View Poll Results: Should Superman kill?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never. He always finds another way.

22 43.14%
  • Only when there is no other option.

29 56.86%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This isn't about him being a coward he wasn't but not wanting innocents to die is not the same as being against killing especially when the character is a vigilante which superheroes are the film.

In the episode of My Silicon Soul of Batman TAS as Hardac Android Duplicate of Batman "killed" itself when it thought it had killed the real Batman. Why? Because it was programmed to have Bruce's code of ethics which for that version of Batman was a strict no kill policy. It earned its oh my god I killed a man moment because it clearly established Bruce Wayne of that show would never kill anyone. MoS never established that version of Clark was against killing to protect others so trying to have the OMG I killed a man doesn't work. I mean they could had simply done a throw away line where Clark mentions being Vegan or something to establish he was against killing living beings even for food and I'd bought his anguish over Zod.
    sorry I don't understand your reasoning. MOS Superman never thought he'd have to kill a person, just like most people. It was SHOWN repeatedly in the film that he really cared about people and did everything to save them. He didn't have to TELL us his inner feelings all the time because we could see it. I could see it. To me you're just trying too hard to dismiss his actions.

I never want to hear Superman saying that he can't kill. In his line of work, there is always the possibility. I want him to show that he truly cares and does all he can to preserve innocent lives. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This isn't about him being a coward he wasn't but not wanting innocents to die is not the same as being against killing especially when the character is a vigilante which superheroes are the film.

In the episode of My Silicon Soul of Batman TAS as Hardac Android Duplicate of Batman "killed" itself when it thought it had killed the real Batman. Why? Because it was programmed to have Bruce's code of ethics which for that version of Batman was a strict no kill policy. It earned its oh my god I killed a man moment because it clearly established Bruce Wayne of that show would never kill anyone. MoS never established that version of Clark was against killing to protect others so trying to have the OMG I killed a man doesn't work. I mean they could had simply done a throw away line where Clark mentions being Vegan or something to establish he was against killing living beings even for food and I'd bought his anguish over Zod.
    I mean, by all means brother, you do you. But I feel like you're ignoring a pretty solid amount of evidence presented in the film that tells us everything we need to know about Clark and his ethics. And if nothing else, that scream of anguish at the end should've been enough to tip everyone off. If you couldn't physically feel that man's pain right there......damn, I dunno what to tell you.

But seriously, the narrative checks just about all the boxes necessary to understand Clark's actions short of dialogue explicitly spoon feeding us the information. I'm not sure why you're not looking at that evidence, but whatevs, its all good. Maybe the next Superman film will be more to your liking.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.