Page 96 of 105 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1569

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Whistler and Blade got more development than most of the X-Men, and they were playing the two of them being "Tough Guys" right down to the hilt.

I'm not saying that the "X" films up until now are a complete disaster, but you got to be able to take a reasonably realistic look at the films.

Just take Peter/Quicksilver. Can you seriously watch those films, and tell me that the character go the development that he should have? That he isn't literally inches away from being an entertaining 3D doll?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-21-2019 at 04:48 AM.

BANNED

More observations:

1- Jean/Phoenix did NOT kill any cop/policeman... indeed, TV stated that.
    In truth, Jean/Phoenix did not kill anyone outside the X-Men and did not destroy any major structure or building. The MCU train doesn't count.

2- Xavier knew about the Endeavour Shuttle before it would even happen. In fact, he was arguing about the X-Jet with Beast long time before the President of the USA would call him. How? Well, Xavier has still access to the memories he absorbed from Old Timeline Wolverine in 1973.
    I'm surprised that nobody has noticed this.

Here's a question I have about the X-men timeline.

What the heck did Magneto see or do in the mid to late 90s?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Which timeline out of the two/three?

Ok just finished the movie.

Overall I think the concept was good, but it really suffered badly from being merged into one movie, there were too much to tell and too many characters. It also created plotholes.

Other than Xavier(which also could be expanded a bit more), Magneto and everyone else got little further development. It really tires me to bring Magneto again to fight the X-Men, there were very little build up on these characters, both old and new.

Sophie Turner was ok on her performance, the plot could have been longer to stretch the development.

Glad to see Mystique die, they made her a hero simply because of her actress.

Why would Magneto think there is a chance he could kill Jean after what happened in Apocalypse?

The villains were the biggest problem of this movie, they are just purely bland and acted unnecessarily cruel.

Why did they attack the train when they are shapeshifters and have FBI members who could even get into the White House? They could have just wait and sneak in.

Why didn't Jessica Chastian's villain just absorb the Phoenix power from Jean right way when she first met her?

I'm sure if there have been 2 movies most of the problem would have been solved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post

Why would Magneto think there is a chance he could kill Jean after what happened in Apocalypse?

Why didn't Jessica Chastian's villain just absorb the Phoenix power from Jean right way when she first met her?

1- Magneto didn't know how much powerful she has become since then.

2- I guess she needed Jean voluntarily giving a portion of the cosmic force to her...
    It's not the Phoenix power. It's the cosmic force.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    1- Magneto didn't know how much powerful she has become since then.

2- I guess she needed Jean voluntarily giving a portion of the cosmic force to her...
    It's not the Phoenix power. It's the cosmic force.
    1-Even if she hadn't become more powerful, she could have easily killed him since she had obliterated Apocalypse.

2-All she needed to say is : Hi girl you were possessed by the cosmic force that's why you are acting weird, I can help you by transfer it to me so everything else will be fine.

Of course Jean would agree to give her the power to return to normal.

BANNED

I’m confused about something.
    Did this movie changed the ending of DOFP?
    At the end of DOFP, Xavier was still running the school, we also see Jean in Xavier’s office.
    Doesn’t the end of DOFP supposed to be in the same timeline as DP?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    At the end of DOFP, Xavier was still running the school, we also see Jean in Xavier’s office.
    Does the end of DOFP supposed to be in the same timeline as DP?
    The ending of DOFP is set in 2023, I mean 31 years later.
    Man, many things change during 31 years. Trust me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    1-Even if she hadn't become more powerful, she could have easily killed him since she had obliterated Apocalypse.
    You know Magneto. He... believes in himself.

BANNED

What was the production budget for this before the reshoots? Because the movie just doesn't look very expensive, it doesn't look like it had a budget of 200 million, the movie looks small and small scaled. Genosha, the mansion, the buildings they have used shouldn't take a lot of money.

While the previous movies had Cerebro, the subbasement, X-Jet, helicopters. The only thing really new is the space setting which lasted like 5 minutes. Most of the characters are in casual clothing as well. The movie isn't vfx heavy compare to X3.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    What was the production budget for this before the reshoots? Because the movie just doesn't look very expensive, it doesn't look like it had a budget of 200 million, the movie looks small and small scaled. Genosha, the mansion, the buildings they have used shouldn't take a lot of money.

While the previous movies had Cerebro, the subbasement, X-Jet, helicopters. The only thing really new is the space setting which lasted like 5 minutes. Most of the characters are in casual clothing as well. The movie isn't vfx heavy compare to X3.
    Maybe the 90s setting has cost them some money?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Dark Phoenix is based around an idea from Days of Future Past.

https://jimmy-o-face.tumblr.com/post...a-from-days-of
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-21-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Doesn’t the end of DOFP supposed to be in the same timeline as DP?
    I think it's just more of the usual loose continuity of the series. Maybe there were plans for more movies that would bridge the gap and explain why Jean was back after dying/evolving/whatever in DP, but the Disney sale ended that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

i thought xmen 1 is 2020??