Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool Amalgam Universe: 21st Century

Forgive me if this has been done before

So back in the 90s DC and Marvel came together and did a few crossovers and eventually ended up merging their characters together in Amalgam Comics. I'm sure you guys are fully aware of this already. Well what if DC and Marvel were able to pull it off one more time for their heroes of today? Who would you pick? What would they be named? What would be their Amalgam backstory?

I can't think of any backstories right now but I'm gonna rattle off some combinations I think would be cool.

Batman + Black Panther = The Dark Panther
    Superman + Captain America = Super-Soldier
    Wonder Woman + Captain Marvel = Captain Wonder
    GL John Stewart + Blue Marvel = Blue Builder
    Hawkgirl + (She)Hulk = She-Hawk
    Martian Manhunter + Doctor Strange = Martian Supreme
    Cyborg + Iron Man = Cyborg Man
    Aquaman + Thor = Poseidon
    The Flash + Ghost Rider = Speed Demon
    Wallace West + Miles Morales = Kid Arachnid
    Nightwing + Spider-Man = Webwing
    Steel (Natasha Irons) + Ironheart = Iron Maiden
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-17-2022 at 10:05 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Blue Beetle (Jaime) + Ms. Marvel (Kamala) = Blue Marvel

Blue Marvel is the name of an actual Marvel hero, so that name would be avoided. This is why there's Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Girl, but not Spider-Boy - that was Peter's amalgamation with Conner Kent.

Teen Titans and Champions could combine into Teen Champions. Their members would also be amalgamated, Steel and Ironheart being an obvious one as they're both black girls in powered armor. I'd call their amalgamation Steelheart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Batman + Punisher = The Dark Skull
    Wonder Woman + Thor = Thunder Woman
    Aquaman + Black Panther = Tiger Shark
    The Flash + Wolverine = Crimson Hare
    Superman + Iron Man = Man of Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The Flash + Wolverine = Crimson Hare
    That's amazing.

Anyway!

Bruce of the Blood was a magician of middling talent during the reign of King Arthur, until a summoning ritual gone wrong fused him with a demon of rage. Now immortal due to his connection to the hell fiend, Bruce spent centuries trying to keep the monster contained and find a way to separate them. As magic failed him, Bruce turned to science, discovering that while he was barely a passable mage, he's a hell of a physicist. Now going by the alias "Jason Banner" in the present day, Bruce tries to live a quiet, peaceful life....for when his anger gets the best of him, Wrath the Demon takes control!! Hulk-Etrigan combo.

As a world of gods died, Jor son of Sig; god of science and space, tried to save his newborn baby Kal son of Jor (god of tomorrow and stars) by sending him to the world of mortals. Found by humble farmers and raised alongside their own brilliant and sly son Alexander, the newly named child Clark Blake found that he wasn't like other kids and possessed powers far beyond those of mortals. As an adult, Clark works as a doctor while his brother, Lex "the Mischief Maker," runs a huge corporation of questionable ethos that tries to monetize the supernatural. But when trouble rears its head, Blake makes a house call, hangs up his white coat and hefts his godly blade Hope Bringer as the heroic Sun God! Superman-Thor combo.

During World War II, the spirit of America feared the Axis might cross the oceans and threaten the States. To ensure our protection, Uncle Sam returned to his other-dimensional home; a place populated by worthy Americans plucked from reality called the Heartland, and threw a competition. The winner was a woman named Diana Rogers and she was blessed with the incredible powers of Life, Liberty and Freedom. Once the nazis were defeated, Diana chose to remain on earth instead of returning to the Heartland, to ensure that the people of the United States never forget the spirit that infuses the land or the ideals we're meant to strive for. While she works as a humble military nurse by day, the world knows her as the incredible American Wonder! Wonder Woman-Captain America combo.

Air Force pilot Carol Jordan was too wild for the military, too talented for civilian life, and between her aimless bouncing from job to job and her drinking, it seemed that her life was going to go nowhere. Until a alien member of the Ion Corps named Abin Vell fell to earth and deputized Carol as the Corps' newest member. Using the powerful Nega Bands that allow the wearer to tap into the quantum power of willpower, Carol serves the Corps, their master the Supreme Intelligence of the Universe, and the earth as the hero locally known as Captain Ion!! Green Lantern-Captain Marvel combo.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-13-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blue Marvel is the name of an actual Marvel hero, so that name would be avoided. This is why there's Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Girl, but not Spider-Boy - that was Peter's amalgamation with Conner Kent.

Teen Titans and Champions could combine into Teen Champions. Their members would also be amalgamated, Steel and Ironheart being an obvious one as they're both black girls in powered armor. I'd call their amalgamation Steelheart.
    Yeah I know it’s the name of an actual Marvel character. I just thought it worked for that combo.

Spiderman and Shazam into Captain Spider.

Captain America and Superman into Super America.

Thor and Wonder Woman into Brunhilde.

Iron Man and Batman into The Ironed Bat

Flash and Hulk into the Ripped Flasher.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Forgive me if this has been done before

So back in the 90s DC and Marvel came together and did a few crossovers and eventually ended up merging their characters together in Amalgam Comics. I'm sure you guys are fully aware of this already. Well what if DC and Marvel were able to pull it off one more time for their heroes of today? Who would you pick? What would they be named? What would be their Amalgam backstory?

I can't think of any backstories right now but I'm gonna rattle off some combinations I think would be cool.

