw it was tracking just ok.
    Yes, from what I've read, Men in Black International, like Dark Phoenix, is ALSO tracking for a franchise low.

I think from now until the end of July, the big box office will come from Disney.

JUNE 21 - Toy Story 4

JULY 3 - Spider-Man: Far from Home (OK, this is Sony, but it's Marvel Studios produced)

JULY 19 - The Lion King

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Tbh I think not being a two parter was a blessing. I just don't think this would've been good under any capacity.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.