Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My parents, some Asterix, Tintin and Lucky Luke of course. (can't escape those growing up in France)

Super hero comics now it started thanks to a magazine who was called "Strange" in which you could find Marvel stories. (Spider-man, X-men, Iron Man and Alpha Flight mostly)

I don't remember when exactly but pretty early, somewhere during primary school i would say.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The first comic I ever received was from my mother when I was in first grade back in early '72 (a Gold Key Pink Panther). The following year, I got my first superhero/DC comics (Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen and Legion of Super-Heroes). By 1974, Marvel came into my life (no superhero issues, though - two reprints featuring western and sci-fi stories). In 1975, I got my first Batman and Spidey comics, while 1976 was the year I started actively buying them myself on a weekly basis.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

I started out a Superman fan due to the films and the Super Friends cartoon, but didn't know what comics were but Id pick whatever movie comic book tie-in Id spot at the drugstore (Star Wars, Indiana Jones).

I didnt start consider it a hobby until I started collecting comics based on G.I.Joe and Transformers and from there I rediscovered Batman riding the Dark Knight hype.

Watched a lot of Saturday Morning cartoons growing up. When I got to college, there was a gigantic Flea Market a couple of miles away. Once every few weeks, usually on the weekends as a break from studying, I would walk there from my Campus Dorm and look around. I found one stall that sold comic books, so I bought some and took them back to to my Dorm to read.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watched a lot of Saturday Morning cartoons growing up.
    I would say most people here probably were first introduced to superheroes via cartoons, Tami. I know I first saw them exactly 50 years ago - Batman, Superman, Spidey, The Fantastic Four, Aquaman, etc.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Cartoons seem to be a main factor for most of you when it comes to comics.
    I remembered I used to watch x men cartoons when I was young and liked it.
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16