Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they really wanted “Ric” to stick, or even have a chance, they would need to surround it with a good story and a strong platform. But instead we have this mess.
    Just goes to show how bad the people behind this book and character are. They can’t even manage basic things like getting a storyline to stick, or even a writer or artist to stick for that matter, but they’re gonna get “Ric” to stick. LoL, sure. Good luck with that. The way they’re going the only thing they are gonna accomplish with “Ric” is benchmark this mess, and give readers something to mock this time in the character’s history with.
    If DC was really serious about wanting to get “Ric” to stick, then they should really think about putting more competent people behind the character, and not task it to people who are just gonna half-ass it and don’t really give a crap.
    He's going by Dick or Richard in the Titans tv show right? That's all you need to know about "Ric's" staying power.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The only thing I like about the cop job is the uniform. Fighting crime day and night is overkill.
    Moore is only on Batman because it's a continuation of a previous story that he drew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    But that’s the "new direction". Ric Grayson, trying to be normal...please someone just shoot me
    Too penguin soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Just call him Richard and be done with it. "Dick" doesn't really work, neither does "Ric". Richard Grayson is fine.
    I see no problem with Richard. It's a two-syllable word. Like Barry, Kal-El, Harvey, Jason, etc. I use one-syllable names for dogs so they don't get confused.

Mighty Member

Who approved this garbage? This is worse than garbage!

Incredible Member

Worse than garbage is the actual Batman title.

BANNED

6/10 because Discowing.

"I think Lobdell’s first crack at this was good, not great — thus the rating below. But I legitimately didn’t like Ric Grayson this issue. I can’t stress enough that he is VERY ANNOYING."
    https://thegww.com/nightwing-51-review/

"The story by Lobdell is very strong. Nicieza writing the dialogue almost loses it for me though. It’s not a good fit as Nicieza doesn’t have a good handle on Nightwing and all of the dialogue is forced and overwritten.
    The art is a little inconsistent on this as well. Hopefully it turns around in the upcoming issues. It’s not bad but it’s uneven. And it could be better."

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2018/10/nightwing-51-review.html

Ratings:
    Ray – 1/10
    Corrina: Hard Pass
    This whole issue is nonsense, reminding me more of the weird Bruce Jones Nightwing run from One Year Later more than anything.
    https://geekdad.com/2018/10/review-n...ise%20of%20Ric
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-17-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "I think Lobdell’s first crack at this was good, not great — thus the rating below. But I legitimately didn’t like Ric Grayson this issue. I can’t stress enough that he is VERY ANNOYING."
    https://thegww.com/nightwing-51-review/

"The story by Lobdell is very strong. Nicieza writing the dialogue almost loses it for me though. It’s not a good fit as Nicieza doesn’t have a good handle on Nightwing and all of the dialogue is forced and overwritten.
    The art is a little inconsistent on this as well. Hopefully it turns around in the upcoming issues. It’s not bad but it’s uneven. And it could be better."

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2018/10/nightwing-51-review.html

Ratings:
    Ray – 1/10
    Corrina: Hard Pass
    This whole issue is nonsense, reminding me more of the weird Bruce Jones Nightwing run from One Year Later more than anything.
    https://geekdad.com/2018/10/review-n...ise%20of%20Ric
    I get you are not a fan of this direction but you don’t have to cherry pick reviews to shape a narrative. The issue actually has been getting very positive reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I get you are not a fan of this direction but you don’t have to cherry pick reviews to shape a narrative. The issue actually has been getting very positive reviews.
    What cherry pick? This is the first three I found on Twitter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What cherry pick? This is the first three I found on Twitter
    Then my bad. On comic book roundup they have all the reviews in one place. I think they have 13 in so far. Those 3 you found happen to be the negative reviews by chance.

Astonishing Member

So I'm not terribly interested in Ric. Or Scarecrow.

But I do rather like Copwing.

And if Lobdell goes buck wild and gives us a squad of Copwings in all the classic costumes, I'm willing to at least see that thread through.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Mighty Member

Reviewers are not trusted today for good reason. They are a minority. The majority hate it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’d read a Copwing Corps mini series tbh

Doing my best to look at this objectively, which is hard, but I thought this issue was much weaker than #50. The dialogue wasn't as good and Dick/Ric didn't really come across as interesting or sympathetic. Then the pacing of the story was kind of all over the place. Also if he only has memories up until he was in the circus then why did he decide to call himself Ric when his parents called him Dick? Or if he has no memories of Bludhaven then why would be go back to Bludhaven instead of travel around the country or world like he did in the traveling circus he grew up in? Wouldn't that make more sense? I don't understand that.

This is such a retread of the Batman story a few years ago with Jim Gordon taking over as Batman but not as well thought out. I really have no interest in his cop taking over as Nightwing because I have no emotional investment in him the way we had in Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Who approved this garbage? This is worse than garbage!
    Here you say it is garbage but on reddit you say you like it. Assuming yohhoy is you on reddit. Guess that might not be you.