Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Injustice - What will come up next?

I'm pretty sure many of you will want to know if there's going to be an "Injustice 3". Well, I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty convinced it will. Question is, which ending of Injustice 2 will be canon then? Why the most optimistic people wish for Batman's ending to be canon, I'm more realistic; so I say the ending canon will be the one of Superman. Why?, easy, because this is the ending that promise the endless conflict of this reality will continue. Injustice is everything about continuous fights and deaths, which leads to a broken world and a hopeless future.

In the new comic crossover "Injustice vs Masters of the Universe", we saw the world of Superman's ending. People say He-Man will defeat Superman and free the world, but Injustice has proven never to be that easy. It follows the same structure that Injustice's comics (Years 1 to 5). Basically, the Insurgency tries to defeat the Regimen, but a secondary problem suddenly happens (in this case, Darkseid's attack on Greyskull) and both sides are forced to collaborate. But as soon as it's over, things end in a way that none of the sides end-up winning anything; and the weakest side (the Insurgency) ends up in the worst condition, only making the Regime stronger.

So, as far as I see, Darkseid will be defeated, but Superman will take advantage and the Insurgency will end up worse than at the beginning. In fact, something tells me Superman could even get his hands on the Anti-Life Equation; which is really bad. Seeing how people turned against He-Man at the beginning of the first issue for defeating a dictator could be a premonition of nothing good. Besides, there's an aspect of this ending that the comic seems to have forgotten: Superman's Legion of Super-Heroes. There's no sign of Superman creating this army in the comic, so the story could end up with the first clues of it.

With this, "Injustice 3" could be a war against Superman's army, who after conquering his universe, he puts his eyes in other universes; starting with the one of the heroes who defeated him in the first game.

Kon93

Superboy and wonder girl got saved by boostergold and the Legion awhile back, so they will be ready to fight superman up next if they want to go that direction.

Canon-wise I expect they'll use the Batman ending for the canon ending, especially since a lot of the arcade endings reference it.

I think post-Aquaman (the movie) Mera should be a shoe-in for the game.

Beast Boy might also work his way in there since he's only one of the core main five Titans who hasn't been in the game yet (even though he's dead, but that's never stopped them before).

I see the Batman ending as canon, I think the Superman ending was just used as a way to bring He-man in and give him a reason to be involved or do something.

Personally I want a time jump for the next game/comic, probably between 8 or 10 years. That way the new kids(Oliver and Dinah’s son, Harley’s daughter, and either of Black Lightenings kids) will be around to fight as their own new characters. Perhaps even Killer Croc’s and Orca’s child as I imagine that would be interesting to see character wise. Have Supergirl become Superwoman, have Connor and Cassie come back as new Superman and Wonder Woman, and heck if they come back maybe they bring one of the legion of superheroes with them. Finally please put in Booster Gold and Plastic man, they were great in the comics. Choose among any of the original characters who will return.

As for villains and story I kind of want everyone worried Superman is coming back but in actuality it’s Ultraman and the crime syndicate so Bruce’s way to beat Superman won’t work.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I see the Batman ending as canon, I think the Superman ending was just used as a way to bring He-man in and give him a reason to be involved or do something.

Personally I want a time jump for the next game/comic, probably between 8 or 10 years. That way the new kids(Oliver and Dinah’s son, Harley’s daughter, and either of Black Lightenings kids) will be around to fight as their own new characters. Perhaps even Killer Croc’s and Orca’s child as I imagine that would be interesting to see character wise. Have Supergirl become Superwoman, have Connor and Cassie come back as new Superman and Wonder Woman, and heck if they come back maybe they bring one of the legion of superheroes with them. Finally please put in Booster Gold and Plastic man, they were great in the comics. Choose among any of the original characters who will return.

As for villains and story I kind of want everyone worried Superman is coming back but in actuality it’s Ultraman and the crime syndicate so Bruce’s way to beat Superman won’t work.
    To counter Ultraman, the League travels through Hypertime and recruits Shorts and Meye, two people that due to circumstances, ended up on an Earth where they already existed. Shorts being a hero to the people (both) with the ability to go Super Super, where his blonde hair turns blue and his powers rival that of Superman and Ultraman.

