Default Marv Wolfman announces a Superman 100 page Special Comic released in January

https://www.facebook.com/marv.wolfman/posts/2049085778483846?__xts__[0]=68.ARDEF-kXWcc6gcOaHI-hQVizweBFE5uSwULVtEx59dRdRG-v28-JH0Vd-Tvz2Rkt-HiTdAfM3uaw1OHiZ30WyarDTtBXIFnCIYWM4jIJUCV7dpEH1XP QS1ECexFhJQ_Se-xKHu2NIa1JtgpIgcmWY7PWjPF5c1PSi0mb1lDvlQXPQRAdVf0Z oLAmzQ6MTc9PopM2JZ4kPQmVkBUYIOGHWqhbjiuFMUWY6BFNrP _LJA&__tn__=C-R

I always let the readers know a week or two before my books go on sale, but this time I'm giving folk several months warning. On JANUARY 30, 2019, DC will be releasing a Superman 100-page Super-Spectacular which features “Man And Superman,” a full-length Superman story that I honestly believe may be the best thing I've ever written, or if not, definitely in the top ten.

The book is written by me and drawn by Claudio Castellini. And you can see a few of his incredible pages here.

But here's the kicker. I wrote the script in 2006. Claudio drew it back then, too. But for reasons I explain in detail in the book's forward, it just never got published.

Superman Confidential, the book we wrote and drew it for, was about finding some period in Superman's past and to explore it in ways we'd never seen before. This story takes place during the weeks after he leaves Smallville and comes to Metropolis for the very first time. Clark not only is in search of a job, but he’s trying to figure out if he ever wants to become Superman. He aware that the moment he puts on his uniform his entire life and everything he’s known before, is about to abruptly change. Forever.

Sadly, Superman Confidential was cancelled before my story could appear.

Fortunately, DC’s finally found the perfect format to release it now.

Back in 2006 I wanted to write the story in a style that was very different from what readers expected from me. I also wanted to come up with several brand-new Superman ideas in each issue that we’d never seen before.

When I was finished writing chapter one I knew (believed?) I had succeeded. Maybe beyond what I was hoping for. And though I may be deluding myself, I truly think the story kept getting better and better.

As I previously said, “Man And Superman” will be published this coming January, but I wanted to let everyone know about it now. Why? Retailers are going to be ordering it from the various sales catalogs this coming Monday and I need everyone to go to your favorite shop before Monday and tell them this is coming out and they should definitely order and promote it.

If you’ve read my Facebook postings or my Twitter feed, you know when I mention an upcoming book of mine, I usually will say I’m very proud of the story. And I don’t say so unless I truly am. But I’ve never gone on and on about why I am so proud of it. But I am now.

I truly love this story and I really want as many people as possible to see it.

Whoops CBR wouldn't accept the full res images on Facebook. Hopefully someone can figure out how to post them as I'm still green when it comes to CBR's posting format. In any case, I'm pretty excited about a non Bendis written Superman comic getting published and it's nostalgic that DC are bringing back 100 page comics again. Wolfman also clarified that this will be released in local comic shops so it's not a Walmart only story.

Huh. Kinda surprised they’re doing this, but it’s definitely welcome.

So the full special is the Wolfman story, nothing by other creators?