Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Whatever Pen, I don't have any skin in this game
    You're the one making various claims about what characters should be able to do/ignore. The entire idea is that the things you claim can be questioned. The problem is when your claims are questioned, you default to not talking about those characters, so much as talking about completely different characters, and other than "well they're all gods" as the thin fiber between them, that verges on non sequitur.

I was providing some feats, and mentioned both sides, with context, as I did so.
    "Gods are all interchangeable" isn't context. Being asked for feats for characters, and instead talking about completely different characters, is not providing feats.

I didn't claim that Thor can no sell Moondragon (quite the opposite in fact)
    You claimed everything from that Thor was Moondragon's "top priority", despite that in fact she could only devote a small portion of her powers to doing him up, to that it was impressive how he fought her off "considering who didn't". The people "who didn't" were random average aliens that populated the rest of the planet that she was focusing the majority of her abilities on. Thor at that, despite only dealing with a small portion of her powers, could only get around them by turning himself back into Donald Blake.

So, I'll ask you a simple question: where do YOU place Loki's and Thor's mental resistance. It's easy as hell to attack someone else's position without stating your own. But the only way to have a discussion / debate is to both have a position. If my position is "Captain Hammer is class 100" yours shouldn't be "your wrong and you cheat board rules." It should be "I think he's class 2". Then we can go with "here's why

You have reached the point in the thread where you have ignored repeated requests for feats but now demand that your questions should be answered. That's.. one way to go. My position is pretty clear: Based on given performances, and especially, despite being asked twice now, not giving any for certain characters, neither Thor nor Loki should be able to ignore someone with demonstrated planetary scale mind control, i.e. Pre Crisis Darkseid, going at their brains. Given the lack of feats you have been providing for Loki, or I guess, one really lacking feat as far as Darkseid's level of mind control, despite being asked a whole bunch, it barely seems like there's anything to speak of for his mental resistances that would be relevant here, at all.

edit: hurrah, I only had to ask a mere twice to get an actual answer to something.

It's notable at that when you're asked for feats for a character, repeatedly, that you're now going "no, you have to say what you think they can do."
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-16-2018 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And just to add, I spent some time looking, and Loki's best resistance feat I could fine was no-selling Amora. He's got a dozen or so offensive tp feats that o could find.
    Hooray, I only had to ask twice then I guess, not three times. "No selling Amora" is nowhere near resisting something like planetary scale telepathy.

With that said, given how you've presented other showings, issue number?

I'm going to add, you know what's interesting given this "gods gods gods gods" thing?

Thor had to specifically turn himself into a mortal to spare himself Moondragon's mind control, which was not full force on him at that. Given the claim being made in this thread that the mere act of being a god means immunity to Xavier scale telepathy, how does that reconcile?
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-16-2018 at 05:56 AM.

While I'm here. So, kryptonians, right? They're an alien race with a specific biology that reacts to a yellow sun to give them all a baseline of superpowers that even if there are some variations in oomph, they all get those superpowers. A green lantern ring. A green lantern ring is a tool whose capacity provides for various effects, whose overall potency of those effects reflects the energy available to the ring at the time, the competence of the person using it, and the willpower of the user of that ring.

Whereas, "Gods".

Gods, such as they are, are highly individualized beings separated across pantheons that beyond their most average members vary not just a bit, but hugely, in everything from strength and durability, to esoteric powers, to skills, to magic use, to what all have you. The idea that they're somehow interchangeable anyway flies in the face of their portrayal.

Hell, the Asgardians, compared to, say, the Olympians, don't even possess the same sort of immortality, as the Asgardians technically age on a long, drawn out scale, whereas the Olympians past a certain point, not especially.

The idea that one god can sub in as an example of what another god can or should be able to do does not track with that very basic notion. They're not kryptonians, or martians, or green lantern rings.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-16-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Hel, the Asgardians, compared to-
    Fixed that for you.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Official Ruling: The feats of a specific god and capabilities derived from those feats apply to that god only. Power levels and abilities of various gods vary widely enough that you can not say one god can do all gods can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Official Ruling: The feats of a specific god and capabilities derived from those feats apply to that god only. Power levels and abilities of various gods vary widely enough that you can not say one god can do all gods can.
    Does... Pen have you on speed dial or something?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

From my experience, the mods are generally around in the morning.

From my experience, the mods are generally around in the morning.
    Noted! *goes off to harass the watcher*
    - big_adventure

As far as I've observed, they basically operate early day and late evening. *shrug*

As far as I've observed, they basically operate early day and late evening. *shrug*
    It seems that Pendaran has become ... The Watcher.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It seems that Pendaran has become ... The Watcher.
    Not necessarily but we now know who watches the watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Not necessarily but we now know who watches the watcher.
    The Watcher Watcher.

Probably works as some kinda Marvel/DC Cosmic Abstract
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Ok, just going to say this one more time: Amora no sold Chaz, and said flat out it was because "God". I am actually not trying to say that this means Thor can do the same, in fact, I said right out in the other thread that his feats are all over the place. Loki, however, is a God who has shown plenty of telepathy, and who, the one (or maybe two, istr him doing the same to Lorelei) time someone tried to mindwhammy him, he laughed it off. Which demonstrates some passive resistance. And given his vastly superior magic to Amora, i'd say he can also use magic to stone DS telepathy. But that's my opinion.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Ok, just going to say this one more time: Amora no sold Chaz, and said flat out it was because "God". I am actually not trying to say that this means Thor can do the same, in fact, I said right out in the other thread that his feats are all over the place. Loki, however, is a God who has shown plenty of telepathy, and who, the one (or maybe two, istr him doing the same to Lorelei) time someone tried to mindwhammy him, he laughed it off. Which demonstrates some passive resistance. And given his vastly superior magic to Amora, i'd say he can also use magic to stone DS telepathy. But that's my opinion.
    "I have no relevant resistance feats for Loki"