I don't think I agree the X-Men couldn't exist in the DCU. In their own Universe they have plenty of good-guy superheroes, even if they aren't complete paragons. What sets them apart is the notion that their powers are genetically inherited, they can be your children, they often look scary or can do scary things, and they might just replace ordinary human beings. There's still plenty of room for society to hate Mystique and Magneto while cheering on Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
The X-Men would be scattered all over. Gambit for sure would be on suicide squad. Storm would probably occupy the space of Vixen in the DC universe or be nonexistent considering how few african characters show up in the DC landscape. Rogue would end up at ARGUS or some other shadowy organization. Cyclops likely would just be a regular joe schmoe after an arc where some other hero has to get his powers under control. Jean would probably get the Phoenix force and become a big event villain. Beast would link up with Ray Palmer. And so on and so forth.
I like this idea, a lot of characters fit in a lot of different places. Hank and Ray would make a great team.