Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Assume she stayed on earth and continued being with Scott:

M day happened, she solved it. Everything’s different. I’ll spare myself here.

M day happened, she couldn’t solve it. Messiah trilogy remained. Deadly genesis remained. But Xavier might not get kicked out of the school. Utopia era remained. X-force was highly likely to remain, also without her awareness. Schism remained and she might gonna pick Logan’s side. Jott broke up. Jogan and Scemma? Maybe, hard to say. AVX remained but I think Logan would stand against Avengers this time. Highly probably no P5. No xiavier’s death. No revolution. Maybe now there are two schools one leaded by Jean&Logan and the other by Scott&Emma (not necessarily Jogan and Scemma) and they are fighting each other but still like a family.

Just some plain imagination. We all know marvel will make everything dramatic and messy, in one way or another.
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 10-13-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Assume she stayed on earth and continued being with Scott:

M day happened, she solved it. Everything’s different. I’ll spare myself here.

M day happened, she couldn’t solve it. Messiah trilogy remained. Deadly genesis remained. But Xavier might not get kicked out of the school. Utopia era remained. X-force was highly likely to remain, also without her awareness. Schism remained and she might gonna pick Logan’s side. Jott broke up. Jogan and Scemma? Maybe, hard to say. AVX remained but I think Logan would stand against Avengers this time. Highly probably no P5. No xiavier’s death. No revolution. Maybe now there are two schools one leaded by Jean&Logan and the other by Scott&Emma (not necessarily Jogan and Scemma) and they are fighting each other but still like a family.

Just some plain imagination. We all know marvel will make everything dramatic and messy, in one way or another.
    I mean would she really pick Logan's side though? If she's willing to forgive Xavier for Deadly Genesis, I think it's reasonable to assume she'd side with Scott's POV during the Schism. After all, I think being an original X-Man would give her a similar perspective. They've always been trained to defend themselves...why should that change? And who's to say she doesn't go through an ideology shift similar to Scott's? Rightclops would have been inconceivable to fans 20 years ago but here we are. I'm rambling a bit but I hope I explained what I mean well enough.

Jean Grey had to die. it was the only way Cyclops character could move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Avengers vs X-men
    Still happens.
    Without a doubt AvX happens(at worse if does happen it is not anywhere near the scope of the original) with Jean around.I mean it was pretty stupid with one Avatar of Phoenix running around and they didn't really consult her. I mean it is pretty hard Cap and Avengers to justify "OMG stop the Phoenix" when Jean Grey and Rachel Grey around to say "uhm we both had the Phoenix for the most part we kept it under control". Literally the X-men are the Phoenix experts and proven world saving Superhero team, I mean can't see the Avengers going all crazy with Jean Grey around to consult and they shouldn't have gone all crazy in real AvX either.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-14-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Jean Grey had to die. it was the only way Cyclops character could move forward.
    And you know this how?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    You would have seen the sublime attempt of character assassination ever witnessed. Given Marvel's multiple attempts to hurt the X-Franchise. Decimation would have happened. Whether it was by Jeans instead of Wandas hand now I don't know. Then Beast finds her in Latveria and sleeps with her.

Either way the Extinction of mutants would still have happened as that is what editorial mandate wanted. Hell Jean might have had a baby in secret with Mastermind and Xavier and that's why Pixie and Kid Omega have pink hair.

Yeah, it was probably for the best that she sat out the Dark Years.

BANNED

You would have seen the sublime attempt of character assassination ever witnessed. Given Marvel's multiple attempts to hurt the X-Franchise. Decimation would have happened. Whether it was by Jeans instead of Wandas hand now I don't know. Then Beast finds her in Latveria and sleeps with her.

Either way the Extinction of mutants would still have happened as that is what editorial mandate wanted. Hell Jean might have had a baby in secret with Mastermind and Xavier and that's why Pixie and Kid Omega have pink hair.
    This is the most possible outcome of all given marvel's treatment towards the x-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    And you know this how?
    The i've watched "Fox-men & WaTX" nth time squade.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Without a doubt AvX happens(at worse if does happen it is not anywhere near the scope of the original) with Jean around.I mean it was pretty stupid with one Avatar of Phoenix running around and they didn't really consult her. I mean it is pretty hard Cap and Avengers to justify "OMG stop the Phoenix" when Jean Grey and Rachel Grey around to say "uhm we both had the Phoenix for the most part we kept it under control". Literally the X-men are the Phoenix experts and proven world saving Superhero team, I mean can't see the Avengers going all crazy with Jean Grey around to consult and they shouldn't have gone all crazy in real AvX either.
    I think we're both in agreement that AvX was dumb.

Real Dumb. For many reasons.
    One of the biggest failures of that event was that the writers failed to effectively rule out talking.
    I mean, why couldn't both teams to just talk it out and work together? Why the grandstanding?

In story, the fighting happened because:

1. The Avengers we're afraid of the Phoenix.

2. The Avengers believed Scott would be unable to listen to reason and work together.

3. Scott believed that if the Avengers took Hope, the planet was doomed (Nathan's time travel message).

The Avengers were right to be afraid of the Phoenix.
    It's all-powerful cosmic force that takes over people and wantonly destroys planets and galaxies.
    Yes, sometimes it can be controlled. Sometimes. But there's no guarantees.

IMO, the Avengers were written as being too afraid. Desperate. Outmatched. Powerless, even.
    I don't think Jean, who the Phoenix successfully used to destroy planets and races before, and who killed herself while fighting for control with it, could've mounted a defense strong enough to calm the Avengers down.

Any chance of both teams working together was shut down - by Logan.
    I'm a bit shocked that this isn't talked about more.

Logan, in his all-consuming 'rrrrhate', poisoned the well on Scott & the Phoenix to the Avengers.
    He absolutely painted them in the worst possible light and effectively eliminated "talking" and "teaming up" from the equation.

I don't think Jean being alive would've changed his feelings on either Scott or the Phoenix - even if Logan's hooked up with Jean at this point.
    His anger at both was just too strong. He still would have done this. Even if Cap had chosen Jean for a Phoenix consult, Logan would've set Cap aside and get his two cents in.
    Given the fear and desperation, Cap would still have doubts after Jean's lack of guarantees and Logan's would've put the final nail in the coffin on "talking".

AvX still happens.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 10-14-2018 at 07:08 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    And you know this how?
    Cyclops changed drastically after Jean's death. A controversial argument among fans if he changed for the best or for the worst.

Emma Frost became the queen of the X-Men.

Both characters became a power couple involved with some of the best X-Men stories we got post Jean's death. Gifted and Second Coming to name a few.

BANNED

From an "out-of-universe" perspective, this is the best answer. Anyone that says Quesada wouldn't give Jean the Gwen treatment is lying to themselves. Hell, she would be even further assassinated as a character. JQ is not one to take lightly. The people who scream "sexism" about the stories then, would have ten times as many reasons to do it today.

Isn't Quentin's hair dyed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Cyclops changed drastically after Jean's death. A controversial argument among fans if he changed for the best or for the worst.

Emma Frost became the queen of the X-Men.

Both characters became a power couple involved with some of the best X-Men stories we got post Jean's death. Gifted and Second Coming to name a few.
    All of this happened because of House of M event,has nothing to do with jean's death.

You wanna "blame" someone,blame the witch.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    All of this happened because of House of M event,has nothing to do with jean's death.

You wanna "blame" someone,blame the witch.
    wanda has nothing to do with Jean death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    wanda has nothing to do with Jean death
    This!This!Speaks a lot!!