Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Just let the people vote for the Oscar-winners. Let Hollywood prove that they can do elections better and more fairly than the American election system works. Never happen - because its an inbred bunch of cowards running Hollywood.
    The people do vote, it's called buying movie tickets.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The people do vote, it's called buying movie tickets.
    That doesn't factor into the Oscar vote, though. Its run through a select number of people who screen special "Oscar versions" of pre-selected candidate movies and vote on them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, the song from that movie gave Celine Dion her fifteen minutes of fame she's milked for two decades. There was a member (his name eludes me) here who gushed over Dion to a ridiculous degree that he kinda sorta became an annoyance.
    yeah... I remember that. at first I thought it was funny... then we all begin to realize how deadly serious he was. he was also a rabid Storm fan - that might have played an instrumental role in the start of Storm rumbles getting banned.

here we are:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nadian-history

BANNED

That doesn't factor into the Oscar vote, though. Its run through a select number of people who screen special "Oscar versions" of pre-selected candidate movies and vote on them.
    More importantly, the Oscar vote doesn't factor in to ticket sales.

If anyone is paying more attention to the Oscars than Golden Globes, they don't really understand how movies should be rated in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    yeah... I remember that. at first I thought it was funny... then we all begin to realize how deadly serious he was. he was also a rabid Storm fan - that might have played an instrumental role in the start of Storm rumbles getting banned.

here we are:

That was scary.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Just let the people vote for the Oscar-winners. Let Hollywood prove that they can do elections better and more fairly than the American election system works. Never happen - because its an inbred bunch of cowards running Hollywood.
    They already do that with their money.

20000 movie wokns would sound better for me.

here we are:

You had to feel sorry for RLAAMJR, he was way to emotionally invested in female pop singers and a comic book character. I think he was Filipino and did not have a great personal life.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

If people voted generic set piece movies like Avengers with average everything would win best pictures and the award wouldn’t matter anymore. We already have people’s choice awards. Nobody cares about them

Extraordinary Member

here we are:

I was still lurking when their was a thread where people were ranking the greatest science fiction characters ever and I think it was rather sizable in terms of posters. Long story short, Storm got one of the top spots next to characters like Vader because that one person campaigned like crazy. It was baffling

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I was still lurking when their was a thread where people were ranking the greatest science fiction characters ever and I think it was rather sizable in terms of posters. Long story short, Storm got one of the top spots next to characters like Vader because that one person campaigned like crazy. It was baffling
    His personal self worth was unfortunately bound to a comic character and pop divas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If people voted generic set piece movies like Avengers with average everything would win best pictures and the award wouldn’t matter anymore. We already have people’s choice awards. Nobody cares about them
    Nobody really cares about any awards show. The difference is the Oscars been around longer and they are much better at marketing their show.

I think people are interesting in the Oscars show because of the stars. I don't think it matters much for the box office. Except for small movies most didn't see. Then they can get a ticket sale or rental bump.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think people are interesting in the Oscars show because of the stars. I don't think it matters much for the box office. Except for small movies most didn't see. Then they can get a ticket sale or rental bump.
    True. I quit watching award shows back in the 1970's when it seemed more "What's she wearing this time?" sort of fashion show. Bored to tears. Last time was I think 1978 only because one school class required a report. I can't even remember who won best pic.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    True. I quit watching award shows back in the 1970's when it seemed more "What's she wearing this time?" sort of fashion show. Bored to tears. Last time was I think 1978 only because one school class required a report. I can't even remember who won best pic.
    I only been watching the last couple of years, because of the unfortunate political climate of the USA for the last two years.

Tony awards tend to be more entertaining for me these days. Less political and more focused on actual entertainment rather than hollywood whoopdedoo and pretend American royalty.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.