Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If Michael Bay directing I'd say Aquaman wins hands down but he's not and then they showed this

https://goo.gl/images/jeRVVZ

The Bee is going to give Aquaman competition IMO.

Because as much as Bumblebee has the baggage of the Bayformers Aquaman has the baggage of the DCEU and Bumblebee like Mary Poppins Returns has nostalgia going for it.
    There is pretty significant buzz building around Aquaman, but not much yet for Bumblebee. I think a majority of the public hadn't even registered that there is a Bumblebee movie, while Aquaman is building a lot of steam.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There is pretty significant buzz building around Aquaman, but not much yet for Bumblebee. I think a majority of the public hadn't even registered that there is a Bumblebee movie, while Aquaman is building a lot of steam.
    Well, that Aquaman actor is hot right now. I mean that he's got a lot of positive buzz with his movie roles. Being an astoundingly handsome bastich don't hurt either.

That Bumblebee nonsense is not even a blip on mainstream audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If Michael Bay directing I'd say Aquaman wins hands down but he's not and then they showed this

https://goo.gl/images/jeRVVZ

The Bee is going to give Aquaman competition IMO.
    That doesn't look good. Not the slightest interest here in that franchise, sorry.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Greg Berlanti, who is in charge of the CW shows, did try to do a DC Movie with Green Lantern, which is one of the most critically derided superhero movies of the post-Iron Man era.

Berlanti has had a lot of success in TV, but I just don't think he's a movie guy. The mawkish cutseypoo stuff that's in a lot of his shows is not something I want to see in a movie. There's enough good stuff in his TV seasons that I can overlook the bad stuff, but a movie is a one-shot event every few years, and it has to be done right. I don't think Berlanti and his crew are the ones to do it. I also don't think the actors are capable of giving off that movie star wattage for the most part.

Tyler Hoechlin starring in a Superman movie? Just no.
    I do think that the CW shows are very televisual so I wouldn't immediately think that they would translate to the big screen. Though, yeah, I can't imagine anyone but Melissa Benoist as Supergirl.

I don't agree about Berlanti, though. He made Love, Simon just this year and it was pretty terrific.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

Warner Bros. has announced that they're going to do a streaming service. There's already a DC streaming service. It seems like eventually all the shows will be on streaming. At the same time, the theatrical experience seems to be dying out as more people watch movies on streaming. So if we come to a time when most of what we watch is on streaming--does it matter the length? If you watch a two hour Flash or twenty hour Flash, but it's all the same platform, is one Flash of greater value than another? It feels like movies and TV shows are both moving towards the same middle and the same medium.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Warner Bros. has announced that they're going to do a streaming service. There's already a DC streaming service. It seems like eventually all the shows will be on streaming. At the same time, the theatrical experience seems to be dying out as more people watch movies on streaming. So if we come to a time when most of what we watch is on streaming--does it matter the length? If you watch a two hour Flash or twenty hour Flash, but it's all the same platform, is one Flash of greater value than another? It feels like movies and TV shows are both moving towards the same middle and the same medium.
    Yeah box office sales are higher than ever, but actual tickets sold has dropped 15% since 2002, at least in US.

Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think there is enormous doubt that Bumblebee will out sell Aquaman.
    Agreed...I'd be surprised if Bumblebee did better than Aquaman. I know Transformers have a fan base...but...I was among that fanbase as well and I have not watched anything since Transformers 2. I think there are plenty like me out there. I have no intention of seeing Bumblebee in the theater.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-arrowve...umor-analysis/

Make Superman a movie. Leave the CW shows to the b-grade characters.

https://www.cbr.com/supegirl-lex-lut...ng-arrowverse/

Cast a big name actors as Lex, Perry, the Kents, etc.

https://www.cbr.com/nicolas-cage-superman-lex-luthor/

Make Nick Cage the Superman Arrowverse's Lex Luthor.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'd say it's Mary Poppins, then Aquaman, then Bumblebee. But I have a hard time seeing Bumblebee beat Aquaman.
    Not sure if Bumblebee is able to beat Aquaman, but from what I've seen from Bumblebee, perhaps it can give Aquaman a hard time.

And Mary Poppins, well, it's a family movie, so it doesn't clash directly with Aquaman, but it can sure steal part of the audience, specially since these movies will be released during Christmas time.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Why? There are plenty of other really dumb frachises in markets where the local industry can rival Hollywwod. China is tricky because they do exclude US movies but they also have censorship. Japan and India has plenty of dumb on the big screen.
    there is no dumb franchise thats been tricking people for over 7 movies. 4 to 5 at the most. not 8 or 9.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Greg Berlanti, who is in charge of the CW shows, did try to do a DC Movie with Green Lantern, which is one of the most critically derided superhero movies of the post-Iron Man era.
    In reading about it Berlanti script got rewritten by Michael Green and Berlanti got replaced as director by Martin Campbell. Plus in post Venom world I don't think Green Lantern does as bad at the Box office

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In reading about it Berlanti script got rewritten by Michael Green and Berlanti got replaced as director by Martin Campbell. Plus in post Venom world I don't think Green Lantern does as bad at the Box office
    Plus that was seven years ago. People have been known to learn from their mistakes and do better the next time. Berlanti seems to have a pretty good track record with his recent TV stuff.
    His movie stuff could now be better too.