Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Doesn't that depend on his rank and banding? I don't know about America, but in the United Kingsom all surgeons are titled "Doctor" until they become a consultant and then they become "Mister/Ms".

Moira MacTaggert should've have been higher on the list of it was recognition of scientific endeavour, she's a Nobel prize winner. She definitely should've been above Spider-Man and Hulk (his biggest contribution to science being a miscalculation that turned him into a volatile rage monster.)
    A Surgeon is just a type of doctor in the us. Besides you still have the Doctorate degree either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She wasn't, the only one who had any sort of role was Reed. She was just being the mother of the team and foundation like she usually does.

I can see her being a medical doctor, this list shows that Marvel is definitely lacking them. Only a few were in medical field. It suits her personality, powers, and history of her father being a surgeon. They even have a way to shorten the process now as years have passed for her while away with Reed and the kids.

She was not in tittle but in action. You can belittle it by calling it being the mother (not that mother is an easy job) but she was the one who calmed the kids talked people down etc.

The list does not show a lack of MDs it just lists picks for top ten doctors of all types. Even with that Pym and McCoy are Bio-Chem they know a great deal about the human body and how to heal it . That is why it made so much sense for McCoy to stay with the injured Jarvis in No Surrender (for a recent example).

I don't see how traveling through space and universes gets time for med school which is what 6 years not counting any speciality rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    She was not in tittle but in action. You can belittle it by calling it being the mother (not that mother is an easy job) but she was the one who calmed the kids talked people down etc.

The list does not show a lack of MDs it just lists picks for top ten doctors of all types. Even with that Pym and McCoy are Bio-Chem they know a great deal about the human body and how to heal it . That is why it made so much sense for McCoy to stay with the injured Jarvis in No Surrender (for a recent example).

I don't see how traveling through space and universes gets time for med school which is what 6 years not counting any speciality rotations.
    I did not belittle anything. She wasn't a counselor to the team, she was just wrangling the unruly children (and adults).
    These are comics, they could give her the qualification and training in a matter of minutes if they wanted. All in all, It's a profession that suits the character and leads to interesting avenues for her both in and out if the team.
    With the film synergy going on and Marvel getting the FF back, it's better to do this soon and craft a good story out of it instead of retconning it into her history.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-17-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I did not belittle anything. She wasn't a counselor to the team, she was just wrangling the unruly children (and adults).
    These are comics, they could give her the qualification and training in a matter of minutes if they wanted. All in all, It's a profession that suits the character and leads to interesting avenues for her both in and out if the team.
    With the film synergy going on and Marvel getting the FF back, it's better to do this soon and craft a good story out of it instead of retconning it into her history.
    Going to med school while being a mom and wife is full of potential storylines...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Going to med school while being a mom and wife is full of potential storylines...
    I at least think so.

The family appreciating her more knowing how much she does for them now that they have divvy up the responsibilities.
    Reed especially getting used to the change in dynamic.
    It may not be fighting Galactus or something, but I can see it being a very human story about and adult going back into education. All the trials and tribulations of balancing that with her being a Mom and superhero.

At the end of it all she'd be a doctor. She'd be called to help more by other heroes, be able to help treat injuries during FF expeditions, and this would give a new dynamic for the FF that can be mined. That's one of my biggest reasons for it, It's growth for the character that changes the family dynamic without dismantling the family. No Namor, no breaking the family up for cheap drama. It'd be new and different for the team, and what the FF needs are new different stories.

I at least think so.

The family appreciating her more knowing how much she does for them now that they have divvy up the responsibilities.
    Reed especially getting used to the change in dynamic.
    It may not be fighting Galactus or something, but I can see it being a very human story about and adult going back into education. All the trials and tribulations of balancing that with her being a Mom and superhero.

At the end of it all she'd be a doctor. She'd be called to help more by other heroes, be able to help treat injuries during FF expeditions, and this would give a new dynamic for the FF that can be mined. That's one of my biggest reasons for it, It's growth for the character that changes the family dynamic without dismantling the family. No Namor, no breaking the family up for cheap drama. It'd be new and different for the team, and what the FF needs are new different stories.
    I agree, I was not being dismissive. There can be great stories there that speak to a generation.

Astonishing Member

I always like sue as ceo of ff incorporated so to speak

To me I always like her as the head of the business side of the family affairs

World class ceo beating people like doom in the boardroom

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I always like sue as ceo of ff incorporated so to speak

To me I always like her as the head of the business side of the family affairs

World class ceo beating people like doom in the boardroom
    Different strokes and all that. I personally like doctor more because it's a more active role that provides lots of story potential for both Sue and the entire FF.
    Plus this list shows that Marvel needs more heroes who are MD's.
    My issue with the ceo thing is that it doesn't provide much story potential. The last time it was mentioned was in Waid's run 15 years ago when she handed the job over to Johnny (who's character befitted from it much more than her). It hasn't been seen or mentioned since and that's because of the type of job it is. There aren't many stories that can come out of it and writers often just end up making Reed the head of it all anyway.
    Last edited by Crimz; 10-17-2018 at 04:18 PM.