Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    wanda has nothing to do with Jean death
    On the other hand,please follow the conversation correctly.

Neither is she responsible for Scott having an affair or merging with Apocalypse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Neither is she responsible for Scott having an affair or merging with Apocalypse.
    Now you are just derailing things.lol.

Actually, the Xorn Retcon says she has.

EDIT: Planet X takes place around the same time as Avengers Disassembled, and the whole Magneto/Xorn twins mess was said to be caused by Wanda.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Alright I've been sitting on this thread to actually think about what I think might happen.

First off, Scott and Jean choose to move through their problems, and as a result, Emma would leave the school just like she was going to at the beginning of Morrison's run (before going back to kill Cassandra Nova), and at the end of Here Comes Tomorrow. The school would be fixed and reopened with Jean and Scott as the co-headmasters, though Jean would be the one of the two more involved in the school aspect - they would lead the X-Men together and by council. Jean does not remain Phoenix, primarily because after her death at the hands of Magneto it is fractured and needs to piece itself back together. Cassandra Nova would target her in that first arc of Astonishing instead. M-Day would happen, no matter how much Jean might have tried to help Wanda with her post traumatic stress.

Unlike what happened under Emma as headmistress, the depowered kids first not be put on a bus and instead be flown home by the X-Men or given the option to stay with their friends and be given their education, and they wouldn't be killed by the Purifiers... at least not by missiles, because as soon as she became aware of them then Jean would have likely stopped them in place. The purifiers might have still tried to infiltrate the school, but it wouldn't have been as extreme or had the same effect. Messiah Complex would have happened, but differently; Jean would have been taken out of the event due to visions from the Phoenix like Rogue because of her coma. It's her idea to move to the west coast and a more secure location.

Second Coming would more or less happen the same way. Schism would happen, but not in the same way - it would still likely be Scott vs Logan, but I don't think Utopia would be as problematic as it was seen at that point. Jean would side with her husband because she largely doesn't disagree with the need to train these kids to defend themelves, and thinks that what Logan is doing is a half measure at best. AvX would happen largely the same, only - it's all a big fakeout. They think that the Phoenix is coming for Hope (though Jean isn't as convinced), but when it reaches the moon it merges with Jean, Tony blasts and kills her, and it splits into the Phoenix Five. The event largely continues the same way. When the Phoenix reconstitutes itself, it does so by reviving Jean, who (along with Wanda) uses Hope to bring mutants back.

Scott's revolution would largely be the same, only without Jean painting him as a straight up villain. If Scemma happens, it'd happen here, but I instead choose to view Jott as being like the Richards family - no matter what they go through they find each other again. Jean would, at this point, lead the X-Men at Xavier's - I think that she basically had the talk with the Phoenix at the end of AvX that she had at the close of Phoenix Resurrection, and is in a similar headspace here that she was at the beginning of Red. The X-Men being split probably does not last as long as it did in canon, the O5 never come forward to make Scott come to his senses because he isn't as extreme and because Jean is there. It's Jean that's on the Ark during Secret Wars. She's not stupid enough to try to fight Doom head on, so she probably survives the event to become one of the few who remembers what happened.

Now... Death of X and IvX. Scott and Jamie probably still die, but I don't think that Jean would have literally paraded around and done the thing. She would have informed the world of what the mists do, and when the Inhumans didn't respond, would have declared war or call to action because of Black Bolt's and Medusa's knowing inaction. Either way, IvX would happen sooner and not as extremely and the mists wouldn't get as bad as they did. Jean would still be leading the X-Men and they'd be in a better position through RessurXion (which would obviously not happen the same) and the events of Red would be the only thing to temporarily supplant her.

End of Grey's would still happen, and Rachel would be sent into space in place of Jean. Obviously Extermination and any story involving the O5 wouldn't happen the same, but maybe something like The Black Vortex still happened in some kind of way with the adult versions of the characters involved and maybe Battle of the Atom happened in some kind of way with Lil Xavier, Raze, and their Brotherhood.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Knowing every What If Story involving Jean it'll probably involve the PF coming back to earth, succeeding to burn everything down and then Jean waking up a million years later in the WHR and walking out to look at the new plant life in this new earth.
    Last edited by silence.; 10-14-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Alright I've been sitting on this thread to actually think about what I think might happen.

First off, Scott and Jean choose to move through their problems, and as a result, Emma would leave the school just like she was going to at the beginning of Morrison's run (before going back to kill Cassandra Nova), and at the end of Here Comes Tomorrow. The school would be fixed and reopened with Jean and Scott as the co-headmasters, though Jean would be the one of the two more involved in the school aspect - they would lead the X-Men together and by council. Jean does not remain Phoenix, primarily because after her death at the hands of Magneto it is fractured and needs to piece itself back together. Cassandra Nova would target her in that first arc of Astonishing instead. M-Day would happen, no matter how much Jean might have tried to help Wanda with her post traumatic stress.

Unlike what happened under Emma as headmistress, the depowered kids first not be put on a bus and instead be flown home by the X-Men or given the option to stay with their friends and be given their education, and they wouldn't be killed by the Purifiers... at least not by missiles, because as soon as she became aware of them then Jean would have likely stopped them in place. The purifiers might have still tried to infiltrate the school, but it wouldn't have been as extreme or had the same effect. Messiah Complex would have happened, but differently; Jean would have been taken out of the event due to visions from the Phoenix like Rogue because of her coma. It's her idea to move to the west coast and a more secure location.

