Default Anyone Else Get Bended Pages

I've noticed this with my trades sometimes. The pages all warp in a certain direction and it get gets annoying for me. Does this happen to you guys too? I live in Southern California do there's like no humidity and I take care of my books. Thanks for any input.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member

I get a ton of wavy trades, what's odd is that sometimes they'll arrive fine then go all wavy after a day or so and I've had the reverse happen too. I tend to just sandwich them between some other books which fixes them somewhat. It's hardly temperature or humidity related (not in North East England), I blame the paper stock they use or some particular printing process. Happens with both DC & Marvel trades, doesn't happen with Dynamite or the skinny Avatar trades.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Do you mainly read DC/Marvel paperbacks? Both print a lot of books on thin, high-gloss paper that is just over-saturated with ink. They'll just wrinkle and warp on contact with the air and the heat/moisture from your hands. This is one of the reasons I tend to buy hardcovers wherever possible, as the paper is *usually* better (To give one exception: Marvel's Infinity OHC is printed on the same terrible paper).

Yeah mostly dc and marvel for me. I first noticed with spiderman trades and a dark victory hardcover. I hope not doesn't happen with any of my absolute editions lol. Absolute editions should be fine from this cheap over saturated paper then right?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

I haven't had too, too much trouble with bended pages although it does happy occasionally and like everyone else said, I've only noticed it so far with DC/Marvel trades.

Something that actually happened to my Marvel Masterworks X-Men 1 is that the edges (on the top) are starting to yellow since I've bought it. Had it a couple years. None of my other books are doing that.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender