Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Would you read the Fantastic Five??

In spider man number one .spiderman attempts to join the fantastic four. in what if numbe rone sue storm felt out of place and married submariner. So if. marvel decied to have spider mman join the ff. would readers want to read the adventures of fantastic five wwith spider man solo ttile??

I wouldn't mind them adding an additional member to the team as long as it keep the family dynamic. Although Spider-Man already did join them during the whole Future Foundation thing, and I think a lot of people want Dan Slott as far away from Spider-Man as he can at the moment so maybe someone else.

iMan 42s

I would read it, it just needs a good hook to keep me reading it.

If I had the opportunity to do anything with it, I'd suggest using Doombot more than Spider-man given that him being imprinted by Doctor Doom makes him a target and potential opponent, but also in that Doombot can be flat-out goofy which is what makes his interactions fun. You also have potential gold for a dynamic with of all things, Herbie.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

So basically it would be a Spider-Man book
    The J-man

I'd read almost anything FF related, but would not be enthused about a Fantastic Five with Spider-Man.

The FF need to regain popularity and fans, Spider-Man is so popular that he would take away from the others. It would just be another Spider-Man book with that Fantastic Four as the supporting cast. No thanks.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I thought this thread meant the MC2 universe Fantastic Five. That I did read a few back issues of and kind of liked it especially since it included Lyja and Kristoff. I wish they'd make more use of him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'd read almost anything FF related, but would not be enthused about a Fantastic Five with Spider-Man.

The FF need to regain popularity and fans, Spider-Man is so popular that he would take away from the others. It would just be another Spider-Man book with that Fantastic Four as the supporting cast. No thanks.
    mostly this,

he's ok as a guest star

The idea of 5 members maybe, they could do with more muscle imo so maybe thundra who I think is underused or crystal

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I prefer Spider-Man as a solo hero.

If there was a fifth member of FF then I would like Wyatt Wingfoot to fill the spot. I always kind of dug Wyatt as the practical natural skilled guy with his expert marksman, tracker, animal knowledge and hand to hand combat skills.

The FF + Peter?

Anytime: he's part of the family!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There are two mini-series with the five of them, both titled "Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four" only the one by Jeff Parker and Waid Weiringo has the "Silver Rage" added to it. The other is by Christos Gage and Mario Alberti.

https://www.comixology.com/Spider-Ma...cs-series/1043

https://www.comixology.com/Spider-Ma...cs-series/4531
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

No, but for some reason I've never liked Peter in a team book. Team-ups, yes, but full blown team never. Not FF. Not Avengers. No team books at all. He's the ultimate solo character to me given his powerset and his day to day operations environment. That's not to say that he can't still be the glue to the Marvel Universe.

I'd read a Fantastic Five book centered around the original FF + one other character. Or even an FF5 with Sue, Johnny and Thing at the core plus two other characters, perhaps a married couple with children that Franklin could play with (and get into lots of trouble). FF5 would bring together two great families and close family friends to face all manner of craziness, from the mundane to the cosmic. The only question is who would that second family be?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I'm not sure this would have been a good idea. Part of the FF's appeal has been their family structure and the lack of any real membership change. Sure, an occasional different fourth or even thrid member happens, but we always go back to Sue, Reed, Ben, and Johnny. And early change in membership with Peter would have identifid the FF as a team with a far more flexible roster.

And the first issue of What If (reprinted as a True Believers edition is a nice read.

I probably would have read it.

I'm not sure about Fantastic Five but I would like to see another Fantastic Four + Spider-man mini-series.

I wouldn't mind a fantastic five, just not with Spiderman. It would turn into his book. Maybe add another family member instead.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I wouldn't mind that either. Both of those Ravin Ray mentions were very entertaining. The second one by Cristos Gage and Mario Alberti played around in a fun way with FF history through the years.