Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I hope they don’t be a bunch of pussies with second trailer and hold back on the flaming hair because of the Captain Marvel trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I hope they don’t be a bunch of pussies with second trailer and hold back on the flaming hair because of the Captain Marvel trailer.
    They really should go all out. Captain Marvel trailers aren't creating the buzz Marvel was hoping it would, I'm sure. So they don't need to worry about that at all.

A new mutants trailer would be better. the film is still coming out in august 18 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    A new mutants trailer would be better. the film is still coming out in august 18 right?
    Forgot that movie even existed.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

You and so many other people. I was hoping that turd was going to get permanently shelved.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So does Fox.

Reminder: Dark Phoenix will be at CCXP 18 (Brazil's comic con) on Fri Dec 7. The panel is from 4-6 apparently and will feature Kinberg, Turner and Chastain. Hope they bring something good.

Update: not sure how she knows this, but according to Grace Randolph on twitter Dark Phoenix will get a trailer next week.

Holiday Trailer Blizzard 2018!
    #Avengers4 - Friday
    #SpiderManFarFromHome - Saturday
    #GodzillaKingOfTheMonsters - Sunday
    ����❄️❄️ And #Shazam & #DarkPhoenix also coming in the next week or so!

Complete coverage for all!
    Last edited by MaddieGrey; 12-04-2018 at 06:07 PM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Captain Marvel trailers aren't creating the buzz Marvel was hoping it would, I'm sure.
    This is especially true for me. The movie just seems bland. Yeah, that space-based set piece at the end of the trailer looks promising, but it looks rather unremarkable otherwise. Also, it may just be the trailer, but it looks like they're using the amnesia story (I don't recall Carol ever having amnesia?) to do Man of Steel-esque time jumps throughout her history.

Lastly, I really liked Brie Larson in Kong: Skull Island, but I hope these aren't the final audio clips for the films because, damn, she sounded bored. People want to say that Jennifer Lawrence was disinterested in Apocalypse, which she may've been, but this seemed way worse. And I'm not usually a guy that criticizes that kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Reminder: Dark Phoenix will be at CCXP 18 (Brazil's comic con) on Fri Dec 7. The panel is from 4-6 apparently and will feature Kinberg, Turner and Chastain. Hope they bring something good.

Update: not sure how she knows this, but according to Grace Randolph on twitter Dark Phoenix will get a trailer next week.
    Hopefully we'll at least get some new official photography, at the very least, but I'd be frikkin' psyched for a new trailer.

About Grace's proposed trailer schedule, I have no idea why Marvel would release the new Spider-Man trailer the day after Avengers 4, where it's going to totally be over-shadowed, but Marvel clearly doesn't care what I think.

As for New Mutants, I wouldn't be surprised if that one got shelved. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it, even though I'm not a horror guy, it just seems like the odds are long for that one to receive a full theatrical release.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    This is especially true for me. The movie just seems bland. Yeah, that space-based set piece at the end of the trailer looks promising, but it looks rather unremarkable otherwise. Also, it may just be the trailer, but it looks like they're using the amnesia story (I don't recall Carol ever having amnesia?) to do Man of Steel-esque time jumps throughout her history.

Lastly, I really liked Brie Larson in Kong: Skull Island, but I hope these aren't the final audio clips for the films because, damn, she sounded bored. People want to say that Jennifer Lawrence was disinterested in Apocalypse, which she may've been, but this seemed way worse. And I'm not usually a guy that criticizes that kinda thing.

Hopefully we'll at least get some new official photography, at the very least, but I'd be frikkin' psyched for a new trailer.

About Grace's proposed trailer schedule, I have no idea why Marvel would release the new Spider-Man trailer the day after Avengers 4, where it's going to totally be over-shadowed, but Marvel clearly doesn't care what I think.

