Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yup.

The other weapons are his blades, some lightning powered flails (which will be "great" against a god of thunder) and some heavy hitting gauntlets that are really fun to use but have less range than his other options.
    So yea ... if Kratos can't close the distance before Thor takes off, or do anything to knock Thor out of the sky (and it seems like he's unable), his strength advantage is irrelevant.

Thor's just gonna zorch him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

First game Kratos has the souls he can summon that can fly but I'd still give the win to Thor. Kratos is probably just as strong and durable as Thor but he generally lacks the long range attacks.

GOW 5 is supposed to be him fighting Thor apparently.

Mighty Member

While Thor can theoretically take this, his bloodlusted in-character behaviour is likely to result in at least an attempt to fight Kratos hand to hand, which is exceptionally likely to end with a thoroughly mauled Odinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    First game Kratos has the souls he can summon that can fly but I'd still give the win to Thor. Kratos is probably just as strong and durable as Thor but he generally lacks the long range attacks.

GOW 5 is supposed to be him fighting Thor apparently.
    Spoilers man spoilers lol

but, its possible. Thor does show up at the very end credit scene

Totally different though than MCU thor though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    While Thor can theoretically take this, his bloodlusted in-character behaviour is likely to result in at least an attempt to fight Kratos hand to hand, which is exceptionally likely to end with a thoroughly mauled Odinson.
    With PIS perhaps, but bloodlusted "doing whatever it takes to win", it's just going to be massive Hela stunning thunderbolt, after massive Hela stunning thunderbolt from the air.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Naw, that is a bunch of crap. Thor was blood lusted in infinity war and hit Thanos with a giant lightning bolt and then threw an axe into his chest.

Hes gonna take Kratos head off
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I recalled that there is this bit in GoW4

Kratos has an exceptionally bad showing against a dude whose lightning is nowhere near the scale of Thor's.

This is, in all likelihood, a low showing based on how Kratos did against his dad in GoW2 and 3 but if he doesn't like this, he's going to hate what Thor has to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Spoilers man spoilers lol

but, its possible. Thor does show up at the very end credit scene

Totally different though than MCU thor though.
    Sorry about the spoilers. But yeah, GOW Thor will be different than MCU Thor; that's why I started a different line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I recalled that there is this bit in GoW4

Kratos has an exceptionally bad showing against a dude whose lightning is nowhere near the scale of Thor's.

This is, in all likelihood, a low showing based on how Kratos did against his dad in GoW2 and 3 but if he doesn't like this, he's going to hate what Thor has to play with.
    Yeah, that's definitely a low showing as Kratos has shook off worse than that in terms of lightening and other energy attacks.

Old Man Kratos has his own throwable axe that can come back to him, and GOW3 has those blades with decent range. Thor only ever brought out Hela stunning bolts at close range. If he tries that here, he's liable to get clipped by the blades or the thrown axe. Also, I've seen videos of Kratos/Zeus boss battle in GOW3 and Kratos had a bow. Is that included?

Old Man Kratos may be more susceptible to lightning so that may be a winning strategy against him. Idk if this applies to GoW 3 Kratos though.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Old Man Kratos has his own throwable axe that can come back to him, and GOW3 has those blades with decent range. Thor only ever brought out Hela stunning bolts at close range. If he tries that here, he's liable to get clipped by the blades or the thrown axe. Also, I've seen videos of Kratos/Zeus boss battle in GOW3 and Kratos had a bow. Is that included?

Old Man Kratos may be more susceptible to lightning so that may be a winning strategy against him. Idk if this applies to GoW 3 Kratos though.
    He hit Thanos with the same level of lightning from a notable distance.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Why was it same level? Thanos was pushed over but literally unharmed. Nor did that bolt split over a kilometer wide.

Anyways, for video game characters I usually default to "end of game" versions as that's when they have their best stuff.

Sorry if that wasnt clear.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It was a weaker lightning bolt, and more comparable to the ones he used to throw out with Mjolnir (like against Ultron). It barely messed up the dirt around Thanos, meanwhile both Hela stunners did damage to the surrounding area (wrecking that balcony, wrecking a section of the rainbow bridge (said rainbow bridge was able to take many many hits from Mjolnir Thor before shattering which makes the lightning insane)).

The Thanos bolt does not compare at all, but it may be enough to stun Old Man Kratos for an extended time anyway. Then a head chop could end things.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    It was a weaker lightning bolt, and more comparable to the ones he used to throw out with Mjolnir (like against Ultron). It barely messed up the dirt around Thanos, meanwhile both Hela stunners did damage to the surrounding area (wrecking that balcony, wrecking a section of the rainbow bridge (said rainbow bridge was able to take many many hits from Mjolnir Thor before shattering which makes the lightning insane)).

The Thanos bolt does not compare at all, but it may be enough to stun Old Man Kratos for an extended time anyway. Then a head chop could end things.
    If it registered on Thanos' radar, there's no reason at all for you to say that it's 'weaker'. Especially since one bolt was without a focus (Mjolnir/Stormbreaker), and the other one was.

Arx Inosaan

If it registered on Thanos' radar, there's no reason at all for you to say that it's 'weaker'. Especially since one bolt was without a focus (Mjolnir/Stormbreaker), and the other one was.
    It didn't particularly register. He wasn't even stunned. He fired back like.... 3 seconds after?

Edit
    https://youtu.be/Zvp3ppiMa_s
    LESS than 1 second seems more accurate
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-16-2018 at 03:57 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure