Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Merging DC and Marvel Alien races.

The Than-Shiarian Empire. Homeworld Thanagar, Avian Sapiens consisting of a small ruling class of Shiar nobles that govern the Thanagarian people and other worlds that are part of the Empire. Ancient civilization with a long history. Thanagar is home to a precious resource called Nth metal which has been instrumental in it's advancement and culture. It is rumored the Shiar ruling class possess a powerful object called the M'kraan Crystal believed to be apart of the first multiverse. A cult led by Onimar D'Ken Syn the son of the ex Emperor D'ken runs the 7 Phoenix cult trying to bring about the end of this existence and rebirth.

2 Thanagarian warriors K'tor and Sheyera Hol encounter the Phoenix force on Thanagar protecting the M'Kraan Crystal. It forms a psoinic bond with them learning the live and desire they have to always be together. Thus setting in place the 2 lovers dying reincarnating and being together multiple times.

Brood Spider Guild a genetic combination of a agreed experiment by the Brood Queen and Spider Guild to create a highly advanced soildier that can ensnare opponents in their webbings which shoot from their tentacles, then 'impregnating the victim by inserting a brood egg in them thru various means. The egg begins a process of turning the host into a Brood in minutes depending on the hosts resistance to the process. Some Brood Spider Guild have loyalty to just the Brood Queen, The Spider Guild or both while others are mercenaries looking for work.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I miss the original Amalgams like Dark Claw,Super Soldier & Dr. Strangefate so much
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I miss the original Amalgams like Dark Claw,Super Soldier & Dr. Strangefate so much
    Me too..... I'd love if marvel and DC got together and released a couple of random fake "back issues" every few month's.

I'd love to read "world's strangest". A sixties split book, with a super soldier/dark claw team-up feature and a Dr strangefate back up. I'd also love to read 70's "reprints" of justice avengers, and see a silver age take on spiderboy.......

At least A) we know the actual Amalgams have their own universe where they can continue to have their adventures B) Access is still out there regardless of multiversal shenanigoats C) we don't have to worry about those characters getting screwed up by the events of the day.

On that note, while this thread is about making up new characters, which established Amalgams are your favorites?

I love Doctor Strangefate and enjoy that he'd progressed to a level where he could infiltrate Marvel and DC proper. Plus, he's the combination of three of the most powerful characters in Marvel/DC.

Deaddevil: The Man Without Life was a funny throwaway one-panel character I would've liked to see more of.

Dial 'H' for H.U.S.K. is a definite favorite of mine as well. Cool visuals and the unlimited potential of turning into any Amalgam is fun.

Some of my faves were the throwaways. I thought Karl Kesel was the best at coming up with them. Here are some of my faves (I checked a list to refresh my memory):

Atomic Black Knight [Atomic Knight / Black Knight]
    Black Orchid the Unknown [Black Orchid / Omega the Unknown]
    Deaddevil [Deadman / Daredevil]
    Detective Dinosaur [Detective Chimp / Devil Dinosaur]
    Doctor Doomsday [Doomsday / Doctor Doom]
    Ice-Cream Cohen [Ice Cream Soldier / Izzy Cohen]
    Impossible Dawg [Dawg / Impossible Man]
    Infinite Kickers, Inc. [Infinity Inc. / Kickers, Inc. (New Universe)]
    Artemisty Knight [Artemis / Misty Knight]
    Shaggynaut [Shaggy Man / Juggernaut]
    Vykin the Black Bolt [Vykin the Black / Black Bolt]
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man(Peter Parker) + Static = Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Batman + Punisher = The Dark Skull
    This sounds more like it would be a Batman/Red Skull amalgam.
    Batman/Punisher should be something like Dark Executioner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    This sounds more like it would be a Batman/Red Skull amalgam.
    Batman/Punisher should be something like Dark Executioner.
    Maybe...The Grim Knight?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

That is not bad. I dare say it could catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Flash and Hulk into the Ripped Flasher.
    I feel like this probably is not appropriate.
    Last edited by TheRay; 05-10-2019 at 11:55 AM.

All-New Member

Who would be a good mix for Marvels Pantheon?

Astonishing Member

You know, a Batman and Hulk amalgam might actually work as both their series have big themes with mental illness and true selves.

Batman + Hulk = Jabberwocky

Joker + Leader = The Mastermind

Bane + Abomination = Monstrosity

Rick Jones + Dick Grayson = Vagabond

Quote Originally Posted by halothair View Post
    Who would be a good mix for Marvels Pantheon?
    Maxie Zues and the New Olympians maybe?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/New_Olympians

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You know, a Batman and Hulk amalgam might actually work as both their series have big themes with mental illness and true selves.
    I thought of a that in the past (called Gargoyle), because Hulk was originally grey and Bruce Banner turned into him at night, plus he kind of represents Marvel's dark side. I liked it because I could mash up the GCPD with Thunderbolt Ross and the US Army, but the downside was Hulk's rogues gallery doesn't have the deepest bench compared to Batman's, which is arguably the best in comics.

Hulk's a weird one for me. The character with the most in common I think is Captain Atom, but Captain Atom has a much deeper tie to the JLA then Hulk has to the Avengers as far as the comics go.

I thought a Hulk/Joker thing would be interesting if Batman were Iron Man or Wolverine, but then what do you do with Hulk's villains? Hulk is a tough one.
    Last edited by edpower; 05-13-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

I'd say my biggest stumbling blocks with my wanting to do a perfect "Joseph Campbell meets TVtropes" Amalgam universe are the following:

Hulk: He's more of a universal monster than a superhero and yet there he is in the Avengers. My best tries are:

+ Swamp Thing = Swamp Hulk. Both the lead green monsters in their universes. Both origins involve scientist doing experiments. Both love interest are relatives of their enemies. Pros: I like the idea od combining John Constantine and Mr. Fix-it. Cons: I hate the idea of Anton Arcane being smooshed with "Thunderbolt" Ross.

+ The Atom = The Quark I just like this one. The idea of getting stronger and smaller at the same time is funny. Ray Palmer seems to have a lot of guilt too. Pros: The 'Sword of the Atom" stuff can tie to the 'Planet Hulk' stuff, and Amadeus Cho and Ryan Choi make good parallels. Cons: What to do with She-Hulk, Doc Samson, etc.

+ Captain Atom = Nuke. Probably the best as far as logic goes. Both have experiments with bombs in their origins. Military enemies/allies, the lead one of whom is involved with the hero's love interest and becomes a super-villain (Red Hulk/The General). Both have evil future versions of themselves (Monarch/Maestro). Both are tied to the 'explosion that kills heroes' in different stories (Capt. Atom in 'Kingdom Come' and Hulk in 'The Last Avengers Story'). Cons: I consider Captain Atom's role in the JL his biggest part of his most essential role in the DCU, where as Hulk's role in the Avengers (in comics) is actually one of his least important. And again, what do you do with Hulk's multiple spin off characters?

+ Shazam = Captain Monster AKA Gammazam!. Pros: It's fun. Both characters physically transform into their alter-egos. I love the idea of She-Hulk combining with Mary Marvel for some reason. I like the idea of combining the US Army with the crocodile men for a little 'lizard people are ruling the earth' conspiracy action. I like Beautia Sivana being smooshed with Betty Ross-Banner. I like the Thing/Hulk rivalry crossing over with the Superman + FF = Fantastic Family smoosh. Cons: I can't really get used to the Sivania/Thunderbolt smoosh (despite the Thaddeus on Thaddeus action), also what do you do with Hulk's darker ideas (Mr. Fix-it, Maestro) and Shazam's goofier ones (Mr. Tawny, Uncle Dudley, etc.)|

+ Batman = Gargoyle. See above post.

Anyway, I'll do another problem area another day. I should really do some work right now.
    Last edited by edpower; 05-13-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Another problem is Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Due to Whizzer and Miss America being the Johnny Quick and Liberty Bell of the Marvel universe, the obvious choice for the Quicksilver smoosh is Jess Quick. Even the name Jesse Quicksilver works.

But then there's Scarlet Witch. The obvious choice is Zatanna (Wandanna the Starlet Witch), but that seems a little dull, and then who is Zatara? Plus, Zatanna is more of a fun character in my mind (despite Identity Crisis) and Wanda is far more tortured, and has actually changed reality itself in 'House of M'.

So, here are the tries I've taken on Scarlet Witch:

+ Elongated Man = Stretching Witch. LOL. This is mostly due to her kids and Elongated Man's wife. I figured the power is as she stretches, reality bends. Plus, it had also fit with a similar idea I'd had for Plastic Man + Dr. Strange. Ralph has a Flash tie, so that can fit with Jesse as well and House of M/Flashpoint.

+ Captain Atom = Quantum Witch. Both are the leaders of teams I'm smooshing: West Coast Avengers/Force Works + JLI/Extreme Justice. Both have broke bad. Both have changed reality due to another team-mate: Wanda via House of M with Quicksilver, and Max Lord used Captain Atom to change the world so they didn't know the JLI existed. In this case, Max Lord and Quicksilver would have been smooshed into Max Velocity.

+ Mary Marvel = Scary Marvel. In this case Shazam would be combined with Quicksilver. Both have been corrupted, and the Batson are the most famous of the DCU's sibling teams. The Shazam family also has magical ties.

+ Jayna from the Wonder Twins = Violet Witch. This is mostly due to the sibling thing, with Zan being smooshed with Quciksilver to make Quickpurple. Plus, Bova can be mixed with Gleek in this case. Pros: Fun. Cons: The Wonder Twins don't have any place near the ties to their universe that Wanda and Peitro have on the Marvel U.

Finally the one that does work the best:

+ Flash III, Wally West = Scarlet Speedster, Wanda West. Pros: Wally's kids and Wanda's can make Wally a good substitute for DC's House of M, Flashpoint. Wally ties easily to Jesse Quick. Wally and Wanda both have ties to West Coast Avengers/JLI and Titans/X-men. A solid Flash tie can equal a smoosh of Gorilla City with Mt. Wundagore. Cons: Wally has way more solo villains/supporting cast then Scarlet Witch does. Wally's ties to Titans run way deeper than Wanda's to the X-men.

Ok. Anyway, that's it for now. Later!
    Last edited by edpower; 05-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    My Cage comic strip:
    Thanks!

Incredible Member

Just imagine a world where hero's were amalgamated with villains......

Lex Luther + iron man
    Batman + green goblin
    Spider man + joker
    Sentry + eclipso
    Prof. X + Hugo strange