Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wonder Dome

Default The Wonder Dome

During post crisis there was some effort to revive the concept of the invisible plane by making it 'the Wonder Dome' a sort of mobile fortress of solitude that could turn invisible and travel freely anywhere, containing theoretically anything Wonder Woman could ever need.

It wound up being used as an embassy for the most part and for a short bit as a weapon for ending wars, but ive often wondered at how useful it would have been if the thing had instead been converted into a means of providing disaster relief. Stick a couple dozen Amazonian physicians on there, install a purple ray, fill it with supplies to supply a cities worth of people for a week. Its the size of a football stadium and could be used to evacuate thousands of people at a time. And like the invisible jet, it naturally could manage space travel.

Huh, for some reason that first pic minimizes...Must be because of the size.
    https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...wonderdome.jpg

Also it fell in love with her.

I do prefer her having it over the Hall of Justice (that should belong to the League).

We had another discussion about the Wonderdome a few months back, it's well worth a look and contains a few more tidbits about it.

I like the idea of using it for disaster relief. It still won't obviate the way many disasters are created, but it will be able to transport huge amount of supplies into the remotest areas.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    We had another discussion about the Wonderdome a few months back, it's well worth a look and contains a few more tidbits about it.

I like the idea of using it for disaster relief. It still won't obviate the way many disasters are created, but it will be able to transport huge amount of supplies into the remotest areas.
    Ah, I didn't realize we had a thread like that back in April.

An interesting discussion that does point out some good flaws in the original concept. The Wonder Dome as it was initially created was interesting in design but was not properly utilized in a way that really lent itself to Wonder Womans mission.

If used for disaster relief, it could be populated by doctors, physicians, and rescue personel with the Wonder Dome used to transport them into any situation to rescue those in need, bring aboard anyone in need of attention, tend to the injured and keep them in a safe place as their treated. Send supplies to those in need or in the worst of scenarios provide a means of evacuation for large groups of people.

The Wonder Dome used in such a way would make it a very useful aspect of Wonder Womans mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize we had a thread like that back in April.

An interesting discussion that does point out some good flaws in the original concept. The Wonder Dome as it was initially created was interesting in design but was not properly utilized in a way that really lent itself to Wonder Womans mission.
    No problem; there are lots of old discussions around here.

I still think my original issues with the Wonderdome would remain: what purpose would it serve to reflect and deepen the way Diana is characterised? But your disaster relief idea at least would fit better with the capabilities of the dome than simply being stuck in place as an embassy building, and fit Diana's character better than being used as a giant weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No problem; there are lots of old discussions around here.

I still think my original issues with the Wonderdome would remain: what purpose would it serve to reflect and deepen the way Diana is characterised? But your disaster relief idea at least would fit better with the capabilities of the dome than simply being stuck in place as an embassy building, and fit Diana's character better than being used as a giant weapon.
    I feel that it would put more focus into aspects of Diana such as her desire to help people and her efforts to not simply stop criminals but to also deal with the deeper problems. Her first feat in her first comic was rescuing a dying man, inventing a new medical technique to treat him, and ensuring he made a swift recovery. She would go on to become a nurse as her secret identity and a reaccuring aspect of her character was someone who would try to treat and aid those in need.

Having the Wonder Dome be used to provide relief and help to the injured emphasizes that she isn't someone who simply tries to stop the war and goes off on her merry way. But that she is someone who would stick around to help with the rebuilding and not be satisfied until the people are able to prosper.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

It should be built by Diana and Amazons. I am tired of everything Amazons have being a Gift from God or finding it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    It should be built by Diana and Amazons. I am tired of everything Amazons have being a Gift from God or finding it somewhere.
    Agreed, and the way they established the invisible jet being created in Ruckas run certainly would set the stage for a Wonder Dome as well.

One thing that many fans hated was that he made Diana feel isolated. If the Wonder Dome is to be brought back why not have it be able to be where she beings her villains? Or hold important weapons. Another idea I have is that maybe he could be used as her home. It's not flying but when it's on ground. Since she an transported anywhere. Better yet it's part of the technology to make the JL space station

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Quite true. I do not believe that we have seen a nothing created by the Amazons in some time. I like the idea of the Wonder Dome.

If DC decides to abandon the Amazons being bound to the island thing, it would be nice if the Wonder Dome was staffed by her fellow Amazons

Amazing Member

The wonder dome (lansinarian egg) was a really great concept and a fantastic addition to the WW world.

It does need to be reintroduced.

Using it as an emergency relief unit is brilliant.
    Last edited by Serpis; 10-22-2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a thing

I think the idea of a mobile base is cool.

I think it needs a better name.