Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd probably drop the book for good if they go back to the boring cop direction. It is completely unimaginative.
    Don't like the idea of Dick as a cop, at all, or are you more displeased that it would be a rinse and repeat of an old storyline once again, cause I can definately agree on the latter. Amnesia storylines in comics tend to be incredibly boring, at least for me, but at this point its like picking the lesser of two evils, whatever that is for people.

By the way, is there any word on how long this forgetful Ric storyline is gonna last? I think I saw someone mention a whole year, but I don't know where that figuire came from.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Don't like the idea of Dick as a cop, at all, or are you more displeased that it would be a rinse and repeat of an old storyline once again, cause I can definately agree on the latter. Amnesia storylines in comics tend to be incredibly boring, at least for me, but at this point its like picking the lesser of two evils, whatever that is for people.

By the way, is there any word on how long this forgetful Ric storyline is gonna last? I think I saw someone mention a whole year, but I don't know where that figuire came from.
    Both, but mostly how regressive I feel it is. Like we've gone down the cop in Bludhaven road already and I don't really see what else it can add now. A big reason is also how it forces him to be stuck in Bludhaven for even longer if he has a job as a cop vs being a dumb bar tender or gym instructor I guess. I'd prefer him to be out of Bludhaven, but if not then I'd want him to do something that allows for the most freedom of movement.

I think this arc will end when Heroes in Crisis is about over. So HiC might wrap up in March or April and this amnesia Ric direction probably wraps up in Feb or March.

Fantastic Member

LOL DC
    Scott Lobdell w/ Fabian Nicieza
    Just one big LOL

As annoying as renaming him "Ric" is, I really don't see it replacing "Dick" permanently. His name is too iconic, and DC constantly cycles from trying to be edgy to nostalgic.

Mighty Member

Fabian is there to look at Lobdell while DiDio is being shouted by the top to revert Dick. It's a circus. Two writers for an editorial mandated story is pointless. Might as well put another past Xmen writer to make the whole thing a reunion.

If they really wanted “Ric” to stick, or even have a chance, they would need to surround it with a good story and a strong platform. But instead we have this mess.
    Just goes to show how bad the people behind this book and character are. They can’t even manage basic things like getting a storyline to stick, or even a writer or artist to stick for that matter, but they’re gonna get “Ric” to stick. LoL, sure. Good luck with that. The way they’re going the only thing they are gonna accomplish with “Ric” is benchmark this mess, and give readers something to mock this time in the character’s history with.
    If DC was really serious about wanting to get “Ric” to stick, then they should really think about putting more competent people behind the character, and not task it to people who are just gonna half-ass it and don’t really give a crap.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-15-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Wake me up when Dick is back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, the dialogue and exposition was a bit much. Guess you have to expect that from Lobdell though.

So I guess this new detective character is going to become the new Nightwing and is going to die or mess up and force Dick/Ric to become a hero again? The fact that he is a detective makes me think they might set up Dick becoming a cop again after this, especially if this detective dies.
    He even has the right shade of blue for his tie

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just call him Richard and be done with it. "Dick" doesn't really work, neither does "Ric". Richard Grayson is fine.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-15-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Just call him Richard and be done with it. "Dick" doesn't really work, neither does "Ric". Richard Grayson is fine.
    Dick works well enough.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ric Grayson?

No thanks.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Fabian is there to look at Lobdell while DiDio is being shouted by the top to revert Dick. It's a circus. Two writers for an editorial mandated story is pointless. Might as well put another past Xmen writer to make the whole thing a reunion.
    Just give the book to Fabian already. And ensure Travis Moore STAY on Nightwing. A perfect creative team.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 10-16-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Just give the book to Fabian already. And ensure Travis Moore STAY on Nightwing. A perfect creative team.
    Regarding Travis Moore, he's drawing Batman 62 in the solicitations.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So glad i dropped with #50. do not like the direction at all
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Regarding Travis Moore, he's drawing Batman 62 in the solicitations.
    yeah that's why I hope him stay on Nightwing. Bruce has so many great artists, I think he wouldn't mind save one for Dick