Second Coming would more or less happen the same way. Schism would happen, but not in the same way - it would still likely be Scott vs Logan, but I don't think Utopia would be as problematic as it was seen at that point. Jean would side with her husband because she largely doesn't disagree with the need to train these kids to defend themelves, and thinks that what Logan is doing is a half measure at best. AvX would happen largely the same, only - it's all a big fakeout. They think that the Phoenix is coming for Hope (though Jean isn't as convinced), but when it reaches the moon it merges with Jean, Tony blasts and kills her, and it splits into the Phoenix Five. The event largely continues the same way. When the Phoenix reconstitutes itself, it does so by reviving Jean, who (along with Wanda) uses Hope to bring mutants back.

Scott's revolution would largely be the same, only without Jean painting him as a straight up villain. If Scemma happens, it'd happen here, but I instead choose to view Jott as being like the Richards family - no matter what they go through they find each other again. Jean would, at this point, lead the X-Men at Xavier's - I think that she basically had the talk with the Phoenix at the end of AvX that she had at the close of Phoenix Resurrection, and is in a similar headspace here that she was at the beginning of Red. The X-Men being split probably does not last as long as it did in canon, the O5 never come forward to make Scott come to his senses because he isn't as extreme and because Jean is there. It's Jean that's on the Ark during Secret Wars. She's not stupid enough to try to fight Doom head on, so she probably survives the event to become one of the few who remembers what happened.

Now... Death of X and IvX. Scott and Jamie probably still die, but I don't think that Jean would have literally paraded around and done the thing. She would have informed the world of what the mists do, and when the Inhumans didn't respond, would have declared war or call to action because of Black Bolt's and Medusa's knowing inaction. Either way, IvX would happen sooner and not as extremely and the mists wouldn't get as bad as they did. Jean would still be leading the X-Men and they'd be in a better position through RessurXion (which would obviously not happen the same) and the events of Red would be the only thing to temporarily supplant her.

End of Grey's would still happen, and Rachel would be sent into space in place of Jean. Obviously Extermination and any story involving the O5 wouldn't happen the same, but maybe something like The Black Vortex still happened in some kind of way with the adult versions of the characters involved and maybe Battle of the Atom happened in some kind of way with Lil Xavier, Raze, and their Brotherhood.
    I like this, very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I like this, very well done.
    Thank you

One thing I didn't touch on is Deadly Genesis. Largely, I think that it would happen the same, and it'd probably be THE thing that makes Jean lose faith in Charles if not in his dream - so he still gets kicked out for a while.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I cannot disagree with this more. I understand you're a Jean fan, but claiming that Jean would solve all of the X problems, including the editorial mandated ones, seems a bit much.

Especially blaming Emma for the Purifiers killing the depowered students. I mean, really? REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I cannot disagree with this more. I understand you're a Jean fan, but claiming that Jean would solve all of the X problems, including the editorial mandated ones, seems a bit much.

Especially blaming Emma for the Purifiers killing the depowered students. I mean, really? REALLY?
    Oh, honey. We all know that Emma has a history of getting

her

kids

killed.

Everything else still works in the perimeters of what editorial sets, you're just unhappy that it basically writes Emma out. I keep mostly everything the same, but with the tinge of the idea that 'oh, Jean Grey is there,' and make decisions based on what Jean did in the past or in the future. Jean in AoA stopped more missiles than that. The Phoenix has on numerous times referenced Jean as it's preferred host, so it'd go to her in AvX before anyone. She's not okay with Xavier's seedier tactics in the Astonishing Annual. I can keep going on.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 10-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.

BANNED

Jean would have been able to figure out what was wrong with Wanda (Life Force possession/mental breakdown), something Emma's "let's put her down" was incapable of doing.

Everything after that is very different.

Oh, honey. We all know that Emma has a history of getting
    I unhappy because you're grossly overselling what Jean is capable of, while grossly underselling what Emma does. Or shall we mention all the times Jean messed up and people got hurt as a result?

You're basically selling Jean as this godlike Mary Sue that would magically have the foresight and powers to solve all of the X-universes problems.

So she would have the foresight to ask that the depowered students be sent on an aircraft far away from the school in the middle of a mad attack on the school on the oft chance that they might be laying in wait in the tunnels below with a suicide bomber?

Yeah... no. I'm glad she's your favorite character, but you may as well add Omnipotence to her power set.

Storm, Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, Emma have all had terrible characterizations the past 10 years or so...as a result they're all polarizing characters (though Emma was always polarizing!). Jean would not have been subject to a lot of terrible characterizations. One thing about the past 10 or so years (we're finally getter better stories now) is that the X-Men had been written poorly. I would consider Jean's death a blessing in disguise....

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

Precisely. Real talk those events would play out the same way. Marvel wanted to limit the X-Men. The only difference Jean may have been the one to cause HoM and go crazy as that is her thing. So Xavier's student destroying his Dream so House of X rather then M. Then she would be in limbo for 7 years and come back. Name a single character that has not been character assassinated. Jeans turn will come

You completely ignore the fact that the Purifiers had future knowledge with Nimrods database they would have used it to see what Jean was planning and kill the kids anyway. It's an absolute joke to think editorial would change anything if Jean was there other then set her up to take Wanda's role in HoM