Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Batman would still be GOD

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I said they would exist. The FF were basically Rip Hunter's crew, or Cave Carson's crew, or the Sea Devils who flew into space. Each of those three books were about a scientist, his GF, his brawny buddy, and a pesky kid whoo in two of the three books was the GF's little brother. No reason they wouldn't have tried a fourth set of characters.
    Bah, miss read it. I'm sorry.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I think the Ultimates would be one of the few Marvel teams that would crossover relatively untouched. They would probably add a Lantern and John Stewart would probably be the best candidate considering he's the smartest and most disciplined of the Earth Lanterns so he'd mesh well with the others. If not him then White Lantern Kyle would fit pretty well too.

I do see America Chavez building a mentor/big sister relationship with Sideways tho.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Cap and Namor would be members of earth-2's JSA. Cap would be best buds with Hawkman and Jay Garrick. Namor would be less harsh and vengeful due to earth-2 Kal-L's influence.

Capt Marvel Monica Rambeau and Magneto would be members of earth-1's JLA. Magneto would be best buds with earth-1 Kal-El on a less discriminatory world. Spider-Man would be a member of the New Teen Titans. The other Marvel heroes would be regular jills and joes on a gentler earth. Batman would forget about Catwoman and marry Monica Rambeau.
    Last edited by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier; 10-14-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Bah, miss read it. I'm sorry.
    No worries. I've made far worse mistakes.

I could actually see the X-Men being more in line with the Outsiders.

The original Thunderbolts (when they were an evil villains masquerading as heroes) would be led by Lex Luthor.

Clark Kent and Peter Parker would work at the same newspaper. There would be a Superman/Spider-Man team up comic.

There is a Daredevil / Sinestro storyline. Daredevil, the Man without Fear versus the Yellow Ring of fear.

Vril Dox as a Guardian of the Galaxy. Lobo too.

Ego would be a Yellow Lantern I think. Maybe Red.

I do think New Warriors, Young Avengers, and Champions would still happen even with Teen Titans being around. Instead of being Titans East and Titans West, they would simply be new names for the teams. Because as teenagers they got mad at one another.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Ego would be a Yellow Lantern I think. Maybe Red.
    Ego and Mogo. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I sorta feel if the X-Men/Mutants lived in the same universe as DC Universe they probably wouldn't exist at all. Cyclops would be a guy working at a desk job, Storm would still be in Africa, and Wolverine would be either running around naked in the woods somewhere in Canada or working on some military like team that is ok with him stabbing people every now and again.

With the people in the DC Universe being relatively ok with super people "mutants" may not even be a term. I feel that the DC people along with the people on Marvel who are fine with mutants would have evolved passed that king of bigotry. Another reason why I say that is because in JLA vs. Avengers it was mention that the Marvel earth was smaller in comparison to the DC Universe. Therefore, DC people should out number Marvel people. So the ideals of the more open minded would have at the very least suppressed the minds of feeble from taking such a strong hold over the treatment of a people.

Anyway, some of the X-Men may join up with super hero teams (mostly the ones who may not have any other choice but to. Examples: Rogue, Beast, Nightcrawler, ect.) but I think for the most part the core team as we know it would never have existed.
    Yeah this. One of the fundamental differences between Marvel and DC is this idea that Marvel is more "realistic" for a lack of a better term. The X-Men deal with persecution because of their differences with humanity. DC thy would be celebrated and treated with respect. A lot of Marvel characters face some form of persecution for being different and that's core to their character. (Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, etc.) There are DC characters like that but it's not as common, when DC tries to pull the whole people don't trust superheroes or civilians hate heroes or what not a lot of people roll their eyes at this. It's like with BVS all these real life reactions to Superman, "is he needed or not?", "should he do everything?", and all that just feels wrong in a mainstream DCU. DC heroes are paragons and larger than life figures who inspire others, having a universe like that but then having one specific team like the X-Men be hated would feel wrong.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah this. One of the fundamental differences between Marvel and DC is this idea that Marvel is more "realistic" for a lack of a better term. The X-Men deal with persecution because of their differences with humanity. DC thy would be celebrated and treated with respect. A lot of Marvel characters face some form of persecution for being different and that's core to their character. (Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, etc.) There are DC characters like that but it's not as common, when DC tries to pull the whole people don't trust superheroes or civilians hate heroes or what not a lot of people roll their eyes at this. It's like with BVS all these real life reactions to Superman, "is he needed or not?", "should he do everything?", and all that just feels wrong in a mainstream DCU. DC heroes are paragons and larger than life figures who inspire others, having a universe like that but then having one specific team like the X-Men be hated would feel wrong.
    Maybe the X-Men would be Suicide Squad then. People with powers forced to help the government simply because they have powers.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Maybe the X-Men would be Suicide Squad then. People with powers forced to help the government simply because they have powers.
    Thats not the suicide squad though. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen with villains.

Really, the only way I could see the X-Men being a thing in Marvel + DC world is if Charles Xavier just wanted his own superhero team because he was a bored rich guy. However, in that circumstance certain core X-Men still would not be X-Men. Characters like Cyclops, Colossus, Storm, Gambit, possibly Jean Grey, and a few others would have never joined the team under those conditions.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Xavier’s school could exist as a place for superpowered beings to learn how to use their powers.

The X-Men would be scattered all over. Gambit for sure would be on suicide squad. Storm would probably occupy the space of Vixen in the DC universe or be nonexistent considering how few african characters show up in the DC landscape. Rogue would end up at ARGUS or some other shadowy organization. Cyclops likely would just be a regular joe schmoe after an arc where some other hero has to get his powers under control. Jean would probably get the Phoenix force and become a big event villain. Beast would link up with Ray Palmer. And so on and so forth.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Thats not the suicide squad though. Suicide Squad is The Dirty Dozen with villains.
    If you think of Suicide Squad as people with powers being forced to use their powers for good, or how the Government wants them to use them. Then yes, many members of the X-Men might find themselves on Suicide Squad. It is a loose interpretation of what Suicide Squad is, but this is an amalgamation.

Oh, and we would have first the Brainiac / Ultron team up. Following by the Brainiac/ Ultron War.