Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there beef between Wonder Woman and Supergirl fans?

I feel like Wonder Woman and her hardcore fans get jealous cause Supergirl is younger, hotter, and more powerful.

I can already see fan wars if the Supergirl movie is a huge success cause they will claim Supergirl stole their thunder.

Is there any truth to this?

Ever consider that maybe .......... possibly there are fans who like both very much and think they are both wonderfully super and
    would be very happy if both could make a big impression with movie goers in there up coming movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    I feel like Wonder Woman and her hardcore fans get jealous cause Supergirl is younger, hotter, and more powerful.

I can already see fan wars if the Supergirl movie is a huge success cause they will claim Supergirl stole their thunder.

In all of the years, posting here since this board was created, and back in the DC message boards for a decade before that I have never once heard anyone complain about Karas (or Linda’s) power set, looks or youth and how they compare to Wonder Woman. Or any other female superheroes.

People compare Wonder Woman to Superman. That’s where the arguments start. Stan supergirl all you want. We love all the DC girls.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post

My dude... you are just LOOKING for a fight.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This image should settle it for everyone;

I have seen nothing during my time here to indicate any negative feelings towards Supergirl from Wonder Woman fans.

What I have seen is anger from some Superman fans to the possibility that Supergirl would get a film before the next Superman film. A charitable interpretation would be because they are frustrated over the quality or reception of the DCEU Superman; an uncharitable one would be that they can't stand that Supergirl is more successful or popular than Superman, even for a limited time.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

The only people Wonder Woman fans have a beef with is DC for neglecting Wonder Woman and her universe for 70 years.

I honestly assumed this article was a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I honestly assumed this article was a troll
    Half his threads make it seem like it's a Marvel Zombie trying to stir up more trouble for DC fans.

Besides, the only ones that Wonder Woman and Supergirl fans would have a "beef" with are the morons at DC who frequently don't treat both those franchises better than they do!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No, I think most Wonder Woman fans are at worst neutral to Supergirl if not fans of them both.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    What I have seen is anger from some Superman fans to the possibility that Supergirl would get a film before the next Superman film. A charitable interpretation would be because they are frustrated over the quality or reception of the DCEU Superman; an uncharitable one would be that they can't stand that Supergirl is more successful or popular than Superman, even for a limited time.
    There's more nuance here than what you are implying. The first "charitable" option is closer to the truth. Not every fan is upset at the idea of Supergirl getting a solo film even before the next Superman film. The rumors of having her pre-date Superman as a hero in-universe and getting to fight Brainiac before him when Superman fans having been waiting for that for YEARS is a different story.

You would get the EXACT SAME reaction from Wonder Woman fans if the next film bombs and WB decided to go around her and use Donna Troy with no plans for Diana in the foreseeable future. And have it so Donna left the island and was Wonder Girl even before Diana met Steve in the first film. And have her fight Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There's more nuance here than what you are implying. The first "charitable" option is closer to the truth. Not every fan is upset at the idea of Supergirl getting a solo film even before the next Superman film. The rumors of having her pre-date Superman as a hero in-universe and getting to fight Brainiac before him when Superman fans having been waiting for that for YEARS is a different story.
    That's why I wrote "some" in the first place, and gave two possible options (on different ends of the scale) for interpreting their reaction.

You would get the EXACT SAME reaction from Wonder Woman fans if the next film bombs and WB decided to go around her and use Donna Troy with no plans for Diana in the foreseeable future. And have it so Donna left the island and was Wonder Girl even before Diana met Steve in the first film. And have her fight Circe.
    Here you are arguing a hypothetical.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Here you are arguing a hypothetical.
    So what if I am? That scenario would pretty much be the franchise equivalent to the current (now only rumored) Supergirl scenario we may be getting. Would you have an "uncharitable" view of the WW fans who would be less than thrilled that the franchise is shifting focus to Donna or Cassie and giving them all of Diana's stuff, and possibly making her the spin off of them instead of vice versa?

The WW and Superman fandoms are more alike than either would care to admit most of the time. That's pretty much exactly how they'd react. That's how the fans of any major character would react. Whereas introducing a Wonder Girl in tandem with Diana would be readily embraced by most of the fandom, same as Supergirl being introduced along with Superman.

So what if I am? That scenario would pretty much be the franchise equivalent to the current (now only rumored) Supergirl scenario we may be getting. Would you have an "uncharitable" view of the WW fans who would be less than thrilled that the franchise is shifting focus to Donna or Cassie and giving them all of Diana's stuff, and possibly making her the spin off of them instead of vice versa?
    Do note that I evaluated actual responses in the Superman forum; you can read for yourself, just follow the reference in the quote.

I'd disagree. There have been lots of crapping on Supergirl in various, smaller and greater ways, both in this thread and in the DCEU Superman Appreciation thread. I'm including some commentary as well.

Would Wonder Woman fans have the "EXACT SAME reaction" to that though? For one, Diana fans are usually very fond of Donna, far more than Clark fans are of Kara. Secondly, some WW fans would actively welcome Circe being assigned to Donna as there is a slight aversion to "public domain villains" fighting Diana herself.

Superman has had 6 solo cinematic movies, two other theatrical appearances, and countless television shows and other media appearances. One franchise where Supergirl predates him shouldn't bring about so much doom and gloom.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I like them both, but I dispute the hotter thing.

This gentleman does not prefer blondes.

And Supergirl has a long, long, long, long way to go before ever coming close to stealing any thunder. Wonder Woman is the quintessential, most iconic superheroine that has ever existed.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier