All-New Member

Default A question about collected editions and Marvel...

I want to collect modern Marvel comic books in collected editions. I want to buy the most important books from the 2000 and forward. I will begin from straczynski´s Spider-man series and continue to today. My questions are:

1) Which other series and "superheroes" books are worth to collect? I want to follow Marvel biggest events too. Avengers? Iron Man?
    2) Which ones are a must have?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham83 View Post
    I want to collect modern Marvel comic books in collected editions. I want to buy the most important books from the 2000 and forward. I will begin from straczynski´s Spider-man series and continue to today. My questions are:

1) Which other series and "superheroes" books are worth to collect? I want to follow Marvel biggest events too. Avengers? Iron Man?

Unless you're content with trade paperbacks, you might want to wait on Straczynski's Spider-Man run. That's being released in omnibus form in May of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham83 View Post

Step back two year and start with 1998
    That is when Marvel re-launched many titles like Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Iron Man, Mighty Thor, and Avengers.
    It was soon flowed by Marvel Knights banner and than titles going back to original numbering and than lots of big events and
    re-launchings after re-launchings.

Here's a list of must-haves. I don't care for Bendis, so I'm not listing any of his work.

Jonathan Hickman's runs on Fantastic Four and Avengers (Including the "Infinity" event)
    Secret Warriors (Hickman)
    Ultimate Comics: Ultimates (Hickman/Ribic)
    Avengers World vol 1: Aimpire (Hickman/Caselli)

Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America up until the "Two Americas" storyline (It gets weak by that point).
    Daredevil by Brubaker & Lark omnibus vol 2

Planet Hulk

Annihilation ---I only liked the main storyline by Giffen/DiVito
    Annihilation: Conquest is alright. It introduces the modern Guardians of the Galaxy group seen in the films, and it's particularly worth reading if you include the issues from Nova.

Straczynski's run on Thor (There's an omnibus, but it might be hard to find)

Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen omnibus

Thunderbolts: Faith in Monsters

Hellstorm by Warren Ellis omnibus

New X-Men Omnibus (Grant Morrison)
    Astonishing X-Men Ultimate Collection book 1 & 2 (Whedon/Cassaday)----This should be read after Morrison's New X-Men run

All-New Captain America (Remender/Immonen)---Fun storyline with Sam Wilson as Cap. Unfortunately, this comic was left on a cliffhanger due to the Marvel Universe getting a reboot.

Supreme Power (Straczynski/Frank)
    Squadron Supreme: The Pre-War Years (Straczynski/Frank)
    Silver Surfer: Requiem (Straczynski/Ribic)

Garth Ennis's Punisher Max work:
    Punisher Max omnibus by Garth Ennis vol 1
    Punisher Max omnibus by Garth Ennis vol 2
    Fury Max
    Punisher Platoon

I haven't read Superior Spider-Man by Dan Slott yet (Features Otto Octavius possessing Peter Parker as Spidey), but it's supposed to be entertaining.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Brubaker Captain America
    Bendis Dark Avengers
    Hickman Fantastic Four
    Old Man Logan
    Rucka Punisher
    Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man
    Civil War
    Brubaker Iron Fist
    Fraction Hawkeye