Batman + Black Panther = Dark Panther(?)
    Superman + Captain America = Super-Soldier
    Wonder Woman + Captain Marvel = Captain Wonder
    GL John Stewart + Blue Marvel = Green Marvel
    Hawkgirl + (She)Hulk = She-Hawk
    Martian Manhunter + Doctor Strange = Martian Supreme
    Cyborg + Iron Man = Cyborg Man(?)
    Aquaman + Thor = Poseidon
    The Flash + Ghost Rider = Speed Demon
    Wallace West + Miles Morales = Kid Arachnid
    Nightwing + Spider-Man = Webwing
    Steel (Natasha Irons) + Ironheart = Iron Maiden
    These are briiliant. Webwing is a much better name than I came up with for my Grayson and Parker amalgam( Spider Knight) so I have to hate you a little(kidding?) But...... Flash and Ghost Rider? John Stewart and Blue Marvel. Thor and Aquaman? Smokin 'hot smart. I get why someone would make a point of calling himself " Cyborg Man" too. To stress his humanity to himself and others. There is another thread like this and I reccommemd that mods combie these.

Astonishing Member

Gomer Pyle Usmc and The Sub mariner= Nabor

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Second Round

Shazam (Billy Batson) + Captain Marvel (Carol)
    = Sgt. Thunder

Captain America + Hawkman
    =American Eagle

Green Lantern + The Hulk
    =The Green Genie
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-13-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Green Guardians:

Star-Guard: pilot Hal Quill
    Team:
    Kat'mora
    Kilorax
    Rock'p
    Grootphyl

Hal Quills father vanished while piloting an experimental star-ship and merged with
    Mego the living planet.

Thanestros collects the color infinity-rings. to rule the Galaxy.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-13-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    These are briiliant. Webwing is a much better name than I came up with for my Grayson and Parker amalgam( Spider Knight) so I have to hate you a little(kidding?) But...... Flash and Ghost Rider? John Stewart and Blue Marvel. Thor and Aquaman? Smokin 'hot smart. I get why someone would make a point of calling himself " Cyborg Man" too. To stress his humanity to himself and others. There is another thread like this and I reccommemd that mods combie these.
    Thank you! I came up with this idea mainly because I thought John Stewart and Blue Marvel would be a cool match up. I made up most of the rest just looking at the cover to the relaunched Avengers and Justice League titles and matching them by character types the best I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Second Round

Shazam (Billy Batson) + Captain Marvel (Carol)
    = Sgt. Thunder

Captain America + Hawkman
    =American Eagle

Green Lantern + The Hulk
    =The Green Genie
    That's actually amazing
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Green Guardians:

Star-Guard: pilot Hal Quill
    Team:
    Kat'mora
    Kilorax
    Rock'p
    Grootphyl

His father vanished while piloting an experimental star-ship and merged with
    Mego the living planet.

Thanestros collects the color infinity-rings.
    the infinity spectrum rings? Each color is a different aspect of the universe.

currently following:

Ultimate Justice (Ultimates + Justice League)

Doc Tomorrow aka Brark Bent (Superman + Hulk)
    An alien scientist who was performing experiments with sun radiation and accidently turns him into a being who can absorb sunlight and turn it into incredible power.

American Knightmare aka Steve Wayne (Batman + Captain America)
    After his parents are murdered in a terrorist act, Steve volunteers in an army experiment that turns him into a super soldier but at the cost of a piece of his sanity which leads him creating his own War on Terror.

Thiana The Divine Warrior (Wonder Woman + Thor)
    The child of Zeus and a Valkyrie who was raised by the all female warriors. Wields a magical hammer and lasso, and rides an invisible Pegasus, to combat crimes against equality.

Iron Speed aka Tony Jay "TJ" Stark (Iron Man + Flash/Jay Garrick)
    After a dream of the Speed Force a wealthy inventor creates a suit of armor that can manipulate kinectic energy and go beyond the speed of any object which allows him to reach the speed force but puts pressure on his heart.

Atomic Ant aka Ray Pym (Ray Palmer + Ant-Man)

Atomic Wasp aka Janet Choi (Ryan Choi + Ultimate Janet Van Dyne)

Black Vixen aka Shuri McCabe (Vixen + Black Panther)

Masters of DOOM (Masters of Evil + Legion of Doom):
    Doom Force aka Eobard Von Doom (Dr. Doom + Reverse Flash)
    Laugh-Monger aka ??? (Joker + Hate-Monger)
    Circe The Enchantress (Amora + Circe)
    Grundy The Executioner aka Skurge Grundy (Solomon Grundy + Skurge)
    Atomic Brain aka Albert Sterns (Atomic Skull + Leader)
    Killa Gorilla aka M'Baku Grodd (Man-Ape + Gorilla Grodd)
    Baron Penguin aka Heinrich Cobblepot (Penguin + Baron Zemo)

Green Marvel Corps:
    Green Marvel aka Alcott Mar-Vell (Alan Scott + Captain Mar-Vell)
    Green Bird aka Carol Jordan (Hal Jordan + Carol Danvers/Warbird)
    Green Spectrum aka John Rambeau (John Stewart + Monica Rambeau)
    She-Green aka Sharon Gardner (Guy Gardner + Sharon Ventura/She-Thing)
    Miss Green aka Kylie Khan (Kyle Rayner + Kamala Khan)

New Titans (New Avengers + Titans)
    Winter Knight aka Dick Barnes (Winter Soldier + Nightwing)
    Child assassin turned Knightmare's sidekick

Cyber Spider aka Victor Parker (Cyborg + Spider-Man)
    After losing his ability to move after a radioactive spider bite Victor has some of his body parts replaced with robotic parts that makes him move like a spider.

She-Power aka Kennifer Danters (She-Hulk + Power Girl)
    Doc Tomorrow's cousin who gained her powers from a blood transfusion
    Last edited by Mutant God; 04-26-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Most of the OP's sound excellent. Poseidon is my favorite.