Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Medical doctors, or just people with a PH.D. in any discipline? Guess I have to watch the vid.
    Reed Richards and Hank Pym aren't MDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Both why does Dr Strange go by Doctor and not Mr if he was a surgeon?
    Doesn't that depend on his rank and banding? I don't know about America, but in the United Kingsom all surgeons are titled "Doctor" until they become a consultant and then they become "Mister/Ms".

Moira MacTaggert should've have been higher on the list of it was recognition of scientific endeavour, she's a Nobel prize winner. She definitely should've been above Spider-Man and Hulk (his biggest contribution to science being a miscalculation that turned him into a volatile rage monster.)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Honestly not only is Moira not first she got out-ranked by an ER doctor who has been absent for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Strange still has his M.D. and although he rarely practices there's no problem of him going by doctor.

10. Night Nurse
    9. Professor X
    8. Hank Pym
    7. Moira MacTaggert
    6. Peter Parker (lmao)
    5. Hank McCoy
    4. Stephen Strange
    3. Bruce Banner
    2. Reed Richards
    1. Jane Foster

Pandering is strong in this one.
    How the heck is Peter there when Octavious was the one who got the doctorate? Rigged.

Well technically Peter started the course and left and Otto just finished up so it's 50/50.

It does actually credit Otto in the video.

Still, Peter has no place on the list. Holding a PhD isn't noteworthy, doing something worthwhile with it is. He's on a list with a Nobel Prize-winning geneticist, a biochemist that is renowned for his discovery, and one of the most brilliant men on the planet. I'd even go as far to say that those without PhD's, Claire and Jane, outrank him because of their experiences and contributions to medicine. That said, as valuable as trauma surgeons and ER Doctors are, Jane shouldn't be topping this list when compared to the likes of Moira, Hank and Reed. It's even odder since they aren't currently trying to promote Jane as Thor anymore, since Thor has reclaimed the title (which was never a title to begin with and is just his first name but I'll relent on that point).

I can see Parker on a scientist list but probably not top 10 since his work is mostly kept to himself.
    But still there are other characters who deserve to be on the list like Dr. Kavita Rao, Adam Brashear, Leonard Sampson, etc.

Well technically Peter started the course and left and Otto just finished up so it's 50/50.
    And I'm pretty sure the doctorate got revoked when it publicly came out that the thesis he used for his doctorate was written by Otto Octavius, making people think Peter plagiarized his work.

Astonishing Member

I can see Parker on a scientist list but probably not top 10 since his work is mostly kept to himself.
    But still there are other characters who deserve to be on the list like Dr. Kavita Rao, Adam Brashear, Leonard Sampson, etc.
    forgot about Samson, yeah he should be there too imo

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I still think Marvel should make Sue Storm a medical doctor.

don't see it unless it was a shrink. She was a counselor of sorts in the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I'm pretty sure the doctorate got revoked when it publicly came out that the thesis he used for his doctorate was written by Otto Octavius, making people think Peter plagiarized his work.
    no Otto got it through.

His spider man tech is but he did a lot in his own company and working for Max. Sure it is stuff that is immediately forgettable but so is most super science.

Reed's biggest on going inventions a portal to the negative zone for some reason located in Manhattan, a flying car, and unstable molecule cloths. Most everything else emcees and goes.
    Pym who should be higher than Beast as he is the Top bio chemist in the MU Even Beast and Reed have admitted that at times. Pym Particles and Ultron
    Stark has a longer list in armor weapons and stuff from his company but not all of that is from him. A lot is but the fact he once put roller skates on his suit will always put him down a few notches.
    Peter has out thought many established scientific villains including Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    don't see it unless it was a shrink. She was a counselor of sorts in the foundation.
    She wasn't, the only one who had any sort of role was Reed. She was just being the mother of the team and foundation like she usually does.

I can see her being a medical doctor, this list shows that Marvel is definitely lacking them. Only a few were in medical field. It suits her personality, powers, and history of her father being a surgeon. They even have a way to shorten the process now as years have passed for her while away with Reed and the kids.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Doesn't that depend on his rank and banding? I don't know about America, but in the United Kingsom all surgeons are titled "Doctor" until they become a consultant and then they become "Mister/Ms".

Moira MacTaggert should've have been higher on the list of it was recognition of scientific endeavour, she's a Nobel prize winner. She definitely should've been above Spider-Man and Hulk (his biggest contribution to science being a miscalculation that turned him into a volatile rage monster.)
    Bruce didn't miscalculate. A spy didn't stop the countdown.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The list is a bit wonky. Some have doctorates (like Reed Richards) while some are MDs (Night Nurse, Doctor Strange). But then I think the distinction between a doctorate and a PhD is confusing.

And Doom should definitely be on the list, if only for the fact that he successfully delivered baby Valeria by combining science and sorcery