Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    "I have no relevant resistance feats for Loki"
    Not going to lie I chuckled.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

"I have no relevant resistance feats for Loki"
    "I don't make my own statements about a given character, I just attack others who bother to do so."

See? Two can play the fake quotes game.

Anyway, how much more relevant do you need? Loki has been attacked with mind-whammies once or twice in 50 years. He LOLnoped that. Loki has maybe a dozen feats for offensive telepathy and mind jiggery-pokery over those 50 years, and they've worked each and every time. A much lesser Asgardian AND Marvel sorcerer (Amora, the one/one of the ones Loki laughed off) then Loki LOLnoped a planetary-scale telepath the one time she was attacked, and cast what amounted to a level 0 asgardian spell for all the effort she spent to block said telepath from touching the minds of any of the other people on her team for the duration of the conflict, and maintained that with no effort at all.

So your opinion is that Loki, who LOLnopes Amora (and perhaps her sister as well), who also has offensive telepathy feats and who has crazy high end feats projecting himself in the astral plane, somehow has a lower resistance than a relaxing, indolent Amora, and that he can't do the same casual magic she can, despite being a VASTLY superior sorcerer than she is. We will have to agree to disagree.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    "I don't make my own statements about a given character, I just attack others who bother to do so."

See? Two can play the fake quotes game.

Anyway, how much more relevant do you need? Loki has been attacked with mind-whammies once or twice in 50 years. He LOLnoped that. Loki has maybe a dozen feats for offensive telepathy and mind jiggery-pokery over those 50 years, and they've worked each and every time. A much lesser Asgardian AND Marvel sorcerer (Amora, the one/one of the ones Loki laughed off) then Loki LOLnoped a planetary-scale telepath the one time she was attacked, and cast what amounted to a level 0 asgardian spell for all the effort she spent to block said telepath from touching the minds of any of the other people on her team for the duration of the conflict, and maintained that with no effort at all.

So your opinion is that Loki, who LOLnopes Amora (and perhaps her sister as well), who also has offensive telepathy feats and who has crazy high end feats projecting himself in the astral plane, somehow has a lower resistance than a relaxing, indolent Amora, and that he can't do the same casual magic she can, despite being a VASTLY superior sorcerer than she is. We will have to agree to disagree.
    You have reached the point where you feel you can make claims about what a character can do, and then when asked to justify them, not actually provide anything that character can do, while talking about what other characters, not that character, can do. When that is pointed out all you can do is say no one should be allowed to question your claims unless you give them permission to.

Discussion is not "I say something, then no one can question me on it."

You made a claim about a character, you were asked to support it by things that character did as far as the way that claim was questioned. You are incapable of doing so. That's basically it. If you make a claim, people get to question you on that claim. If you can't back that claim, the thing you are claiming ends up not having much weight. That's just... making a claim about a thing, and people then getting to question the claim you make.

There's no particular weight in "it's unfair that you can question what I say just because I claimed a character can do something. You should have to also!" You made a claim. People get to question the things you claim. You don't get to invent some board rule of "no one is allowed to question my statements unless they meet my specific question me requirements".

You are the one saying "this character can do this!", if you then can't show that they can do this when you get asked to show that they can, it means that they can't do that. My statement, that Loki will get done up psychically by Darkseid doesn't really require much more than Loki not having any relevant resistance feats to him not getting up by that level of power. And would you look at that, apparently he has none whatsoever. If a guy has not shown he can do a thing, or something so much better than that thing, such that that thing should be trivial, or something so close to that thing that it should be easy to read from something similar, then he can't do that thing, and given the variance between Asgardians, there's no edge case here to suggest otherwise.

"Well Loki did a bunch of things via telepathic offense!" Yes, and? That has nothing to do with his resistances, the thing you are being asked about.

Unless you want to default to that Loki is actually a conceptual cosmic abstract being for whom it would be off to suggest him getting impacted by something so low scale as a mere planetary scale effect, which would be interesting if you did, that's kinda it.

Loki has been attacked with mind-whammies once or twice in 50 years. He LOLnoped that.
    None of them on the scale of what he would be dealing with here.

Loki has maybe a dozen feats for offensive telepathy and mind jiggery-pokery over those 50 years, and they've worked each and every time.
    "I have dead zero feats for Loki having relevant mental resistance on this scale."

A much lesser Asgardian AND Marvel sorcerer (Amora, the one/one of the ones Loki laughed off) then Loki LOLnoped a planetary-scale telepath the one time she was attacked, and cast what amounted to a level 0 asgardian spell for all the effort she spent to block said telepath from touching the minds of any of the other people on her team for the duration of the conflict, and maintained that with no effort at all.
    "I am completely ignoring the mod ruling about gods not being interchangeable."

A much lesser Asgardian AND Marvel sorcerer (Amora, the one/one of the ones Loki laughed off) then Loki LOLnoped a planetary-scale telepath the one time she was attacked, and cast what amounted to a level 0 asgardian spell for all the effort she spent to block said telepath from touching the minds of any of the other people on her team for the duration of the conflict, and maintained that with no effort at all.

"I was asked for relevant feats twice, had none to give of any relevance, so I'm going to keep talking about a completely different character."

This isn't "agree to disagree", this is you, having nothing to provide for a character, and so instead you talk about a completely different one, while saying her mental resistances should be the same anyway as a completely different character, because you say so.

If you cannot show that Loki has the same mental resistances as the Enchantress by things he has actually done, and you can't according to you, whatever spell he could or could not cast is meaningless for him actually getting to even use it.

The Enchantress' mental resistances are not Loki's mental resistances. They're completely different characters. "Well they're both Asgardians" doesn't make them interchangeable considering how much variation there is between Asgardians.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-17-2018 at 03:13 AM.

As far as I've observed, they basically operate early day and late evening. *shrug*
    Time zone context or it didn’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Time zone context or it didn’t happen.
    I feel like this is going to end in my creating that Pepe Silvia chart from It's Always Sunny ;p

In fact, I'm going to skip ahead to the end ;p

via Imgflip Meme Generator