Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman's Cape....Yay or Nay?

Personally, I just think it looks clunky and out of place. It's almost as if they thought the other two members of the Trinity had them, so Diana needed one too....which just isn't the case!

Nay. I'm not a fan of it. At all.

Nay, looks off.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I like Diana wearing a cloak at times; it's a signal she is going to go travelling or live rough for a time. But it needs to be of a design to fit that purpose, and not used too much.

The one she wore in Justice League Dark was too light and too small IMO, and didn't add anything to her character, but it didn't disturb me too much. The one in the movie was good.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    It's almost as if they thought the other two members of the Trinity had them, so Diana needed one too....which just isn't the case!
    Maybe she should just wear it in Trinity images, in non-combative mode.

Definitely nay

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Arrive flying with the cape like a queen, then take it off to fight like a boxer.
    Then put it on again as she said the one line or moral of the day before she leaves flying like a boss.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't like the black cape and it clashes with other parts of her costume. I really like the cape Lynda Carter wore on the Wonder Woman TV show. The current red cape is decent.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So long as she wears it only in more casual situations I really like her red cloak cape. When she get's into a fight she should take it off of course. But outside of combat it adds a lot to her royal, mythic look. It makes her look much more like someone who came from an ancient society. Plus I think I think it just looks really good. https://i.imgur.com/w5Na14T.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    So long as she wears it only in more casual situations I really like her red cloak cape. When she get's into a fight she should take it off of course. But outside of combat it adds a lot to her royal, mythic look. It makes her look much more like someone who came from an ancient society. Plus I think I think it just looks really good. https://i.imgur.com/w5Na14T.jpg
    That's one proper cloak for Diana, yes.

As an alternative to taking it off, she could gird her loins. Also works with long formal dresses, ball gowns, and similar.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's one proper cloak for Diana, yes.

As an alternative to taking it off, she could gird her loins. Also works with long formal dresses, ball gowns, and similar.
    Yeah. I think there's an air of formality when Diana wears the cloak (or cape or whatever it is).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Nay. Only when she's traveling.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Yay. If two of DC's Trinity sports capes, then it makes sense for Diana to wear a Cape as well. Also there's a only a very sparse amount of female characters who wear capes. I know some do. New 52 Zatanna, Phantom Lady sometimes, Raven, but compared to the amount of male superheroes who wear capes, it's very small.

I think a cape for ceremonial or official purposes but she shouldn't be wearing one as regularly as Batman and Superman do.

I think Diana's cloak (or cape) more should be an outdoors and travelling garment: it's used for practicality and for protection against the elements. It can still be a decorated and rich piece of garment to show her status, but practicality comes first.

When she needs to present herself formally, I guess she'd wear a chiton or a peplos under a himation, or some other clothing from ancient times.