Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The first comic I ever received was from my mother when I was in first grade back in early '72 (a Gold Key Pink Panther). The following year, I got my first superhero/DC comics (Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen and Legion of Super-Heroes). By 1974, Marvel came into my life (no superhero issues, though - two reprints featuring western and sci-fi stories). In 1975, I got my first Batman and Spidey comics, while 1976 was the year I started actively buying them myself on a weekly basis.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

I started out a Superman fan due to the films and the Super Friends cartoon, but didn't know what comics were but Id pick whatever movie comic book tie-in Id spot at the drugstore (Star Wars, Indiana Jones).

I didnt start consider it a hobby until I started collecting comics based on G.I.Joe and Transformers and from there I rediscovered Batman riding the Dark Knight hype.

Watched a lot of Saturday Morning cartoons growing up. When I got to college, there was a gigantic Flea Market a couple of miles away. Once every few weeks, usually on the weekends as a break from studying, I would walk there from my Campus Dorm and look around. I found one stall that sold comic books, so I bought some and took them back to to my Dorm to read.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watched a lot of Saturday Morning cartoons growing up.
    I would say most people here probably were first introduced to superheroes via cartoons, Tami. I know I first saw them exactly 50 years ago - Batman, Superman, Spidey, The Fantastic Four, Aquaman, etc.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Cartoons seem to be a main factor for most of you when it comes to comics.
    I remembered I used to watch x men cartoons when I was young and liked it.