View Poll Results: Which character will feature in the opening flashback?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wonder Woman

1 33.33%
  • Zatanna

1 33.33%
  • Swamp Thing

0 0%
  • Man-Bat

0 0%
  • Detective Chimp

0 0%
  • Constantine

1 33.33%
  • No flashback in this issue

0 0%
  • Other, as explained in comments

0 0%

Default Justice League Dark #4 (The Witching Hour 3/5)

So which one of our heroes will feature in a flashback scene to open this issue of Justice League Dark? From the solicitation:

“The Witching Hour” part three! Everything the Justice League Dark thought they knew about Wonder Woman and Hecate has proven to be wrong...and the Parliament of Trees is about to pay the price! Hecate knows this world isn’t strong enough to resist the Otherkind, so she’s going to burn it down and replace it with a world of her own...starting with that ancient grove!

The preview is finally up!

You play with forces that you don’t understand, you’re likely to get hurt. Even if you’re one of the world’s greatest superheroes. That’s a lesson that Wonder Woman is learning in the most frightening way possible in “The Witching Hour,” the gripping crossover event taking place right now in both WONDER WOMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. After learning that she has been witch-marked by Hecate, Wonder Woman and her allies on the Justice League’s supernatural wing sought help from Circe, Diana’s longtime adversary, in the pages of last week’s WONDER WOMAN #56. After an initial confrontation, Circe quickly realizes the seriousness of Wonder Woman’s plight, and the threat to magic in general. Welcoming them in, she offers to help Diana use the power that the witch-mark provides without leaving herself open to the triple goddess’s influence—a plan Zatanna strongly opposes. But unwilling to let the world be unraveled by Hecate, Diana forges ahead with it anyhow.

And perhaps just in time. Another one of Hecate’s witch-marked, Manitou Dawn, has fallen under the goddess’s control and attacked Nanda Parbat. Can Diana use Hecate’s own power against her? For answers, look to part three of “The Witching Hour” in tomorrow’s JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #4. Or allow us to perform some magic of our own as we pry open our metaphysical eye (otherwise known as our comics reader) for an exclusive first look at the issue right now. Enjoy!
    And the answer to the question in the OP turns out to be… no flashback!

Circe looks so smug, there's no way she won't betray them

Well, it's clear that things went from bad to worse in this issue, and now they've split the party as well!

Loved this issue, the art and magic effects are gorgeous. I hope Zatanna gets her powers back and gets a big anime fight too

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Circe looks so smug, there's no way she won't betray them
    I’m counting on it.

This issue was really epic. So far this book is all I ever wanted out of a mystic JL.
    LOVE how Tynion is showcasing so many different pieces and characters of the DCU. I can't wait to see what happens with Hecate's coven. Those characters have so much unrealized potential.

Another great issue. I can't wait for the next issue of the crossover and see who else is witchmarked.

I think all the witchmarked but one has been revealed now (Diana, Rebecca Carstairs/Witchfire, Manitou Dawn, Alba Garcia/Black Orchid).

The issue was good, but also clearly a middle one, it's pretty focused on setting up the Zatanna–Diana confrontation. I think the next issue will have some pacing and narrative split issues to deal with, since that confrontation must be somewhat on hold in the next issue in preparation for the grand finale, and they need to bring in the Greek gods and at least one more magician.

Right now I'm guessing that the lasso of truth will play a role in helping Zatanna reach Diana, given its soul-linking capability; there is no way Tynion isn't aware of that trick.

Nanda Parbat gets destroyed about as often as JLA headquarters or Avengers mansion. Sheesh!
    Still a great issue though!

Well, now I'm going to talk about my two pet peeves with this book
    1. Detective Chimp and Man-Bat barely get any focus and feel tacked on

2. Zatanna most annoying character traits from n52 seemed to have carried over here

Always Rakzo

Welp, it seems like my initial fears about Tynion's JLD are becoming true. The first storyarc was solid enough but this one is pretty underwhelming so far. The last chapter that took place in Wonder Woman's title was incredibly dull due that barely anything happened and this one was just a mess with terribly erratic pacing and overwrought third person narration along with a fairly predictable ending based on what happened early on.

Great art at least.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Well, now I'm going to talk about my two pet peeves with this book
    1. Detective Chimp and Man-Bat barely get any focus and feel tacked on

2. Zatanna most annoying character traits from n52 seemed to have carried over here
    The cover to the January issue teases a possible spotlight on Man-Bat.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

Awesome issue. Hopefully it continues to be solid.

Read the issue, it was really good. I think Man-Bat will be very important later in the series, he's a science-based character and has no full experience with the realm of mysticism but I think he has a mystical connection to the Red which he does not know about.