As for New Mutants, I wouldn't be surprised if that one got shelved. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it, even though I'm not a horror guy, it just seems like the odds are long for that one to receive a full theatrical release.
    If Far From Home is released IMO its Sony's move simply wanting some Spider-Man Buzz in the atmosphere leading up to Spider-Verse.

Btw, a while back I was reading an interview with the Russo’s of Infinity War explaining why Lady Death wasn’t in the film.

"We talked about his motivation, and much of the motivation connected to Lady Death is about balance," said Feige. "It's the balance between life and death, the belief that life was getting unchecked and out of hand and there needed to be a correction. We wanted to make that the driving force of Thanos and his backstory. That's where Chris and Steve and Joe and Anthony found a more natural, grounded way … well, as grounded as a giant Mad Titan can be."

Grounding these outrageous comic-book plots in something recognizably human is important to the Russos, who previously directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War for Marvel.
    So why do people get upset when Kinberg uses the word “grounded”? What does that word even mean?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-05-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Btw, a while back I was reading an interview with the Russo’s of Infinity War explaining why Lady Death wasn’t in the film.

So why do people get upset when Kinberg uses the word “grounded”? What does that word even mean?
    I think the difference is when the MCU says "Grounded" its meant more as a way to explain the fantastic while still having the fantastic but when the DCEU or XCU say that term its meant as a way to describe toning the fantastic down as to feel real or more precisely more real world. Which for characters like Batman, Punisher, Green Arrow, or Daredevil fine. But when your characters have superpowers many feel IMO you're already way past real world so just embrace the fantastic elements and bring the comic to life as much as you can.

I mean if spoilers true DP has a shape shifting alien and she looks like someone out of X-Files while Skrulls in Captain Marvel look like Skrulls.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-05-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

In the comics, Carol sort of had a kind of partial amnesia after her powers be absorbed by Rogue; although it was sort of more of an emotional detachment kind of thing.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think the difference is when the MCU says "Grounded" its meant more as a way to explain the fantastic while still having the fantastic but when the DCEU or XCU say that term its meant as a way to describe toning the fantastic down as to feel real or more precisely more real world. Which for characters like Batman, Punisher, Green Arrow, or Daredevil fine. But when your characters have superpowers many feel IMO you're already way past real world so just embrace the fantastic elements and bring the comic to life as much as you can.

I mean if spoilers true DP has a shape shifting alien and she looks like someone out of X-Files while Skrulls in Captain Marvel look like Skrulls.
    Yes, that was the way I understood it too.

"Grounded" as in a logical, planned progression of events, unlike that mess that was X3, which was ungrounded and full of lunacy. Not "grounded" like an earthbound adventure, but in a story that makes sense.

But only time will tell...when we finally see the film if any of that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

Wouldn’t replacing a metaphysical entity with overpopulation count as that?

The spoiler haven’t accurate about visuals so far. The description of the X-suits and Jean’s Phoenix form were off. But the description of Jessica’s character resembles the Imperial Guard member Oracle. The pale alien with powers similar to Jean. The shape-shifting is probably just her using psychic illusion like Mastermind.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-05-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Wouldn’t replacing a metaphysical entity with overpopulation count as that?

The spoiler haven’t accurate about visuals so far. The description of the X-suits and Jean’s Phoenix form were off. But the description of Jessica’s character resembles the Imperial Guard member Oracle. The pale alien with powers similar to Jean. The shape-shifting is probably just her using psychic illusion like Mastermind.
    No because your still keeping the big purple alien with demigod level powers you're just toning down the motivation from his wanting to kill half of the universe for Lady Death to a more grounded real reason fear and consequences of over population.

The Nolan Trilogy was probably the most grounded realistic take of a superhero and it works for a street level hero like Batman but could you see that Batman in the DCEU with the Justice League Members?

& that's the difference.

The costumes are as basic as they come and if they go full Shi'Ar and Imperial Guard I'll give Fox credit but as of now TV shows have more impressive aliens designs than pale girl in human clothes.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-05-2018 at 08:28 PM.