Well, I'm not sure what they'll do with the canon. They used Batman's ending last time, but the multiverse has been a big part of this narrative from the start and Superbrainiac waging war across realities means you can dive head-first into that; bring in the Regime survivors, the heroes from Injustice 1's "good" earth, other Elseworlds and Earths from DC history, and you've got a perfect, built-in mechanic for all the different gear styles, mirror matches, etc.

As for roster......I figure anyone who has been in Injustice 1 and 2 is locked for the third.

I figure Supergirl will stick around to balance out Damian (Bruce and Clark steal each other's family, to keep it personal). Not sure how popular Beetle and Firestorm were, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of both of them return.

Mera seems quite possible to me, especially if she proves to be an audience favorite in the Aquaman movie. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to believe that Kaldur'am's Aqualad is possible too.

We'll obviously get another Mortal Kombat character. I'm guessing Sonya Blade (is that her name?) or Shang.....whatever the sorcerer's name is, but I'd really like to see the four armed Goro.

He-Man might be possible; I'd be surprised if there weren't at least talks about the possibility after the comic got approved. I mean, after the Ninja Turtles, why the hell not? Might as well throw Space Ghost into consideration too. lol

We're gonna need a creepy witch, and I'm guessing Constantine or Circe.

We're gonna need another Lantern villain, and I'm guessing Star Sapphire, but I'd love to see Larfleeze.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new Flash rogue, and my money is on Mirror Master.

We'll need a new "hulk" type character (we always get Bane plus at least one other) and I suspect Etrigan will make the cut, to add a little....spice......to the role. KGBeast seems like a good choice to me too, but he might be too similar to Bane.

We're gonna need a new soldier-assassin to replace Deathstroke and Deadshot, and I figure it's gotta be between Sgt. Rock or Kanto or.....someone. Not a lot of options here.

We're gonna need a femme fatale, and I'd put money on either Lady Shiva or Cheshire.

They'll add another Bat and Super villain, and if its not Ra's al Ghul and Metallo (or Parasite) I will be quite displeased.

And Beast Boy seems very possible too, since he's the only NTT we've yet to see and his powerset would make for a very interesting play style.

And if the game studio is intent on adding characters from beyond the DCU, then I think they'd be remiss not to try and get Goku from Dragon Ball. It's a terrible choice, but one the fans would eat up, and even I have to admit I'd love to finally get Superman v Goku.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Do people think the comics should have an effect on the games, I mean personally I do because I think it adds a lot to the games when they reference or adhere to what we’ve read such as Oliver from the alternate universe. However, I wonder if they’d stop doing it cause it would confuse noncomic readers in a DC game?

I mean I do eventually want to see Green Arrow and Black canary’s son become a playable character with Ollie’s arrows and Dinah’s scream or even eventually see what Killer Croc and Orca’s child is to see if it would be a Bane type fighter, but they might not do that because people who would buy the game may not have read the tie in comic. I feel it would just be a waste of what they’ve built up so far honestly if they did.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Do people think the comics should have an effect on the games, I mean personally I do because I think it adds a lot to the games when they reference or adhere to what we’ve read such as Oliver from the alternate universe. However, I wonder if they’d stop doing it cause it would confuse noncomic readers in a DC game?

I mean I do eventually want to see Green Arrow and Black canary’s son become a playable character with Ollie’s arrows and Dinah’s scream or even eventually see what Killer Croc and Orca’s child is to see if it would be a Bane type fighter, but they might not do that because people who would buy the game may not have read the tie in comic. I feel it would just be a waste of what they’ve built up so far honestly if they did.
    I don't think the comics have an effect on the games because the games ignore a lot from the comics. Scarecrow was killed by Joker in year one and pops up in the second game as a playable character. Swamp Thing was a member of the Regime in comic but in the game he's not involved in the conflict choosing not to do anything since the war between heroes hasn't been affecting the green. The circumstances of Damien joining the Regime is completely different in the game than how it was in the comic. The game developers have taking a board strokes approach when it comes to the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think the comics have an effect on the games because the games ignore a lot from the comics. Scarecrow was killed by Joker in year one and pops up in the second game as a playable character. Swamp Thing was a member of the Regime in comic but in the game he's not involved in the conflict choosing not to do anything since the war between heroes hasn't been affecting the green. The circumstances of Damien joining the Regime is completely different in the game than how it was in the comic. The game developers have taking a board strokes approach when it comes to the comic.
    Yeah they follow the broad strokes but there are some references to certain events and what not. I can't wait for the next Injustice, the fighting system is so smooth.

I just hope they add more to the next roster. I just want more characters to play with and I don't want to lose Black Canary like we lost Dick.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

No, the studio shouldn't concern themselves with the tie-in comic. Now, if there's something they want to reference or build from or use, great, go for it. But I dont want the studio having their hands tied by a narrative they themselves didn't write. As someone else said, if they did that then we wouldn't have gotten Scarecrow, Swamp Thing probably would have been handled very differently in the story mode, etc.

And if the game follows the comics, does that also mean the game studio now has to use the Superman ending because of the He-Man comic? Or that He-Man *has* to be a playable character? I'd be cool with both, but again, do we really want the whole game forced into a shape made by comics the studio didn't create, just to satisfy the few people who bought the games and the comics? I say thee nay.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think an Injustice 3 is inevitable! The first two games were very popular and sold well enough to warrant a third. Going by the pattern NRS has established for the past decade, 2021 is earliest we'll get it (announcement in 2020).

As for storyline, I feel following Superman's ending would provide for the best narrative (Regime hunting down Insurgents), but I feel they'll go with Batman's ending, as the former would sort of feel like a retread of the first game (minus the parallel heroes). Then again, Batman's ending would sort of be a retread of Injustice 2 (rebuilding the League, Regime locked up/in hiding). I guess it's a toss up really... I'd personally go with Superman's ending though.

Now for the roster. I think it's safe to assume that if a character showed up in the first two games, they'll show up in the third as well. So with that being said...

Guaranteed: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Damian Wayne, Harley Quinn, The Joker, Catwoman, Black Adam, Bane

From there, in order to complete the roster, you have to look at which characters are getting pushed in the comics and/or have something going on in live action/ animation. So looking at the upcoming movie/tv landscape, we get...

Strong Chances (Heroes): Blue Beetle (YJ), Supergirl (tv show/movie), Starfire (Titans), Raven (Titans), Swamp Thing (streaming show), Hawkgirl (comics push), Black Lightning (tv show), Black Canary ( movie)

Strong Chances (Villains): Black Manta (movie), Cheetah (movie), Poison Ivy (movie), Deathstroke (Titans), Killer Frost (tv show/SS2?), Deadshot (SS2?)

Now onto new characters. The same criteria is applied here, that was applied above for returning characters. Look at the comics/movies/shows for clues...

New Heroes Beast Boy (Titans), Huntress (movie), Mera (movie), Cass Cain (movie), Batwoman (tv show), Stargirl (streaming show), Vibe (tv show), Someone from the Doom Patrol (tv show)

New Villains Black Mask (movie), Dr Sivana (movie), Oceanmaster (movie)

And that's all I got right now. Of course they could always throw us a curveball and include whomever and explore the multiverse lol. But I think those characters listed above have a very strong chance of being in Injustice 3.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 10-17-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When it comes to returning characters I want to see Zod come back and play a role in the story. I'm very interested how Zod would interact with Injustice Superman. If anyone can get him out of the Phantom Zone it's Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When it comes to returning characters I want to see Zod come back and play a role in the story. I'm very interested how Zod would interact with Injustice Superman. If anyone can get him out of the Phantom Zone it's Zod.
    Oh boy, I have some news for you..

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah they follow the broad strokes but there are some references to certain events and what not. I can't wait for the next Injustice, the fighting system is so smooth.

I just hope they add more to the next roster. I just want more characters to play with and I don't want to lose Black Canary like we lost Dick.
    Those broad strokes are why I will hold out hope for at least Connor and Lucy(Harley’s daughter) to one day be involved since the games have referenced them at least.
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think it'd be a smart move to just go crazy with the Multiverse stuff and have an army of evil Supermen free the Injustice Superman and start a full blown Crisis on Infinite Earths with every variety of DCU character they want. It would free them up to play with previously dead characters like Joker and Shazam that they're clearly gonna want to use again.

That way, they could use both endings.